Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

joycer31 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems getting tickets for the Ireland v France game? Anytime I go to put cat c tickets in my basket it never allows me to purchase them. States they are all sold out yet they are available on the ticket page.

Noticed that myself. They've been showing CAT C available for over 24 hours now but in fact they haven't been available in that time except for a brief period soon after 6.00 this evening. Computer glitch of some kind I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 IrishRugby93

Hi new to this but just wondering anyone heading on the day trip for canada game and know of any decent irish pubs in cardiff near the grounds cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Hi new to this but just wondering anyone heading on the day trip for canada game and know of any decent irish pubs in cardiff near the grounds cheers

O'Neils, opposite the train station and max two minutes walk to the the turnstiles of the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

We're 6/8 lads staying in Bristol all weekend of the quarter finals.

Had planned on getting trains but with the stories on this it could be a mess.

Anybody interested in taking a few seats on a minibus Ideally;

Bristol - Cardiff Sat 15.00 (suffer the brunt of Uber back to Bristol at x am)

Bristol - Cardiff Sun 10.00

Will get prices if any interest

What stories? The train is grand. Day return is around £13, anytime return within a month is about £20. Runs every half hour or so. Might have to stand on the way back if you get on a busy service i.e. straight after the game but even at that it takes less than an hour.

If you don't fancy the train book the megabus. Leaves centre of Bristol regularly for about £6 return. Journey time is just over an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Many a pub between the train station and the ground, many more not far off it either. Don't be so worried if you don't find an Irish pub immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Anyone else having trouble with the ticketing site? I haven't been able to get on all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Mushy wrote: »
    Many a pub between the train station and the ground, many more not far off it either. Don't be so worried if you don't find an Irish pub immediately.

Irish pub? I'm sure every pub within walking distance of the Millennium will be taken over and become an "Irish pub" for the day. 60 odd thousand of us I'd imagine.

Anyone have a figure on how many are travelling this weekend or how many tickets have been sold for the Canada match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

saw a post on twitter that says the RWC organisers think ireland v romania will be sold out

on this feed
    https://twitter.com/whiskeycully

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Irish pub? I'm sure every pub within walking distance of the Millennium will be taken over and become an "Irish pub" for the day. 60 odd thousand of us I'd imagine.

Anyone have a figure on how many are travelling this weekend or how many tickets have been sold for the Canada match?

I know, hence why I suggested any pub. It'll be some atmosphere.

Mushy wrote: »
    I know, hence why I suggested any pub. It'll be some atmosphere.

Can't wait now!

Heading this weekend, Shannon to Birmingham and staying in Bristol for the two matches in Cardiff on Sat and Sun (Ire and Wales).

Many of the rest on here going this wknd?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

aimee1 wrote: »
    saw a post on twitter that says the RWC organisers think ireland v romania will be sold out

on this feed
    https://twitter.com/whiskeycully

There was only about 3000 of them left on the official site about two weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Thats great news if its true, we are heading to it and was really hoping tat it wudnt be like a half empty ghost town

https://twitter.com/whiskeycully/status/643026196754767872

Be amazing if it was even 95% full. What an atmosphere we would create in the Millennium.

Am I right in thinking the roof will be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah gonna be closed for the world cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Can't wait now!

Heading this weekend, Shannon to Birmingham and staying in Bristol for the two matches in Cardiff on Sat and Sun (Ire and Wales).

Many of the rest on here going this wknd?
    I am! Heading Friday morning and back on Sunday. Really looking forward to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I'm going to all the games. I think there are a good few Irish around doing the same as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

Just bought my train ticket from Swansea to Cardiff for the France game. Getting the 9am train to ensure all atmosphere is well and truly soaked up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

I'm going to all the games. I think there are a good few Irish around doing the same as me.

Wish my wallet would let me!! Canada and Italy are all I can manage and only because I was able to get cheap flights and tickets!!

Mind if I ask how this is known?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Logged on and saw cat b for the final. Tried to buy but they were gone

• Advertisement

Lots of tickets there at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

I'm guessing you mean all of the Irish pool games? I am too and bringing my eldest too them. My brother offered me tickets for both of Ireland's potential Quarter finals telling me that they cost about £100. I said yes assuming that they were cat D's. He emailed me at the weekend to say that they're £250 each which presumably means Cat A's. That's more than I've paid for all of the pool games put together so that's a no!

