Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Stratford's the most well-connected place in Zone 2 so anywhere should be fine. Check for hotels along the Central, Jubilee, DLR and North London Overground (the one that goes from Willesden Junction to Stratford) lines. For reasonably priced, hotels in the Docklands area and the City might be pretty cheap as it's the weekend, but there'd be no craic there. I'd recommend looking around West Hampstead/Kilburn/Brondesbury as there's good value and it's a bit more lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

France and Italy tickets gone up again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Ireland v france there at the minute. Tickets listed for italy as well but cant add them as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The crap euro really doesn't help at times like this. £250 tickets equals nearly €350.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Managed to get some cat D Romania tickets in my basket before realising I'm away that weekend. Damn it all.

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote: »
    Managed to get some cat D Romania tickets in my basket before realising I'm away that weekend. Damn it all.
    Yeah I have Romania and Canada tickets but probably wont travel back for them unless I get Italy too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yeah I have Romania and Canada tickets but probably wont travel back for them unless I get Italy too
    Im based in London which makes it even more annoying. Couldn't get any Italy tickets either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Theres Italy tickets available now, just bought 2, there was Cat A and C but A's are now all gone. There were France tickets too but gone now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Finally got around to booking flights for Quarter final weekend....in and out of Cardiff, Friday night to Sunday night for €250. Not too bad when all said and done. (With FlyBe)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tommiejoie

garbanzo wrote: »
    Sorted for two games.
    the idea is to swap if we've the "wrong" QF which I believe is what people usually do in these situations.

Are you planning on just going to Cardiff and doing a swap? I have tickets for a QF and a SF, but like you say, they could be the 'wrong' ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

tommiejoie wrote: »
    Are you planning on just going to Cardiff and doing a swap? I have tickets for a QF and a SF, but like you say, they could be the 'wrong' ones.

Hey tommiejoie

As I say, like you I've a ticket to one QF in Cardiff. Games are 8pm Sat or 2pm Sunday. Whatever game Ireland are in we'll drive over from London the same day.

My buddy in London was at the last RWC in NZ and in his experience once you know how the games pan out the fans tend to find some way of doing swaps. Will be relying on that method at the time. All a bit vague for now I know but these things usually work themselves out in the end.

Booked my flights last month. Over to London on the Friday and back to Dublin on the Monday so I should knock a good long weekend away out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Was originally faced with same dilemma after purchasing a ticket for sunday qf praying we top the group.
    When tickets went on resale got lucky enough to get a ticket for the Saturday qf too. (Had been kicking myself that I hadn't just originally bought for both)
    I'm flying in saturday lunchtime (bristol) and out Monday.
    So now I'm going to both matches irrespective of the line up. (Ideally tho it'll be ireland v scotland sunday, having watched a classic heavyweight slugfest the night b4 between france and NZ!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

kuang1 wrote: »
    Was originally faced with same dilemma after purchasing a ticket for sunday qf praying we top the group.
    When tickets went on resale got lucky enough to get a ticket for the Saturday qf too. (Had been kicking myself that I hadn't just originally bought for both)
    I'm flying in saturday lunchtime (bristol) and out Monday.
    So now I'm going to both matches irrespective of the line up. (Ideally tho it'll be ireland v scotland sunday, having watched a classic heavyweight slugfest the night b4 between france and NZ!)

It won't be Scotland anyway, it'll be someone from Group C regardless, i.e., NZ, Argentina, Georgia, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Italy and France Tickets up again

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

£315 for Cat A for England vs Fiji. :pac:

Are they actually going to fill Wembley for Ireland vs Romania at those prices?!

Edit: These were the prices for 2011 btw http://static.stuff.co.nz/files/rugby-world-cup-ticket-prices.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Are they actually going to fill Wembley for Ireland vs Romania at those prices?!

From looking at that, the knock out stage prices for this years competition are comparable to the 2011 prices but they have seriously hiked up the prices for the group stage games.

Like you could get a top price Cat A ticket for Ireland v USA or Ireland v Russia for £47.50 in 2011 and cheapest Cat D ticket for Ireland v Canada or Ireland v Romania is £50. Something's not right there.

I'd say for the Canada and Romania games will be 3/4s full at a push considering the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Finally got around to booking flight to cardiff for qf weekend. Going for the week Wed-Wed and staying with cousin in cardiff. Flights only cost e67 and with free accomodation and tickets already got all i need for week is spending money :) Love how this is shaping up

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭otterj

Anybody know of a place where I could leave luggage around Cardiff ? im staying in Swansea the Saturday and Sunday but my flight leaves early Monday morning, I was thinking about going straight to the Airport Sunday night instead but there doesn't seem to be any left luggage facilities in Cardiff

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

A hotel should be able to help you out, it may or may not charge a fee, but I'm sure it will be so busy they probably won't ask if your staying in the hotel.

I posted a ticket for resale a few weeks back for the France - Canada game but the ticket never sold. Odd thing is when I look at available tickets, there are no tickets available for that game. So not sure why my ticket is not showing up to buyers. Anyone having similar issues?

I'm after withdrawing it and reposting the ticket for resale so waiting for it to be released now.

• Advertisement

tvercetti wrote: »
    I posted a ticket for resale a few weeks back for the France - Canada game but the ticket never sold. Odd thing is when I look at available tickets, there are no tickets available for that game. So not sure why my ticket is not showing up to buyers. Anyone having similar issues?

I'm after withdrawing it and reposting the ticket for resale so waiting for it to be released now.

Its up for resale again now but the system is still showing no Cat B tickets available for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Edit: These were the prices for 2011 btw http://static.stuff.co.nz/files/rugby-world-cup-ticket-prices.pdf

I know. I'm bringing my daughter to that game. 100 sterling for the two of us. It's a disgrace. Can't imagine Wembley will be even half full. I love the sport but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth being effectively gouged like this. France 2007 was great. Made two games and apart from the results (v France and v Argentina) it was brilliant and had the bonus of being affordable. This on the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Just booked 2 nights in Swansea for the Ireland France game! 500 total for 2 rooms between 4 people so not too bad! Now to book the transport. I'm thinking Rosslare to Fishgaurd is the best option.

Many people staying in Swansea? Hopefully there will be plenty of Irish there on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Tickets for France (CAT B) and the QF CAT C up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I could only get 1 ticket into my basket... anyone have better luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭cp

Lads, any idea when we actually get our tickets? Can't see a thing on the website..

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

cp wrote: »
    Lads, any idea when we actually get our tickets? Can't see a thing on the website..

In the faq it says they will be dispatched in summer 2015 and that they will contact us closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Load of tickets came up about half an hour ago. I got 2 for the Italy game. Best way to get tickets is to be online every morning from 9am and keep f5 ing. If you have a job that lets you get away with that!!!

The confirmation email says re postage:

"Your tickets will be sent by registered mail after 1 July 2015. A Royal Mail / DHL tracking number will be emailed to you once they are on their way"

Finally got my Italy ticket. That is me sorted for all matches now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭millhousegirl

Lots of tickets for sale this morning people.

Advertisement