Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Shedite27 wrote: »
    How many are ya allowed per game tho? If he already has 3, he cant purchase another 3 until he sold the first ones no?

Good point, maybe sign up for a new account with friends details for the additional tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

What is the most reliable website for accommodation? On booking.com and trivago, i have searched one specific area. On booking.com, it says a hotel is available, trivago says this hotel isn't. Dont want to hand my money over too easily. Any opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

What is the most reliable website for accommodation? On booking.com and trivago, i have searched one specific area. On booking.com, it says a hotel is available, trivago says this hotel isn't. Dont want to hand my money over too easily. Any opinions?

booking is very good in my experience. I booked the wrong night for the romania game in a wembley hotel and they fixed it very quickly over the phone for me and emailed me a confirmation of the correct booking

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

I think some booking websites may "pre-book" rooms to sell onto you, that could explain why one has it and the other hasnt. Both are reliable from my experience, hotelscombined is another one you could try. Its all about getting the best price really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

each book their own quotas

• Advertisement

I've been using booking.com and i think they want me to have a mental breakdown. I have been refreshing numerous hotels all day and every time i turn off my laptop or go onto a different website for more than 30 minutes, someone cancels their booking and another person swoops into replace them. I've been watching this one hostel in cardiff and it has been taken from me 6 times today. This has been going on for days. I have a feeling booking.com are scamming me.

Last few posts look like a plant for booking.com :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Quick question, I got the automated email asking me to confirm my email address for when they send them out. The thing is in the email it just lists the first line of my address and then Ireland as the address on their system
    When I go into my account however it has my full address down under delivery address. Anyone have the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Quick question, I got the automated email asking me to confirm my email address for when they send them out. The thing is in the email it just lists the first line of my address and then Ireland as the address on their system
    When I go into my account however it has my full address down under delivery address. Anyone have the same issue?
    Yeah same issue for me. But I'm happy enough seeing as my address is correct in "my account".
    Just need someone to buy up the spare ticket I have for the sunday quarter final and all will be golden!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Cheapest way to get to Cardiff for a pool match?? Seems all modes of transport are full and ridiculously priced now. Any sneeky suggestions.
    How long to sail a small boat from Dublin to Cardiff :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

MRTULES wrote: »
    Cheapest way to get to Cardiff for a pool match?? Seems all modes of transport are full and ridiculously priced now. Any sneeky suggestions.

We are flying to Birmingham, getting train to Bristol and staying in Bristol for the opening weekend of matches in Cardiff. Train/bus in and out of Cardiff morning and evening, about 40 mins away. Less than half the price of going straight to Cardiff and staying there.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

DGRulz wrote: »
    Just posted 3 Cat D tickets for the W Pool D v RU Pool C QF, they should be up soon. Hate selling them but people bailed on me :/

Where are people putting tickets up for sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Where are people putting tickets up for sale?

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com

official website, you can put tickets up for resale

MRTULES wrote: »

SailRail is the cheapest. It's not fun though!

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable#Journey/DUBLIN%20PORT%20(IRISH%20FERRIES)/CARDIFF%20CENTRAL/22/08/15/08/30/Dep//////Dep/1/0//

Dublin Port -> Cardiff Central.

Ferry & Train ticket for £42 (8 hours total travel :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Lots of tickets for every game, a-d for France game, a-c for Italy.a-d for both qfs in millenium stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Steven81 wrote: »
    Lots of tickets for every game, a-d for France game, a-c for Italy.a-d for both qfs in millenium stadium.

I need to stick a reminder in my calendar. Down to A-C for France and A-B for Italy and can't get 4 tickets for level C against France.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Monday morning the last two weeks a large amount of tickets seem to have become available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Still on the lookout for accommodation in Cardiff. I am flying in Friday morning and back Sunday night. So far only have accommodation for the Friday night. I have been pinning my hopes on someone putting a room up on airbnb. I have checked every day but not much is left except for pricey apartments.

