Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Right I'm going to bring my dad over to the Romania game for his 60th, should I book them in advance or pick up two (of the thousands that are likely to floating about) on the day?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

If you're definitely going I fail to see why you wouldn't just pick them up now. I'm sure you'd get some easy enough on the day but why add the hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Podge_irl wrote: »
    If you're definitely going I fail to see why you wouldn't just pick them up now. I'm sure you'd get some easy enough on the day but why add the hassle?

The price mainly is what is leading me to think picking one up on the day may be better

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

P_1 wrote: »
    The price mainly is what is leading me to think picking one up on the day may be better

For me personally, I want to go to the game, so I am not going to risk not getting a ticket. Plus not to mention the hassle.

Will also be interesting to see how active they will be on touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Loads of tickets up now boyos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

has anyone here booked anything on Airbnb?

I keep getting to the part where I entered my details and hit request to book, then I hit it and nothing happens?

Should I be getting a next step?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

TheDoctor wrote: »
    has anyone here booked anything on Airbnb?

I keep getting to the part where I entered my details and hit request to book, then I hit it and nothing happens?

Should I be getting a next step?

The way AirBnB works is that it sends a request to the owner. They can then accept or reject. It depends then on whether they want you staying there. I know a friend of mine trying to book 6 guys into an AirBnB and got rejected several times (because who wants their place taken over by 6 men during a rugby weekend).

Do you get a message or anything to say your request is sent? I click the request to book button and that's it. Seems like I should get some notification its sent or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Do you get a message or anything to say your request is sent? I click the request to book button and that's it. Seems like I should get some notification its sent or something

Just a thought doc...if you're doing it from your smartphone it might just need to be closed and reopened. Or uninstalled and reinstalled.

I've had a similar recent dilemma with the RWC ticket website. I was hitting 'login' and was getting a non-response. Closed chrome and reopened it and sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Im just wondering does anyone reckon there will be more Cat C or D tickets put up for sale for the Ireland Romania game? I put up my two cat C tickets for resale because there's three of us going now, I naively thought that there would be more Cat C tickets available because they're always listed, but none available when I try to add them to the basket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Yes, you should get an email saying the request has been sent. As kuang point out there, it could be an issue with the message not sending if you're seeing no response or message.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Im just wondering does anyone reckon there will be more Cat C or D tickets put up for sale for the Ireland Romania game? I put up my two cat C tickets for resale because there's three of us going now, I naively thought that there would be more Cat C tickets available because they're always listed, but none available when I try to add them to the basket.

Not sure TBH. They've started sending tickets out (got a notification that I'm getting mine today), which obviously makes it a bit harder for people to resell them so they'll end up back on the website. just check once a day and cross your fingers. I've only ever seen them in dribs and drabs so I'd take separate tickets if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Can you still use the resale portal once the tickets have been posted out to you? And in that situation do you need to post back tickets you resell or do they just print new ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Can you still use the resale portal once the tickets have been posted out to you? And in that situation do you need to post back tickets you resell or do they just print new ones?

You can still use the resale portal after the tickets have been posted to you but you need to post them back to England Rugby to get your refund. This PDF talks about that

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/gpctp/site/assets/TicketResaleProgrammeUserGuide.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

Anyone thinking of bus-ferry-bus to Cardiff for the Canada match: according to the Eurolines website there's only a handful of tickets left.

90 Euro return, could be the best budget option out of Dublin.

Depart Busarus friday 18th Sep 16:30 arr Cardiff sat 03:30
    Depart Cardiff saturday 19th Sep 23:15 arr Busarus sun 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

Late to getting sorted for accommodation in Cardiff for French game, what is the best option at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭otterj

Whats the bset way of booking train tickets from Swansea to Cardiff, Theres a few different websites out there just wondering which is the best one?

otterj wrote: »
    Whats the bset way of booking train tickets from Swansea to Cardiff, Theres a few different websites out there just wondering which is the best one?

I use thetrainline but it does add 75p per ticket as a charge.

You can always use them to search for the best trains, then go direct to the operator's site and get tickets directly from them.

I'm okay with the small charge tbh, but up to yourself!

Finally got airbnb to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭otterj

I use thetrainline but it does add 75p per ticket as a charge.

You can always use them to search for the best trains, then go direct to the operator's site and get tickets directly from them.

I'm okay with the small charge tbh, but up to yourself!

Cheers, Ill be making a few trips to cardiff from swansea over the 3 days . Is there a flexi card you can buy fro numerous trips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

We're in section L39 for the Ireland France game- anybody been close to this section before? I have never been a fan of sitting behind a try line but this seems to be more to the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Not sure TBH. They've started sending tickets out (got a notification that I'm getting mine today), which obviously makes it a bit harder for people to resell them so they'll end up back on the website. just check once a day and cross your fingers. I've only ever seen them in dribs and drabs so I'd take separate tickets if I were you.

I managed to get some there, there's Cat C and D tickets up for the Romania game for whoever's interested. Also for the France game and winner pool d quarter final

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Anyone thinking of bus-ferry-bus to Cardiff for the Canada match: according to the Eurolines website there's only a handful of tickets left.

90 Euro return, could be the best budget option out of Dublin.

Depart Busarus friday 18th Sep 16:30 arr Cardiff sat 03:30
    Depart Cardiff saturday 19th Sep 23:15 arr Busarus sun 12:00

I was looking at the same for France match. Any ideas where to catch a few winks in Cardiff. I'm thinking park bench but October weather means indoors. I'm thinking a nice museum or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 drunkcone

Struggling with flights home from Cardiff after the French game due to the crazy costs (€260pp). Willing to swap tickets to QF in Cardiff following Sunday or Cash ~€180-200 for tickets on the late Cardiff-Dublin flights. PM me if interested.Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

drunkcone wrote: »
    Struggling with flights home from Cardiff after the French game due to the crazy costs (€260pp). Willing to swap tickets to QF in Cardiff following Sunday or Cash ~€180-200 for tickets on the late Cardiff-Dublin flights. PM me if interested.Cheers

Does it not cost to change flight names?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

MRTULES wrote: »
    I was looking at the same for France match. Any ideas where to catch a few winks in Cardiff. I'm thinking park bench but October weather means indoors. I'm thinking a nice museum or the likes.

Given the arrival time, the museums won't be open, and definitely outdoors is out. I'm assuming that it's possible to stay inside the bus station, from e.g. 4AM to 9AM. That may be a false assumption yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 drunkcone

Does it not cost to change flight names?

Good point. Might just offer the tickets so. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

drunkcone wrote: »
    Good point. Might just offer the tickets so. Thanks.

I don't see the big hullabaloo regarding charging €100 or so to change a flight name. The airline have already made their money, surely a name change should be no more than a small admin fee. I have had this bother when booking match flights before. There is always someone else who could make use of them, but it's never worth it due to the fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I don't see the big hullabaloo regarding charging €100 or so to change a flight name. The airline have already made their money, surely a name change should be no more than a small admin fee. I have had this bother when booking match flights before. There is always someone else who could make use of them, but it's never worth it due to the fee.
    Imagine the black market that would exist otherwise. Viagogo buys all the cheap flights when they are released, then resell them to the highest bidder when they want them. Would be madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Just a heads up the train from London is now bookable for the french game.

Advertisement