Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

glack wrote: »
    Got tickets for Italy game, really wanted tickets for France game but the travel costs to Cardiff at this stage are crazy!!

There's still some coach trips over and back with 2 nights accommodation left starting at €269.00 if you don't mind the ferry/bus trip!!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Yes - much cheaper! Flying in and out the same day for €95 so no accommodation needed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Funny enough I picked the Cardiff games because

A. Never been to Cardiff
    B. Thought it would be cheaper than London

Got tickets to the game V France and the two QFs that Group D teams go into.

There's still some coach trips over and back with 2 nights accommodation left starting at €269.00 if you don't mind the ferry/bus trip!!
    Thanks for the suggestion but I'm a teacher so days off work aren't an option! Should've booked the flights/ferry when I first checked months ago but I was afraid I wouln't get the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Got 2 Cat C tickets for France game just now - completely forgot about the sale, so missed out on the Cat D.
    We have the accom and flights organised for quite some time now, just had no tickets, so delighted to finally pick some up - even if it works out at about €200 a ticket :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

cee_jay wrote: »
    Got 2 Cat C tickets for France game just now - completely forgot about the sale, so missed out on the Cat D.
    We have the accom and flights organised for quite some time now, just had no tickets, so delighted to finally pick some up - even if it works out at about €200 a ticket :S

Were you able to get 2 seats together? As far as I can tell they are only selling single tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

No not together, had to purchase one and go back in and purchase another. The tickets we got are on opposite sides of the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

"An error occurred trying to add tickets to your basket."

Everytime for every ticket. What am I doing wrong?

I clicked the link from the Supporters Club email and signed into RWC Tickets and then just this sign for everything (single, Cat A everything).

I think that means that the tickets are in someone elses basket but no purchased yet

Its also good to see the circle of doom back on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm a teacher so days off work aren't an option! Should've booked the flights/ferry when I first checked months ago but I was afraid I wouln't get the tickets.

Hey Glack,
    Would you have a link to any of these type packages?
    Thanks

testtech05 wrote: »
    Hey Glack,
    Would you have a link to any of these type packages?
    Thanks

Is it the coach packages you are looking for links to that I suggested to Glack?, let me know and I'll post a few links if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

Is it the coach packages you are looking for links to that I suggested to Glack?, let me know and I'll post a few links if it is.

Could you post them? I'd be interested.

Could you post them? I'd be interested.
    No problem, here you go - The Wartons one is the cheapest at the minute €269 and is the one I've booked as they have an option to depart from Dublin Port which suits me best, then Barrys Travel €309 were sold out but have put on an extra coach which would suit if you are going from Munster and then also another coach going is the Midlands Travel one €349. There's a single occupancy supplement with them all.

http://www.whartonstravel.com/showavailabletours.php?cat=c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b&scat=e515df0d202ae52fcebb14295743063b

http://www.barrystravel.ie/cgi-bin/tbook2.cgi?etid=16

http://www.midlandtravel.ie/rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭llcoolj14

For anyone still looking to book/trying to save £££, the MRSC London Branch are running day return buses (from London) to all Irish games in Cardiff (August 8th vs Wales/Sept 19th vs Canada and October 11th vs France/+potential Irish 1/4 final weekend of 17/18th October) around the RWC2015.

£30 members/£35 non-members return is good savings over the train prices, with flights into London (and hotels) still normal prices (full details http://www.mrsc.ie/news/20841.php. Staying in Cardiff (or anywhere near it) doesnt look worth it at this stage if your on any sort of budget.

*Bookings are open to ALL Irish fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

I thought that C and D tickets were supposed to go on sale for the Ireland Italy game. Now there is only A... Anyone know what the deal is?

jk86 wrote: »
    I thought that C and D tickets were supposed to go on sale for the Ireland Italy game. Now there is only A... Anyone know what the deal is?

They were on sale earlier - must be all gone for now, but I'm sure more will keep coming up over the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

I'd like to know this also! Website was unusually easy to access.

Tickets were on sale at 9am and not 11am/2pm as different emails from IRFU/World Cup tickets stated. Checked by chance at 9 and got mine then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

All of Ireland's games have tickets up now with all categories available. I just got Cat D for the Italy game!

Thanks for this. I had forgotten that they were going on sale this morning until I saw your post. I managed to pick up tickets for the games against Italy and France.

They've probably sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Tickets were on sale at 9am and not 11am/2pm as different emails from IRFU/World Cup tickets stated. Checked by chance at 9 and got mine then.

Yeah, I heard 2pm from Leinster Fans twitter. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

So frustrated at how they're releasing the tickets, got hardly any in the ballot, either been busy at work or unable to log in when they've released the rest midweek and then didn't even get an email today.

Hopefully there will be more coming, I'll just have to set a reminder to check every day.

Generally at 9am every few days they throw up a wave of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Thanks, have generally checked in the evenings so will get into the habit of having a look every morning when I get in to work so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I was only able to get Cat B so took them - only match I'm going to. Right rip off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

vienne86 wrote: »
    I was only able to get Cat B so took them - only match I'm going to. Right rip off though.

I was the same, but kept trying for cheaper and managed to get CAT D's, 9am-11am is the window, although i picked up my Cat D's ~ 6pm a few weeks back so who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Folks, just a reminder no buying or selling tix allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Romania and Canada Cat D's up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

shanagarry wrote: »
    Thanks, have generally checked in the evenings so will get into the habit of having a look every morning when I get in to work so.

I've got sorted twice because they've released tickets at 3 o clock on a Wednesday, now they haven't always released them at that day/time but they seem to do it more often than not on the particular occasion during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mod - a post has been deleted. Sorry poster, but advertising isn't allowed here.

Advertisement