Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

On one computer above the circle it tells me
    "please do not refresh as you will loose you place in the queue"

On the other computer I am trying it on it does not have that message.

Been in queue since 9.30. Why da fook would they announce the extra tickets going on sale...and create mayhem. For the last week they have been popping them up occasionally and they were being bought with no delay.

No CAT C or D for the first QF in Cardiff...twill be a stretch to get Cat B's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/73459

2pm update

AB for france game
    ABC for Italy game

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

A & B ticket prices for the France game are a bit too much for me.

Ascii wrote: »
    Been in queue since 9.30. Why da fook would they announce the extra tickets going on sale...and create mayhem. For the last week they have been popping them up occasionally and they were being bought with no delay.

you would think they would be able to drip feed/put them on different systems to lessen the nonsense. the circle moves slowly for me then when it gets to the end I get a grey screen saying timed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

aimee1 wrote: »
    http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/73459

2pm update

AB for france game
    ABC for Italy game

No C tickets for Italy 30 minutes ago.

That list is obviously manually updated and not reflective of the true situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The whole thing is a farce. I never even got past the f-ing circle. And then to charge a fortune for tickets and €21 postage is criminal. What are they posting it in, a solid gold envelope?

Seriously, they can f**k right off.

techdiver wrote: »
    No C tickets for Italy 30 minutes ago.

That list is obviously manually updated and not reflective of the true situation.

updated 5 minutes ago with that info. its just a report run and posted, seems to be upto date. Miracle really considering how difficult it is to give them money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Couldn't be bothered with that rubbish. I'll just buy one on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Back to about 20 to on the circle.

woooo.... (kill me)

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Back to about 20 to on the circle.

woooo.... (kill me)

im giving up for now. hopefully wont be as mental later and will pick up tickets for the canada or romania games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Lads if you want tickets for these matches get online between 9-10am most mornings when they release batches of tickets. This is totally unannounced and random. It does mean a lot of checking of the website but it's quick and painless. No circle of doom.

These planned sales are a joke. I was in a queue for 7 hours before giving up last time and swore not to this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭AidanD12

At long last got the QF tickets after half the day trying and weeks of checking. What an absolutely ridiculous queueing system they have. Why don't they just use Ticketmaster for it as they manage to shift millions of tickets without any of this crap.

I used several tabs open at the same time. Kept one static and let it plod along without any refreshes. Refreshed all the others periodically and for some unknown reason one tab would refresh and jump way up the queue to maybe 10% left. No idea whether that circle if reflective of where the queue is at or not but anyway got there in the end. Nearly fell at the final hurdle as the credit card rejected it but thankfully bank phoned straight away and cleared it for me.

Feic I'm wrecked! Now where do I start looking for flights and accomodation ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Finally got in after nearly 5 hours. Only cat A left for France and Italy. Can get 4 tickets for cat D for Canada which I couldn't get before but on the fence about spending the money - need to decide quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭AidanD12

Clearlier wrote: »
    Finally got in after nearly 5 hours. Only cat A left for France and Italy. Can get 4 tickets for cat D for Canada which I couldn't get before but on the fence about spending the money - need to decide quickly!

Go for it lad. It'll be a great experience. If you change you're mind you'll always shift the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Two of us trying and I got no where. Other lad got in and managed to buy the required tickets in CAT C for the two quarters....do not give up :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

finbarrk wrote: »
    Couldn't be bothered with that rubbish. I'll just buy one on the day.

The old traditional!

Gwan Munster!

AidanD12 wrote: »
    Go for it lad. It'll be a great experience. If you change you're mind you'll always shift the tickets.

I did do it in the end.

We already have tickets for the Romania game with my brother and his son. This was a question of whether to bring my wife and two boys. The eldest was actually at the Ireland v Georgia game in 2007 as a 6 month old - here's hoping for a better match this time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just had a rush of blood - picked up 4 for the QF on the Saturday night. Now have 4 for either QF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

What cat on saturday night are left

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

AidanD12 wrote: »
    At long last got the QF tickets after half the day trying and weeks of checking. What an absolutely ridiculous queueing system they have. Why don't they just use Ticketmaster for it as they manage to shift millions of tickets without any of this crap.

I used several tabs open at the same time. Kept one static and let it plod along without any refreshes. Refreshed all the others periodically and for some unknown reason one tab would refresh and jump way up the queue to maybe 10% left. No idea whether that circle if reflective of where the queue is at or not but anyway got there in the end. Nearly fell at the final hurdle as the credit card rejected it but thankfully bank phoned straight away and cleared it for me.

Feic I'm wrecked! Now where do I start looking for flights and accomodation ;-)

Ticketmaster are running the sale of the tickets

• Advertisement

Steven81 wrote: »
    What cat on saturday night are left

A, B and C were left when I checked a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

molloyjh wrote: »
    The whole thing is a farce. I never even got past the f-ing circle. And then to charge a fortune for tickets and €21 postage is criminal. What are they posting it in, a solid gold envelope?

Seriously, they can f**k right off.

They're sending it by DHL anywhere outside the UK. They're charging £5 postage inside the UK and to be fair, I'm happy to pay £5 on an order of tickets worth £1200.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Also, for those of you that get in, you can see your exact seat allocations in "My Orders". My CatC in the Millenium stadium is in section L31 - lower level about the 10 yard line.

cat A only for italy

Cat AB for france game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

cat A only for italy

Cat AB for france game

**** sake

still haven't got past the circle

cat A only for italy

Cat AB for france game

The B category tickets must be pretty limited though because when I went in a few minutes ago and about a half an hour ago there weren't any available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

The B category tickets must be pretty limited though because when I went in a few minutes ago and about a half an hour ago there weren't any available.

How are you getting in so quick

still available

ACD for canada
    ABCD for italy

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chris_c

This is getting beyond a joke now have been sitting at the 5 to position for 1hr 20mins and it has just stopped again

• Advertisement

chris_c wrote: »
    This is getting beyond a joke now have been sitting at the 5 to position for 1hr 20mins and it has just stopped again

stuck at 10to since 2pm

Advertisement