Clearlier wrote: »
    I'm guessing you mean all of the Irish pool games? I am too and bringing my eldest too them. My brother offered me tickets for both of Ireland's potential Quarter finals telling me that they cost about £100. I said yes assuming that they were cat D's. He emailed me at the weekend to say that they're £250 each which presumably means Cat A's. That's more than I've paid for all of the pool games put together so that's a no!

If you're keen enough you'll get Cat Ds for those QFs alright. As I type you can get a Cat D for the sunday QF. (QF3)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

kuang1 wrote: »
    If you're keen enough you'll get Cat Ds for those QFs alright. As I type you can get a Cat D for the sunday QF. (QF3)

Yeah, I was just looking a few minutes ago but if I buy them I'll need a pair which wasn't available. I also need to find out if my Mum is happy to watch from the rafters. I enjoy the different perspective that you get from being able to watch the different patterns from up high but it's not for everyone. I'm not massively fussed tbh. 10 years ago I probably would have had tickets all the way to the final but marriage, 2 kids and emigration have changed my priorities somewhat:).

kuang1 wrote: »

Yoikes...didn't last long...Only A & B left now for each of our QFs.

Bit gutted i missed out on that final ticket now

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Whether these games will be complete sellouts I don't know - I reckon the tickets will be sold out according to the official ticket sales, but how many of these will end up in the hands of touts. Lot of other sites with tickets for sale at inflated prices, and I doubt if all of those will be sold - I reckon very close to many of the games they will be at face value for people to get back the money they forked out.

I'm tempted to try and get bronze final or final tickets, might try and swap a shift with someone on for the final instead as I'm accredited for Twickenham. Missed out on Cat D NZ v Argentina tickets last week, annoyed!

Clearlier wrote: »
    Yeah, I was just looking a few minutes ago but if I buy them I'll need a pair which wasn't available. I also need to find out if my Mum is happy to watch from the rafters. I enjoy the different perspective that you get from being able to watch the different patterns from up high but it's not for everyone. I'm not massively fussed tbh. 10 years ago I probably would have had tickets all the way to the final but marriage, 2 kids and emigration have changed my priorities somewhat:).

Understandable!
    Interesting too what you say about different views from different seats suiting some and not others.
    I got 2 friends of mine a ticket each for the France game, but one was up in the skies and one was in row 2 (ground level) behind the goal. Thought we might have to toss a coin but one of the lads said "oh brilliant...pitchside!".
    Much prefer to be in the nosebleeds myself but yer man is delighted with himself!

Whether these games will be complete sellouts I don't know - I reckon the tickets will be sold out according to the official ticket sales, but how many of these will end up in the hands of touts. Lot of other sites with tickets for sale at inflated prices, and I doubt if all of those will be sold - I reckon very close to many of the games they will be at face value for people to get back the money they forked out.

I'm tempted to try and get bronze final or final tickets, might try and swap a shift with someone on for the final instead as I'm accredited for Twickenham. Missed out on Cat D NZ v Argentina tickets last week, annoyed!

Agreed.
    Although depending on which QF Ireland end up in, you'll probably see a surge in demand the few days before the game for that particular QF. (Ah fukk it I'm going...don't care how much it costs...could be their 1st time making the semis...I know I said I wasn't going...the extension can wait another 6 months)

The reason QF2 and QF3 haven't been selling out is because you won't have any 'home' nation in them.
    Sales with QF3 have particularly poor due to the probability of Argentina being in it who will have a very poor following I imagine.

On a side note...I've been irked slightly at how all of England's group games show as "sold out, buy hospitality" whereas all the rest of us peasants merely get 'currently unavailable' as soon as all available tickets get sold.
    (The petty side of my personality thinking: "oh yeah, it's only england who can sell out matches is it?!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

Cheers for the travel answers from Bristol.

Wonder how many are in the same boat holding tickets for both Cardiff quarters, worried that we can't return the non Irish game tickets. Paid £1500 for 4 Cat B sat and 4 Cat C sun...

France v Argentina will likely be un sellable/returnable

Advertisement