Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The Italy game really fits the bill for a lot of people - 1) Everyone has someone to crash with for a few nights in London (you don't see questions about cheap hotels or campsites like with Cardiff for the French game), 2) so many airports in and out that you can always get a cheap flight, 3) the game itself is on paper reasonably competitive (they beat us in the 6N recently enough) and 4) a weekend in London is an easy sell for non rugby loving spouses.

The Romania game misses out on point 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Don't forget point 5) Higher demand from the opposition. There's a lot of Italians in London, and a lot more where points 1-4 apply equally to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Anyone getting involved in the ticket sale this morning?
    From what I understood there was nothing hugely interesting from an Irish perspective involving these 30,000 tickets on sale today...is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Am in now and nothing of any interest, A-D for Canada, A-C for Romania, no Italy or France tickets. For England they have a few Cat A FOR Fiji and Uruguay but main one would be QF1 and QF4 tickets for A and B categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

T3) the game itself is on paper reasonably competitive (they beat us in the 6N recently enough)

The Romania game misses out on point 3.

Good points but I was at the Italy game in February and they were far from competitive. They were lucky to get 3 points. :)

• Advertisement

nc6000 wrote: »
    Good points but I was at the Italy game in February and they were far from competitive. They were lucky to get 3 points. :)

Did you leave before the end? seem to remember a disallowed try in the last minute due to a fingertip knock on from Parisse.

Think he meant comparatively competitive. Much rather see Ireland play Italy in a RWC than Romania/Canada. It's also a game that should guarantee us a QF spot.

Think he meant comparatively competitive. Much rather see Ireland play Italy in a RWC than Romania/Canada. It's also a game that should guarantee us a QF spot.

I'll be shot for saying this I know but...

Ireland 32 Namibia 17...

Ireland 14 Georgia 10...

I'm going to the Canada game and am hoping for nothing even approaching competitive from it!
    We should be putting 60 points on teams like Canada and Romania in this day and age. Christ even 80 points.
    Historically we have never annihilated teams. I for one think it's time we started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

Did you leave before the end? seem to remember a disallowed try in the last minute due to a fingertip knock on from Parisse.

I was in my seat until the end and I remember that alright. Even if the try was awarded it would only have been a consolation. Italy didn't pose much of a threat at all and we beat them handy enough. I was expecting much more of a performance from Italy especially as it was the first game. Normally they struggle later in the tournament after they pick up a few injuries and don't have the squad depth to cover.

I'll be shot for saying this I know but...

Ireland 32 Namibia 17...

Ireland 14 Georgia 10...

I'm going to the Canada game and am hoping for nothing even approaching competitive from it!
    We should be putting 60 points on teams like Canada and Romania in this day and age. Christ even 80 points.
    Historically we have never annihilated teams. I for one think it's time we started.

Completely agree. I was at the Namibia game and it's one of the reasons I'm not going to the Romania game, despite living 10 minutes from Wembley. We'll either struggle and it won't be fun, or we'll have a facile victory. Either way, it's not worth £50. Fair enough if they're the only tickets you can get, but otherwise no thank you.

Completely agree. I was at the Namibia game and it's one of the reasons I'm not going to the Romania game, despite living 10 minutes from Wembley. We'll either struggle and it won't be fun, or we'll have a facile victory. Either way, it's not worth £50. Fair enough if they're the only tickets you can get, but otherwise no thank you.
    Am going to all cardiff matches due to less driving in my campervan than london matches!
    You're right about the £50. Millenium stadium won't look well when it's only half full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

nc6000 wrote: »
    I was in my seat until the end and I remember that alright. Even if the try was awarded it would only have been a consolation. Italy didn't pose much of a threat at all and we beat them handy enough. I was expecting much more of a performance from Italy especially as it was the first game. Normally they struggle later in the tournament after they pick up a few injuries and don't have the squad depth to cover.

