Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Dempseys Castle Street and O Neills on Marys Street are Irish pubs there of the top of my head that should be showing it

Would Wales's RWC game v Uruguay (on at same time as All Ireland) not get bigscreen/audio priority in a Cardiff pub, even one with an Irish name?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

I'm heading to the Italy game in London and making a weekend of it. Bringing the wife to her first Ireland game but still need to sort accommodation.

London isn't cheap!!

Given that i'm gonna be paying sh**-loads for a hotel anyway, does anyone know where the squad are staying? Might at least try to get a photo with Kearney for her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

nua domhan wrote: »
    I'm heading to the Italy game in London and making a weekend of it. Bringing the wife to her first Ireland game but still need to sort accommodation.

London isn't cheap!!

Given that i'm gonna be paying sh**-loads for a hotel anyway, does anyone know where the squad are staying? Might at least try to get a photo with Kearney for her!

you with kearney or your wife with kearney?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

aimee1 wrote: »
    you with kearney or your wife with kearney?

Hopefully Kearney will take a photo of us! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cassidy2

I have flights for sale, booked for the france match from Dublin to Bristol Friday 9 19.40 arrived back to Dublin on Monday around 4.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 65 ✭✭Trabejo

Jaysus...... different strokes and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 23 maryd26

More tickets up...

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭llcoolj14

London isn't cheap!!

After the Romania match, they train at Surrey Sports Park training grounds and stay in the Raddisson Blu Hotel in Guilford (its 40 miles outside of central London and a good 90minutes drive given traffic!). They stay in a London Mariott around the Italy game (not specified which one but there is one in Canary Wharf which is very close to the Olympic stadium).Then off to Celtic Manor in the lead up to France

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/rugby-2015-world-cup-bases-decided-1.1908251

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

llcoolj14 wrote: »
    After the Romania match, they train at Surrey Sports Park training grounds and stay in the Raddisson Blu Hotel in Guilford (its 40 miles outside of central London and a good 90minutes drive given traffic!). They stay in a London Mariott around the Italy game (not specified which one but there is one in Canary Wharf which is very close to the Olympic stadium).Then off to Celtic Manor in the lead up to France

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/rugby-2015-world-cup-bases-decided-1.1908251

Dammit anyway, that Radisson is about 10 minutes walk from my house, but I go on holiday the day after the Romania game and come back the day before the Italy one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dan_kel

There will be tickets on sale now for the Italy game if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Yep, plenty there. Just got my pair of Cat Ds that I've been trying to get for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dan_kel

Tickets for all four games on the site now.

Canada Categories ABC
    Romania Categories ABC
    Italy Categories AB
    France Categories AC

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

The New Zealand v Namibia game has Cat D tickets, typical the only NZ game I can afford and I'm on shift!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eugenemcardle

Can anyone help ? Travelling to Cardiff in a motor home for Canada game and finding it difficult to get a camping site for our motor home.

Also got a spare Cat C spare ticket available at face value if anybody interested.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

We're 6/8 lads staying in Bristol all weekend of the quarter finals.

Had planned on getting trains but with the stories on this it could be a mess.

Anybody interested in taking a few seats on a minibus Ideally;

Bristol - Cardiff Sat 15.00 (suffer the brunt of Uber back to Bristol at x am)

Bristol - Cardiff Sun 10.00

Will get prices if any interest

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Wexford1996

Not sure if anyone is interested or if everyone has accommodation sorted at this stage. I've a 6 bed dorm booked in a Cardiff hostel for Saturday 10th October. Won't be using it as just going over on the Sunday now instead. If anyone is interested let me know. Otherwise I'll just cancel it.

Not sure if anyone is interested or if everyone has accommodation sorted at this stage. I've a 6 bed dorm booked in a Cardiff hostel for Saturday 10th October. Won't be using it as just going over on the Sunday now instead. If anyone is interested let me know. Otherwise I'll just cancel it.

Is it just for The Saturday night or is Sunday included

We're 6/8 lads staying in Bristol all weekend of the quarter finals.

Had planned on getting trains but with the stories on this it could be a mess.

