Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TrinaCon

They go from Victoria Train Station coach park - you'd be best to pick it up there rather than have to stress about getting it an intermediate stop. Victoria is really really easy to get to from anywhere in London on the underground so don't panic there.
    Megabus are selling up to the 14thSep now so 20thSep should be available next Wednesday so check back in next week. I suspect you will be able to £20 return handily enough, I don't think the rugby match is going to add huge demand to that bus route. Good luck.

That's great, I'm only moving over the first week of Sept for Uni, so that puts me at ease a bit now. We were going as a group of 4 but now that I'm moving I'll be going solo and meeting the rest in Bristol! All worth it to get to the RWC even if it's just for a Canada game. Now if only finding Ire v France tickets were so easy! Thanks again for the info, I wouldn't have a clue otherwise, I'd probably end up in Glasgow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

What price are people paying for hotels in Cardiff for the Canada game. Managed to book a double room for the Friday and Saturday night for 240 sterling. Think it must have been a mistake on the system just hope it's there when we turn up

coco1981 wrote: »
    What price are people paying for hotels in Cardiff for the Canada game. Managed to book a double room for the Friday and Saturday night for 240 sterling. Think it must have been a mistake on the system just hope it's there when we turn up

That's pretty decent! We couldn't get accommodation in Cardiff but found a hostel for £188 in total for 2 nights for four people. I'm guessing if you've your booking made and your reference number then they can't refuse you a room! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

TrinaCon wrote: »
    That's pretty decent! We couldn't get accommodation in Cardiff but found a hostel for £188 in total for 2 nights for four people. I'm guessing if you've your booking made and your reference number then they can't refuse you a room! :)

Ya I got confirmation email and booking number so should be fine. Just seems out of line with what other hotels are charging so that's why I am a bit wary. It's a premier Inn so should be fine

coco1981 wrote: »
    Ya I got confirmation email and booking number so should be fine. Just seems out of line with what other hotels are charging so that's why I am a bit wary. It's a premier Inn so should be fine

Maybe you just got lucky!! We booked fairly late so wasn't expecting to get anything in Cardiff but the train is only cheap and just an hour trip so I'm not complaining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

The trophy tour is in the Tesco in Merrion on June the 23rd from 8am. Looks like they are giving away a hospitality package to the France game on the day. Has anyone been to one of these before how long is the que likely to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

I am flying into London for all the games and trying to sort out transport to and from Cardiff. At the minute there is only two of us and we are leaning toward renting a car and driving. In most cases just a 24 hour rental. If we do, we will probably have space for two people. It also will probably work out the cheapest and hassle free option with getting after match atmosphere and getting back in time for return flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

I'll be doing the same. I found this site earlier for parking if it's any use to you: http://www.ncp.co.uk/parking-solutions/venues/millennium-stadium

Maybe someone knows of a better one?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

I'll be doing the same. I found this site earlier for parking if it's any use to you: http://www.ncp.co.uk/parking-solutions/venues/millennium-stadium

Maybe someone knows of a better one?

Thanks for that. it was next on my list of things to check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

We're going flying to Birmingham and staying in Newport for 3 nights for the Canada match. Newport only 15 minutes on the train from Cardiff. Anyone else staying in Newport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Staying in Caerphilly for the QFs in Cardiff, booked it on the 1st November for 140 pounds for both the sat and sunday night, Its 12km away from Cardiff, remember that day looking and all bookings on the first page of accomodation were being booked up big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Steven81 wrote: »
    Staying in Caerphilly for the QFs in Cardiff, booked it on the 1st November for 140 pounds for both the sat and sunday night, Its 12km away from Cardiff, remember that day looking and all bookings on the first page of accomodation were being booked up big time.
    We're in a similar boat, by the Maenllwyd Inn in Rudry.

Do ya reckon taxis out there will be available at night? My fear is that we'll be stuck with no way back to accomodation at 2am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Shedite27 wrote: »
    We're in a similar boat, by the Maenllwyd Inn in Rudry.

Do ya reckon taxis out there will be available at night? My fear is that we'll be stuck with no way back to accomodation at 2am.

There is a train station in Caerphilly, havent been to Cardiff before so cant say but judging from the amount of people in Cardiff taxis know they might get a nice fair by going a good distance. Also they should learn as the tournament progress on how to get the people out of an area.

Just looked last train is 23:16 to 23:35 and then about 10.06 on the sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Local_Chap wrote: »
    We're going flying to Birmingham and staying in Newport for 3 nights for the Canada match. Newport only 15 minutes on the train from Cardiff. Anyone else staying in Newport?