Would bristol be the next best thing? Would there be somewhere in Cardiff to store my luggage all day Sunday before I head for my flight I wonder?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

What weekend? I think at this stage Cardiff is a no go unless you look into camping in a rugby ground or something. Bristol is an hour away by bus - not ideal but what I'm doing anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Podge_irl wrote: »
    What weekend? I think at this stage Cardiff is a no go unless you look into camping in a rugby ground or something. Bristol is an hour away by bus - not ideal but what I'm doing anyway.

Sorry it's the QF weekend. I am definitely going to pack very light. Maybe I will sleep rough!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Yeah you're not getting accommodation in a building in Cardiff that weekend. You might well be able to camp but if look into options now. Bristol is good but doesn't leave a lot of options if you wanna go out in Cardiff that night. Bout 100 quid in a taxi if you miss the last bus. But I'd say there will be a fair few buses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Monday morning the last two weeks a large amount of tickets seem to have become available

Stupid me, not watching this thread yesterday! May check again next Monday so!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TrinaCon

I'm staying in Bristol for the Ireland v Canada game. Booked the "Rock n Bowl" hostel, it's a few minutes walk to Bristol Temple Meads and the train then from there to Cardiff. Tried getting tickets for Ire. Vs France but no joy :(

My main problem now is, it looks like I'm going to be living in London (tooting area) and I can't seem to find a way to Bristol for that weekend Sept 18th - Sept 20th. All flight prices are extortionate at the minute and I've checked with Megabus but their website won't let me do anything.....anyone have any idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

TrinaCon wrote: »
    I've checked with Megabus but their website won't let me do anything.....anyone have any idea??

Looks like the Megabus only lets you book 12 weeks in advance hence nothing coming up for Sep18-20th. But these dates should be available in 7 days time. So hold fire until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

I'm staying in Bristol for the Ireland v Canada game. Booked the "Rock n Bowl" hostel, it's a few minutes walk to Bristol Temple Meads and the train then from there to Cardiff. Tried getting tickets for Ire. Vs France but no joy :(

My main problem now is, it looks like I'm going to be living in London (tooting area) and I can't seem to find a way to Bristol for that weekend Sept 18th - Sept 20th. All flight prices are extortionate at the minute and I've checked with Megabus but their website won't let me do anything.....anyone have any idea??

Train/driving/other bus companies/lift share schemes. The only challenge you have is working out which one to choose. Google is your friend here.

Looks like the Megabus only lets you book 12 weeks in advance hence nothing coming up for Sep18-20th. But these dates should be available in 7 days time. So hold fire until then.

Cheers Armani, don't wanna book anything in a mad panic as I might have to travel back to Ireland that weekend, depending on how well Mayo do in the GAA ;) at the same time I'm conscious of prices going up and up. Have you any idea which station would be closest to Tooting area for the Megabus, my geography of England is dismal if I'm being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Have you any idea which station would be closest to Tooting area for the Megabus, my geography of England is dismal if I'm being honest.

Victoria coach station probably the closest. Two tubes - Northern line to Stockwell then switch to Victoria line, and it's a few minutes walk from Victoria train station.

Victoria coach station probably the closest. Two tubes - Northern line to Stockwell then switch to Victoria line, and it's a few minutes walk from Victoria train station.

Thanks for that, much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Cheers Armani, don't wanna book anything in a mad panic as I might have to travel back to Ireland that weekend, depending on how well Mayo do in the GAA ;) at the same time I'm conscious of prices going up and up. Have you any idea which station would be closest to Tooting area for the Megabus, my geography of England is dismal if I'm being honest.

They go from Victoria Train Station coach park - you'd be best to pick it up there rather than have to stress about getting it an intermediate stop. Victoria is really really easy to get to from anywhere in London on the underground so don't panic there.
    Megabus are selling up to the 14thSep now so 20thSep should be available next Wednesday so check back in next week. I suspect you will be able to £20 return handily enough, I don't think the rugby match is going to add huge demand to that bus route. Good luck.

Advertisement