Anybody interested in taking a few seats on a minibus Ideally;

Bristol - Cardiff Sat 15.00 (suffer the brunt of Uber back to Bristol at x am)

Bristol - Cardiff Sun 10.00

Will get prices if any interest
    What is the bad stories about the train from Bristol to cardiff

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Wexford1996

No just for the Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OneInTheHand

Hey. Bit of a headscratcher, maybe someone can help me make sense of. I've been keeping my eye out on the official site, the last couple of weeks especially, as I've been noticing tickets regularly going up for matches I missed out in the ballot. A few weeks ago I bought a Cat D ticket for the England Australia game, delighted to get it, like gold dust, I'd have bought more if they let me add them to the basket. This is where it gets interesting as today they came and they are literally pitch side, first row, bang on half way. I've checked the seating plan on every possible website you can I imagine. It doesn't deviate. All other tickets I've received match up with my expectations of what I paid, both Millennium and Twickenham i.e. cat D behind the goals etc

I've been onto stubhub etc and every seat in that section is Cat A. How does it make sense that mine is a Cat D? The ticket states Adult, it states its a Cat D, I've bought it through official channels, my other tickets came with them etc. My online account states the same seat as on my actual ticket. Is this just a bit of good luck or is there a plausible explanation? Interested in hearing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Hey. Bit of a headscratcher, maybe someone can help me make sense of. I've been keeping my eye out on the official site, the last couple of weeks especially, as I've been noticing tickets regularly going up for matches I missed out in the ballot. A few weeks ago I bought a Cat D ticket for the England Australia game, delighted to get it, like gold dust, I'd have bought more if they let me add them to the basket. This is where it gets interesting as today they came and they are literally pitch side, first row, bang on half way. I've checked the seating plan on every possible website you can I imagine. It doesn't deviate. All other tickets I've received match up with my expectations of what I paid, both Millennium and Twickenham i.e. cat D behind the goals etc

I've been onto stubhub etc and every seat in that section is Cat A. How does it make sense that mine is a Cat D? The ticket state thats Adult, it states its a Cat D, I've bought it through official channels, my other tickets came with them etc. My online account states the same seat as on my actual ticket. Is this just a bit of good luck or is there a plausible explanation? Interested in hearing..

Sometimes you get a couple of rows of cat d along the edge line but the view is that bad or your view is blocked or impaired that they have to drop the ticket a few categories. If you look at the millennium seating plan there are some seats in category A than are slightly worse than category C. Will do a screen shot later to show what I mean. Enjoy the tickets none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

I've been onto stubhub etc and every seat in that section is Cat A. How does it make sense that mine is a Cat D? The ticket state thats Adult, it states its a Cat D, I've bought it through official channels, my other tickets came with them etc. My online account states the same seat as on my actual ticket. Is this just a bit of good luck or is there a plausible explanation? Interested in hearing..

Sometimes you get a couple of rows of cat d along the edge line but the view is that bad or your view is blocked or impaired that they have to drop the ticket a few categories. If you look at the millennium seating plan there are some seats in category A than are slightly worse than category C. Will do a screen shot later to show what I mean. Enjoy the tickets none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

I got the same when I went to the Olympics in London 2012.

Front Row smack bang in the middle. Last minute too.

The only thing was staff & photographers in the way but it was all right for the cheapest ticket in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OneInTheHand

Yeah, given they are on the half way line, maybe you have backroom staff, tv/camera staff.
    afatbollix wrote: »
    I got the same when I went to the Olympics in London 2012.

Front Row smack bang in the middle. Last minute too.

The only thing was staff & photographers in the way but it was all right for the cheapest ticket in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

In the Aviva anyway, I hate the front row pitch side - its too low down, it's almost as if you are below the action, and can be hard to see the other end of the pitch. Maybe for reasons like this it is Cat D?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Tickets up for all group games again this morning - Canada:A,B,C,D Romania:A,B,C,D Italy:A,B,D France:A,B,C

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah pitch side sucks for a lot of stadiums

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Cat B semi final ticket in the basket...... Decisions, decisions

EDIT: Couldn't do it, too many euros!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 joycer31

Is anyone else having problems getting tickets for the Ireland v France game? Anytime I go to put cat c tickets in my basket it never allows me to purchase them. States they are all sold out yet they are available on the ticket page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

joycer31 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems getting tickets for the Ireland v France game? Anytime I go to put cat c tickets in my basket it never allows me to purchase them. States they are all sold out yet they are available on the ticket page.

Could be that you are trying to buy multiple tickets but there are only single seats left.

Advertisement