Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Got tickets to Fiji v Canada Sunday at the Stoop, wouldn't be surprised to see Joe Schmidt and a few Irish faces at that game to run the rule over Canada

The handicap in the bookies is 40 odd points for Ireland v Canada. It's 70 for Wales v Uruguay the next day but it just goes to show the difference in quality. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't cover the h'cap though. Part of it aswell may be trying to avoid "Showing your hand too early", but that said a big win would boost confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

More tickets up again but going fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

shanagarry wrote: »
    More tickets up again but going fast.

Were there any for the final? I wouldn't mind getting a cat C or D for the final but I'm not sure if I have any hope or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Can't seem to get Cat D for NZ - Namibia ever, I'm in London that day so would like to get to see NZ while I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Can't seem to get Cat D for NZ - Namibia ever, I'm in London that day so would like to get to see NZ while I'm there.

They're up there now but only in singles.

• Advertisement

They're up there now but only in singles.

Are you sure? Not finding any for me.

No final tickets by the time I got there. I did get one Cat A the other day though, and a Cat C semi ticket today. I'd say SF and Final will only start to appear when teams start getting knocked out - they're very dear to be going just for the craic so I'd say some will be resold, depending on who makes it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Are you sure? Not finding any for me.

They must have disappear quick, they were there when I checked earlier.

The number of tickets being released is low now - it was top to bottom black when I logged in this morning, and not a lot left now other than what's always available. Lots of luck involved in just happening to check at the correct time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

Just bit the bullet and bought a cat d for the Sunday quarter final in Cardiff.

Just hope they do the business against France!

• Advertisement

What is generally the best time to check? Mornings?

On a side note. Is there any official "ticket swap" system in place?

For example Irish and French people might want to swap quarter final tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

techdiver wrote: »
    On a side note. Is there any official "ticket swap" system in place?

For example Irish and French people might want to swap quarter final tickets.

No nothing official. I think a lot of Irish fans have bought for both QFs seeing as they're on in same venue 17 hours apart. I did.
    But I fully intend to go to both matches regardless of the line ups.

Even though it's only 6 days between french game and the Saturday QF, it's still ample time to find a frenchie who'll swap with you. (Online in chatrooms like this!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

kuang1 wrote: »
    No nothing official. I think a lot of Irish fans have bought for both QFs seeing as they're on in same venue 17 hours apart. I did.
    But I fully intend to go to both matches regardless of the line ups.

Even though it's only 6 days between french game and the Saturday QF, it's still ample time to find a frenchie who'll swap with you. (Online in chatrooms like this!)
    It will also help a lot if your at the ireland v france game. As its the last one a lot of swaps could be done directly after

It will also help a lot if your at the ireland v france game. As its the last one a lot of swaps could be done directly after

That's v true. Or even at the weekend of the QFs. If its france vs NZ friday night, then you're gonna have loads of Irish milling around Cardiff that day and night along with the french and NZ supporters so plenty chances to mingle and swap tickets. Similarly if its ireland v Nz.

I won't be around the other days. (staying in London the weekend of the q/f). Suppose I could put it for resale on the official site.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lydia123

Hi everyone, not sure if there's a thread for this but I have tickets for Ireland v Canada on the 19th in Cardiff and I can't go. I don't want them to go to waste, maybe someone here has heard of people looking for tickets? They are category B tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cavanman97

Any tips for travelling down to Cardiff from London the morning of the quarterfinal (if they top the group)? Would bus or train be the better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

cavanman97 wrote: »
    Any tips for travelling down to Cardiff from London the morning of the quarterfinal (if they top the group)? Would bus or train be the better option?

Either are a good option. Just depends on your budget as the trains can be pretty expensive. We have opted to rent a car and drive from London to Cardiff for all games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

There is also a munster supporters bus traveling up and down on the day from london. 49 quid but can relax and have a few beers and a sing song on the way

http://www.mrsc.ie/news/20267.php

• Advertisement

http://www.thetrainline.com

Return fares £74. About 2.5 hours each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭llcoolj14

techdiver wrote: »
    http://www.thetrainline.com

Return fares £74. About 2.5 hours each way.

youd want to be adding in the significant que time to try get a train back to London out of Cardiff, which can be as long as 2-3hours...and for many,it will be standing room only all the way back to London

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Renting a car in Manchester and driving to Cardiff for the Ireland v France game. Anyone know of good park and ride type facilities on the outskirts of Cardiff that will be operating.

Cheers

llcoolj14 wrote: »
    youd want to be adding in the significant que time to try get a train back to London out of Cardiff, which can be as long as 2-3hours...and for many,it will be standing room only all the way back to London

I think the early kick off will mitigate this somewhat as there will be loads of trains post match.

There will be 10 trains running direct to London after the game over the course of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭llcoolj14

mossy464 wrote: »
    Renting a car in Manchester and driving to Cardiff for the Ireland v France game. Anyone know of good park and ride type facilities on the outskirts of Cardiff that will be operating.

Cheers

lmited park and ride available. You need to pre-book for the RWC here:
    https://cardiff.estparking.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

llcoolj14 wrote: »
    lmited park and ride available. You need to pre-book for the RWC here:
    https://cardiff.estparking.co.uk/

Perfect, just what I was looking for.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

If anyone still has to plan their trip the Rugby World Cup website has a pretty good travel section

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/travel

They also have a journey planner which ain't too bad.

http://journeyplanner.rugbyworldcup.com/#/

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Doing a day trip to the Italy game flying from Standsted. Anyone know the best way to travel too and from the stadium to the airport?

Sneaky feckers released tickets sometime this evening for anyone interested. France and italy matches available.
    (Never saw them release in the evening time before)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

glack wrote: »
    Doing a day trip to the Italy game flying from Standsted. Anyone know the best way to travel too and from the stadium to the airport?

There is a bus that goes from Stansted to Stratford, £6 one way. Was talking to a housemate about it last night because I was moaning about the cost of getting from where I am to stansted for cheap flights home

Advertisement