Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

emc2 wrote: »
    Just a heads up the train from London is now bookable for the french game.

What site are you using to book?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

You can get Super off-peak on the FGW website at the moment. I'm holding out for advance tickets, which should be available in the next few days. If you're flying in so don't know which train you'll make, pick up a super off-peak as it gives you flexibility.

In other news, my QF tickets arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

K3v wrote: »
    What site are you using to book?

thetrainline.com

emc2 wrote: »
    thetrainline.com

Avoid if you can. They charge a fee when the operators don't.

www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Alkers

drunkcone wrote: »
    Struggling with flights home from Cardiff after the French game due to the crazy costs (€260pp). Willing to swap tickets to QF in Cardiff following Sunday or Cash ~€180-200 for tickets on the late Cardiff-Dublin flights. PM me if interested.Cheers
    Can you look about getting the bus and ferry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Train ticket sorted for France match - spicy meatball!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

I apologise if this has been answered a hundred times already. just ordered tickets to the Romania and Canada games. when will i receive them?

They're sending out tickets ordered before 15 June at the moment, so maybe another month or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Looking like I can't make the Romania game, I've got one, possibly two, Category C tickets to it if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

So has anyone been to Newport. Possible accommodation for the QF weekend.
    What is it like travel wise to Cardiff from there. Any info welcome

• Advertisement

also tickets for pretty much all games up at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

And just got email saying all Ireland group games will have tickets on sale on Monday. Cat A,B for Romania and Canada, All 4 Cats for Italy and France. I'm really not sure what they're doing with these ticket sales! They're sold out/on sale every second day!

Wonder will there be empty seats at many of the games we tickets still on sale for all games on a regular basis

Considering the queues to get on the site whenever sales like this take place I doubt it. Demand is still there, and will still be there when the tournament starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

jaytobe wrote: »
    Late to getting sorted for accommodation in Cardiff for French game, what is the best option at this stage?

Just doing a quick bump...anyone got a friend living nearby wanting to rent a room for a respectable couple!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Just doing a quick bump...anyone got a friend living nearby wanting to rent a room for a respectable couple!

Try Airbnb. Try Bristol. We're staying in a hotel in Bristol. Train into Cardiff for £12.50 return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Wonder will there be empty seats at many of the games we tickets still on sale for all games on a regular basis

i dont understand why they just dont put all tickets on sale. its a joke that 2 months out from the tournament and there is tickets on sale sporadically. How are people supposed to travel if they arent sure of tickets to matches

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

crisco10 wrote: »
    I'm really not sure what they're doing with these ticket sales! They're sold out/on sale every second day!
    aimee1 wrote: »
    i dont understand why they just dont put all tickets on sale.
    It's to beat the touts, the bad guys who stock up on tickets in the hope of reselling close to the game, their profit margins go down every time they release more tickets

Also consider staying in London. There's trains running and the Munster Supporters Club are running return coaches, open to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Ok so here's my travel plans finalised:

Ireland v Romania: Flying to London City Airport from Dublin as I got the flights quite cheap through their birthday promotion, staying in South Kensington and going to a concert in the Royal Albert Hall on the Saturday night. There's handy enough connections to the Jubilee there for the match.

Ireland v Italy: Flying to Luton from Waterford. Staying in one of the better hotels on Argyle street in Kings Cross, it's nice and central and I'll have the novelty of getting the high speed train from St Pancras to Stratford International.

Also I haven't finalised accommodation for the warm up game against England so any suggestions are appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

Also consider staying in London. There's trains running and the Munster Supporters Club are running return coaches, open to all.

Yeah, that's the plan now I think even though leaving at 9pm after the match might be a killer.

Train 2.30hrs from Reading and there is very reasonable flights in/out Heathrow.
    Can get Hilton in Reading for £60/night for those interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Just got tickets yesterday for the Italy match. I presume it is easy enough to get out to Stratford.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Muligatawney

vienne86 wrote: »
    Just got tickets yesterday for the Italy match. I presume it is easy enough to get out to Stratford.

Really easy yeah. I live around there now and since 2012 every form of transport you can imagine reaches out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

All of Ireland's games have tickets up now with all categories available. I just got Cat D for the Italy game!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Just got Category D for France game. Still singles available.

Finally downgraded to Cat D for France, money saved!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Bollix, I thought they were going up at 11?

Cat A-D up for all Ireland games still

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Got tickets for Italy game, really wanted tickets for France game but the travel costs to Cardiff at this stage are crazy!!

• Advertisement

Is travel to London much cheaper than Cardiff at this stage?

Advertisement