Staying in Neath, it's 50 minutes on the train apparently but I have a mate in Port Talbot and they said the hotel is right next to the station and very easy to get in and out to Cardiff from.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

I am flying into London for all the games and trying to sort out transport to and from Cardiff. At the minute there is only two of us and we are leaning toward renting a car and driving. In most cases just a 24 hour rental. If we do, we will probably have space for two people. It also will probably work out the cheapest and hassle free option with getting after match atmosphere and getting back in time for return flights.

There's a group of 8 or 9 of us that live in London going down with the minarets supporter's club, I booked it about two months ago, 35 quid a head for non members for a return bus. When I spoke to Jay (he runs the service) he said they were going to run as many buses as there was demand, not sure if this is still the case. There are toilets on the bus and should be stopping half way to stretch legs, I think the buses are returning from 1 hour after the matches are over, we thought it would be a decent way to go so we get super psyched up on the way to the match with all the banter of a bus trip

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Local_Chap wrote: »

We are flying to Birmingham too but staying in Bristol. Ye flying out from Shannon or where? Got Snn-Bhx for €90 return with aer lingus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/other-rugby/ruddock-flies-home-for-expert-advice-31313719.html

second half of article says 30000 more tickets go on sale this week

aimee1 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/other-rugby/ruddock-flies-home-for-expert-advice-31313719.html
    second half of article says 30000 more tickets go on sale this week

Nothing for Irish to get excited about according to the site

Only new tickets going onside on 25th are...
    • Opening Ceremony and England v Fiji at Twickenham Stadium, Friday, 18 September, 20:00*
    • Australia v Wales at Twickenham Stadium, Saturday, 10 October, 16:45*
    • France v Italy at Twickenham Stadium, Saturday, 19 September, 20:00*
    • QF1: Winner Pool B v Runner-up Pool A at Twickenham Stadium, Saturday, 17 October, 16:00*
    • QF4: Winner Pool A v Runner-up Pool B at Twickenham Stadium, Sunday, 18 October, 16:00*

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Andy Lee just announced his world title defence in Thomond Park on the 19th September.

I live in Limerick and I'm in Cardiff for the opening RWC weekend.

Well ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Nothing for Irish to get excited about according to the site

Only new tickets going onside on 25th are...
    • Opening Ceremony and England v Fiji at Twickenham Stadium, Friday, 18 September, 20:00*
    • Australia v Wales at Twickenham Stadium, Saturday, 10 October, 16:45*
    • France v Italy at Twickenham Stadium, Saturday, 19 September, 20:00*
    • QF1: Winner Pool B v Runner-up Pool A at Twickenham Stadium, Saturday, 17 October, 16:00*
    • QF4: Winner Pool A v Runner-up Pool B at Twickenham Stadium, Sunday, 18 October, 16:00*

they are high profile games, im sure there will be tickets for lesser games available too. I dont know why they dont just put them on sale and be done with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Right now all catagories available for both Canada and Romania games.
    Category A and B available for France game. (It says cat D for france game too but they won't get into my basket!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

Category A and B available for France game. (It says cat D for france game too but they won't get into my basket!)

Why are tickets for the Italy game so scarce? I thought the Olympic Stadium was a decent capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Cat d now showing as unavailable for French game again! A & B still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Cat d now showing as unavailable for French game again! A & B still there.

Sorry guys I was randomly refreshing and CAT D popped up for me, managed to pick up two.

Will be putting my CAT B's back up, anyone know how long the turn around is? From putting them back up to sell and being available?

They are sitting together half way line near the back of stadium, would be happy to release at a time where boardsies get a chance to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Will be putting my CAT B's back up, anyone know how long the turn around is? From putting them back up to sell and being available?

They are sitting together half way line near the back of stadium, would be happy to release at a time where boardsies get a chance to buy.

I've put these back up, takes 72 hours, so checking each morning about 10am might work.
    will be released for general sale at 10:00 BST on Tuesday March 31.

Update from RWC themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

We are flying to Birmingham too but staying in Bristol. Ye flying out from Shannon or where? Got Snn-Bhx for €90 return with aer lingus.

Flying out of Dublin. Got the return flights for €20. Flying out Thursday and back the Monday

nc6000 wrote: »
    Why are tickets for the Italy game so scarce? I thought the Olympic Stadium was a decent capacity.
    50k, similar to Aviva, in a city with a lot of expats. Suppose it's one of the handier ones to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

The circle of doom is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

50k, similar to Aviva, in a city with a lot of expats. Suppose it's one of the handier ones to get to.

So will we also fill Wembley for the Romania game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

nc6000 wrote: »
    So will we also fill Wembley for the Romania game?

Doubt it. Top tiers will be full, but can't see the Cat As and Bs sell out.

Advertisement