Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OL MATHS LC 2014

• 03-06-2014 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Guys I need help. I haven't done any maths since jc hl and that was 2 years ago. I am counting ol in my 6 subjects. I don't know why I left it for the last 2 days. What parts should I revise and what shouldn't I revise in the 2 days I have.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

What have you been doing this past two years then when you were timetabled for maths? You have to have gone over some parts of the course? You would want to get into gear fairly rapid, because if you fail maths, it isn't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

Please help me I know I should of done something but there is no point talking about that now. I just want to know the most important parts of the course. I am pretty good at maths I got a b hl jc. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

We'll I won't be of much use, I don't teach Maths to Leaving Cert. I'm sure someone else who does will come along and help.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭RAnderson1995

LimeTimee wrote: »
    Guys I need help. I haven't done any maths since jc hl and that was 2 years ago. I am counting ol in my 6 subjects. I don't know why I left it for the last 2 days. What parts should I revise and what shouldn't I revise in the 2 days I have.

Algerbra is your new best friend it pops up all over the place! derivatives can come up in different ways as well, that's calculus so learn that!! Indices are kind of important but all of the Laws are in the tablebook!
    then probably functions and complex numbers are the next important ones and a bit of arithmetic! (all for paper 1)

for paper 2, probability, geometry, area and volume, co-ordinate geometry, and trig!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 giraffegoat

Algerbra is your new best friend it pops up all over the place! derivatives can come up in different ways as well, that's calculus so learn that!! Indices are kind of important but all of the Laws are in the tablebook!
    then probably functions and complex numbers are the next important ones and a bit of arithmetic! (all for paper 1)

for paper 2, probability, geometry, area and volume, co-ordinate geometry, and trig!

are those topics definitely only allowed appear on each paper? like can probability for instance only come up in paper 2 and complex numbers in paper 1?

• Advertisement

are those topics definitely only allowed appear on each paper? like can probability for instance only come up in paper 2 and complex numbers in paper 1?

Yes!
    Probability CANNOT come up on paper 1, and complex numbers CANNOT come up on paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 33 giraffegoat

Yes!
    Probability CANNOT come up on paper 1, and complex numbers CANNOT come up on paper 2

Thanks a mil!
    Do you know what paper Data + Sampling and Patterns + Sequences come up on?

Thanks a mil!
    Do you know what paper Data + Sampling and Patterns + Sequences come up on?

Statistics (data and stuff) comes up on paper 2
    Number patterns + sequences come up on paper 1

Advertisement