OT: but if the try had been awarded, we would have lost the 6 nations in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭AidanD12

Guys, just for those still looking accommodation keep an eye on AirBnB. Some other user put up that tip last week and a couple of days ago I managed to get a B&B 20 mins walk from the millennium for the QF weekend. Literally couldn't believe it as there seemed to be nothing available around. Locals are obviously are catching on to the idea and renting spare rooms so hopefully more will come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Tickets for nearly every single match up there now, including all of Ireland's games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nice one, picked up some category D tickets for the Sunday QF. Now just need to offload my Category C tickets. Can I do this privately or do you have to use their online system?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Where are you buying them, ticketmaster?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Off the official ticket website

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Hi guys. Myself and the girlfriend are heading over to the world cup and we had originally planned to get the boat over and go and see NZ v Tonga and Samoa v Scotland in Newcastle before heading down to Cardiff to see Ireland play France. A bit of a drive, I know, but it's the world cup!
    Anyway, now we have managed to get cheap tickets for the Australia v Wales game in London and we are not sure which would be the best to do. Go to Newcastle for the two games or to go to Twickenham to see the Australia, Wales clash.
    Any advice guys on which would most likely be the best craic?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Depends somewhat on your definition of craic. Australia - Wales will be the best game but you'll definitely have a great time in Newcastle with all the PI and Scottish fans. While the world cup will likely be different, you can very easily get swallowed up in London once you leave the Richmond/Twickenham area.

To be honest, you can't really go wrong no matter what you pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'd be inclined to go for the Newcastle option, its a fairly unique event really.
    Should be great fun there on the Friday and Saturday nights.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Aus v Wales should be a great game as it really is the group of death. Me personally that's where is go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Podge_irl wrote: »
    While the world cup will likely be different, you can very easily get swallowed up in London once you leave the Richmond/Twickenham area.

The Olympics was totally swallowed up in 2012 here in London. You honestly wouldn't know it was on away from the venues.

The vast majority of people here don't care about rugby. It's very much a SW London thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Cat B tickets available for the game against France. It tells me that there are Cat C tickets too but I can't add any to my basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Booked the Rosslare-Fishgaurd ferry there. Staying in Swansea for the Ireland France game. Anybody know will it be hard to get to cardiff from Swansea on game day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

andymx11 wrote: »
    Booked the Rosslare-Fishgaurd ferry there. Staying in Swansea for the Ireland France game. Anybody know will it be hard to get to cardiff from Swansea on game day?

I'm doing the same. Regular and fairly late trains to and from Cardiff. Look on thetrainline.com, I've already booked mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

I've got tickets for both quarter finals in Cardiff on Oct 17/18th.

Staying in Cardiff obviously isn't an option so I'm between Bristol & Cheltneham. Getting the ferry over so will have the car (there's 4 of us).

It seems to be much of a much in terms of staying in either Bristol or Cheltneham. Both appear to be an hour or so on the train.

Can anyone advise on which option would be preferable?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Bristol. Mostly cause I'm there and I don't want to think there was a better option.

But seriously, Bristol will be a much better night out when you inevitably end up back there.

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've got tickets for both quarter finals in Cardiff on Oct 17/18th.

Staying in Cardiff obviously isn't an option so I'm between Bristol & Cheltneham. Getting the ferry over so will have the car (there's 4 of us).

It seems to be much of a much in terms of staying in either Bristol or Cheltneham. Both appear to be an hour or so on the train.

Can anyone advise on which option would be preferable?

Bristol.

Or Bath? (Bath is lovely)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Cheers lads....just booked an apartment in Bristol on Airbnb. €150 between 4 of us ...sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

jamieh wrote: »
    Cheers lads....just booked an apartment in Bristol on Airbnb. €150 between 4 of us ...sorted :)

€150 each or in total?!?! :confused: Robbery if it's under 40 each!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Lots of tickets up at the moment lads

Advertisement