Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

So for anyone going to the Cardiff games, what do people think is the best travel plans?
    Are people staying in Cardiff or travelling up from nearby places?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

TheDoctor wrote: »
    So for anyone going to the Cardiff games, what do people think is the best travel plans?
    Are people staying in Cardiff or travelling up from nearby places?

cardiff has no hotel rooms left unless you are willing to spend a grand, or anywhere near. Day trip it if you can get flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

aimee1 wrote: »
    cardiff has no hotel rooms left unless you are willing to spend a grand, or anywhere near. Day trip it if you can get flights.

Worthwhile including Bristol in your thinking for travelling and possibly staying if needed. It's less than an hour by train to Cardiff and has an airport. If time isn't a big consideration then there are options for train and boat from Dublin and Rosslare as well.

Clearlier wrote: »
    Worthwhile including Bristol in your thinking for travelling and possibly staying if needed. It's less than an hour by train to Cardiff and has an airport. If time isn't a big consideration then there are options for train and boat from Dublin and Rosslare as well.

Thats where I was thinking of looking, has anyone had a look at Bristol yet in terms of accommodation availability/price?

Thats where I was thinking of looking, has anyone had a look at Bristol yet in terms of accommodation availability/price?

lot of decent stuff on offer actually. Especially if you dont hang around in cardiff at all either side of the games there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭almostover

Searching for accommodation for 6 for the Canada game too! Looking bleak at this point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'm booked in to stay in Bristol for the QF weekend. It's not ideal obviously, but it's better than nothing. Bristol is a grand place to go out in anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

nearly all tickets on sale now

Steven81 wrote: »
    nearly all tickets on sale now

all catagory tickets for france game too

tickets for france game snapped up again. AB only left. flights to cardiff/bristol are 500 quid roughly. you need a 3 day trip to get that down to 100 or else go to birmingham

• Advertisement

Got home today from work logged on and tickets for nearly every game available, spent hours yesterday and got nowhere. There were ABCD for the french game, ABCD for QF saturday night. Got my tickets so all happy to have tickets for both quarter finals and not to be looking on that website again.

Got a Cat B ticket for France game. Will do for the time being. If anything lower comes up in the next few weeks I'll try trade down and put the B back up for sale.

Afraid to look at the bank account.

Got a Cat B ticket for France game. Will do for the time being. If anything lower comes up in the next few weeks I'll try trade down and put the B back up for sale.

Afraid to look at the bank account.

have a cat c for france, will resale if cant organise flights at a reasonable cost

Won't be looking at flights and accomodation until after next pay day!!

Won't be looking at flights and accomodation until after next pay day!!

http://www.abbeytravel.ie/sports/rugby.aspx

Is there any pattern to tickets going up on the site or is it just random?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Is there any pattern to tickets going up on the site or is it just random?

Mad they could have had all categories up again today, even for "sold out" matches.

Yesterday was "all remaining tickets" on sale. Odd system they have, the money grabbing shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

So are all hostels in Cardiff booked out for the QF weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

So are all hostels in Cardiff booked out for the QF weekend?

They've been booked out since last September

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

NoelJ wrote: »
    They've been booked out since last September

Shít. Been looking for hostels in Newport and there's nothing. Kinda fúcked now. Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Shít. Been looking for hostels in Newport and there's nothing. Kinda fúcked now. Any advice?

Bristol. It's as close as you're gonna get.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

Hi Guys

Got 4 tickets for Ireland vs France after 3 hours wait on Thursday, now it's on to getting over there.

I am looking for a bit of advice on the various options I am considering.

1) fly to Birmingham and get train to Bristol and get train on the day
    2) hire camper here and get the boat
    3) hire camper over there

Option 3 cuts out the €600 ish for the ferry so would fly over then instead.

If I go with option 1 does anyone know best places to go to experience the rugby vibe and Craic.

If I go with 2 or 3 do you have any recommendation on places to park up, I looked up Llandaff but looking for your help choosing somewhere that might have something going on.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys

Got 4 tickets for Ireland vs France after 3 hours wait on Thursday, now it's on to getting over there.

I am looking for a bit of advice on the various options I am considering.

1) fly to Birmingham and get train to Bristol and get train on the day
    2) hire camper here and get the boat
    3) hire camper over there

Option 3 cuts out the €600 ish for the ferry so would fly over then instead.

If I go with option 1 does anyone know best places to go to experience the rugby vibe and Craic.

If I go with 2 or 3 do you have any recommendation on places to park up, I looked up Llandaff but looking for your help choosing somewhere that might have something going on.

Thanks in advance.

We are going option 1, flying to birmingham, train to bristol, staying in bristol and bus/train to cardiff. Going for the opening weekend, ireland v canada and wales v uruguay, both in millenium.

Booked that way because it was the cheapest and also because theres no accomodation left in Cardiff. Bristol seems like a nice place from people I have talked to and what Ive read.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tmkly

Got tickets for the Sunday quarter final in Millennium. Bit presumptuous that Ireland will top the group but if not we will swap with Saturday people! 10 of us travelling. We had booked our ferry months ago even with accommodation booked out everywhere.

We are planning to camp in a tent for 4 nights in Cardiff Harlequins RFC who do a camping service for big games like these. They did for Heineken cup finals that were in the Millennium before. However as time ticks on we are looking at renting a camper van when we get off the ferry and wondering are they many doing the same?

Camping in a welsh field in the middle of October isn't exactly the ideal holiday but sure it will still be almighty craic regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Category A tickets available for the France game ATM.

£250!! Good one.

Have a Cat B £175 for that game - as soon as I can get a C or D I'll be trading down!

Currently I have 3 tickets:

Ireland V France - Cat B
    Win D V RU C - Cat C
    Win C v RU D - Cat C

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

vienne86 wrote: »
    Category A tickets available for the France game ATM.

I'd like to remind everyone that your favourite mod, yours truly, just had a significant birthday and didn't receive a collective pressie from the posters here.

Just sayin'....

.ak wrote: »
    I'd like to remind everyone that your favourite mod, yours truly, just had a significant birthday and didn't receive a collective pressie from the posters here.

Just sayin'....

Any spare tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

@tmkly

Just remember it will be October and you could get any weather, tent may not be a good idea. By the way I booked a camper into Llandaff RFC today but I don't think they take tents. We are flying in to LUTON, picking up a four berth camper and driving across. If you are travelling by boat you could do similar if you google it you will find lower cost van every thing from the hippy style to a small car van to the larger type. It would be worth looking into if you have a few to split the costs as you will be in Cardiff rather than getting say Bristol and missing out on the WRC vibe

• Advertisement

@tmkly
    If you are travelling by boat you could do similar if you google it you will find lower cost van every thing from the hippy style to a small car van to the larger type. It would be worth looking into if you have a few to split the costs as you will be in Cardiff rather than getting say Bristol and missing out on the WRC vibe

Id say there will be a decent amount of Irish in Bristol too.
    Anyway, its only five quid away so you only need to be in Bristol to sleep and can spend the day (and half the night) in Cardiff if you want.

Advertisement