Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

22 matches gone to ballot
    22 limited availability
    5 good availability - these include two Ireland matches in big stadiums and one New Zealand match.

22 matches totally sold out is great going.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

22 limited availability
    5 good availability - these include two Ireland matches in big stadiums and one New Zealand match.

Are those 22 actually sold out or is it just the Cat D that are sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

NoelJ wrote: »

all sold,
    if gone to red it's all categories.

NoelJ wrote: »

All sold.

My friend applied for New Zealand V Argentina match for the cheapest tickets and he has received two emails saying this match is going to ballot however on the website its showing as limited therefore the cheapest band is going to ballot but the really expensive ones are still left hence the limited status.

It only shows red (going to ballot) on the website if all tickets are sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Ape

Guys, ive booked tickets for Ireland vs. France only. If i don't get these tickets will there be another opportunity to get tickets for the Ireland vs. Romania or Ireland vs. Canada?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The Ape wrote: »
    Guys, ive booked tickets for Ireland vs. France only. If i don't get these tickets will there be another opportunity to get tickets for the Ireland vs. Romania or Ireland vs. Canada?

Yeah I think you'll be grand. There will be a platform for further ticket sales, I think it said early 2015. With those matches not selling out, there will be tickets available.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

22 limited availability

Guess with Ireland v Romania being held in the biggest stadium Ireland are playing in, kinda inevitable that tickets would be left for that. Doubt there'd be a huge travelling support from Romania either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

So anyone know when to expect ballot results? Site was a bit vague just saying sometime in October?

So anyone know when to expect ballot results? Site was a bit vague just saying sometime in October?

I already got mine this morning. Did you not get any?

Bad joke :pac: Didn't get anything yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

All sold.

My friend applied for New Zealand V Argentina match for the cheapest tickets and he has received two emails saying this match is going to ballot however on the website its showing as limited therefore the cheapest band is going to ballot but the really expensive ones are still left hence the limited status.

It only shows red (going to ballot) on the website if all tickets are sold.

I'm surprised that they managed to sell the Cat A tickets so easily, thought they may have struggled with them. I wonder will they give everyone who applied for any tickets, A, B and C instead as D will easily sell out.

Every match at next year's Rugby World Cup in England will be balloted for tickets in at least one price category.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29433976

To be honest with the price of tickets I'm surprised the up take has been so large.

Jeez when you think about it there selling out Twickenham with a 82,000 capacity about 10 times there's mental money to be made there. By all accounts all the cheaper tickets are gone for the wembley games so they should be 75,000 plus too. While the Welsh should eventually sell out there games in the next few months.

Should be some World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭OldRio

I think you will find a lot of tickets have gone to corporate. Banks and financial institutions in the city of London will be awash with tickets.

#Time for a few phone calls#

OldRio wrote: »
    I think you will find a lot of tickets have gone to corporate. Banks and financial institutions in the city of London will be awash with tickets.

#Time for a few phone calls#

Yeah the RWC organisers it seems have been camped outside the offices in canary wharf for the past 6 months.

Dread to see the amount some of the banks are spending on tickets. This is where the real money will be made for the IRB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Thank you for applying for Rugby World Cup 2015 tickets.

The ticket application window has now closed and we have begun processing all applications.

Over the next few weeks we will be running ballots for each of the oversubscribed matches and price categories, ensuring that all tickets are fairly allocated. Our aim is to ensure that as many fans as possible get tickets for the Tournament.

We will notify you regarding the success of your ticket application before the end of October, in advance of any payment being taken. Payment for successful applications will start to be taken from Monday October 27, 2014.

Any remaining tickets will go back on general sale in November 2014.
    If you have any queries relating to your application, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.

Kind regards,

Rugby World Cup 2015 Ticketing Team

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sluggerb

Has anyone heard anything at the moment, I assume its a bit early

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Nothing yet, checked their site this morning to see if any update, still just says October! Its like sticking a sign on the office door "back in 5 minutes" but you don't know when they left!!

I didn;t even get that email shezer posted ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Aw replies on this thread got me excited something was happening :(

I didn;t even get that email shezer posted ...

I got that on the 1st of October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

They are starting to take payment on Monday the 27th. They said they will give you advance warning (prob so you can make sure your card is ready to take the hit!) thefore a logical guess would be that we will find out from Monday the 20th. Another few days to go lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Hope to find out this soon if we got the tickets, hopefully this week, been looking every day and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Replies on this thread get me excited that things are happening!

The waiting game is torture

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

I will be gutted if i don't get any of the tickets I applied for after waiting so long to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

I have accomodation and ferry and all booked. I really hope I get at least one set of tickets I went for. If I get nothing I'll be while disappointed. Would the RFU ever hurry up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 baggy13

All of us that applied for tickets will receive an email on Saturday to let us know if we are successful or not. Saturday will be a tense day. Good Luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

baggy13 wrote: »
    All of us that applied for tickets will receive an email on Saturday to let us know if we are successful or not. Saturday will be a tense day. Good Luck everyone.
    How did you find out that it's Saturday? Seems a bit late notice if they're taking payment on Monday. This waiting is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 baggy13

There was an article in the Daily Telegraph newspaper on Tuesday which read something like, All applicants will be informed by England Rugby 2015 on Saturday as to the success of their application. It has also been mentioned on a tv news segment here in England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cnlbel

saturday??? that feels very far away :mad:

Advertisement