Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 NC12

Anyone looking for tickets for the Ireland vs Canada game? I have 2 tickets here for sale face value. Not seated together. Partner and I can't travel due to unforeseen circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Cheers for the travel answers from Bristol.

Wonder how many are in the same boat holding tickets for both Cardiff quarters, worried that we can't return the non Irish game tickets. Paid £1500 for 4 Cat B sat and 4 Cat C sun...

France v Argentina will likely be un sellable/returnable
    i have tckets for both but going to both.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

i have tckets for both but going to both.

I plan to go to both but it will be a significantly less appealing option if Ireland play Saturday. I might try (and likely fail) to offload the Sunday ones in that case.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I plan to go to both but it will be a significantly less appealing option if Ireland play Saturday. I might try (and likely fail) to offload the Sunday ones in that case.

I hadnt even thought of that. I might be a bit over confident for france game. Im meeting some french friends that are going to the sat game so may be able to sell to them should it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

kuang1 wrote: »

On a side note...I've been irked slightly at how all of England's group games show as "sold out, buy hospitality" whereas all the rest of us peasants merely get 'currently unavailable' as soon as all available tickets get sold.
    (The petty side of my personality thinking: "oh yeah, it's only england who can sell out matches is it?!!)

Have given this some thought previously, and I think that's what is shown when there are no official tickets left, and any future tickets that become available are resales (sold out hasn't meant sold out thus far), whereas not currently available means they still have tickets to release. They've definitely been drip feeding tickets, e.g. Italy tickets have been some of the hardest to get for a good while, and then they suddenly do an Olympic stadium sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Yeah true. I suspect that we've seen the last of the drip feeding now though.
    Unless they've held back tickets for the knockout stages? Wouldn't surprise me but luckily I'm not relying on that to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wonder how many are in the same boat holding tickets for both Cardiff quarters, worried that we can't return the non Irish game tickets. Paid £1500 for 4 Cat B sat and 4 Cat C sun...
    Yeah if Saturday is Argentina/France tickets will be half price IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

looks like there are a few spare tickets in work for the Canada game.

I was looking last night but there is no obvious easy option for a day trip that isn't crazy price.

Bar the obvious boat and train options does anyone have any last minute travel tips that might make it feasible to get to the game on Saturday?

Thanks

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Fly to London, and get the supporters bus down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Fly to London, and get the supporters bus down?

was googling for something like that but can't seem to find it.

any links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 vvarley

Not sure if anyone is interested or if everyone has accommodation sorted at this stage. I've a 6 bed dorm booked in a Cardiff hostel for Saturday 10th October. Won't be using it as just going over on the Sunday now instead. If anyone is interested let me know. Otherwise I'll just cancel it.

Is this still available/ anyone else have good ideas for 5 lads on saturday night in cardiff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

eoinf wrote: »
    was googling for something like that but can't seem to find it.

any links?

http://www.mrsc.ie/news/20267.php

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Yeah true. I suspect that we've seen the last of the drip feeding now though.
    Unless they've held back tickets for the knockout stages? Wouldn't surprise me but luckily I'm not relying on that to be true!

Yes, I was very surprised at the Olympic stadium sale. They seem to be catching up on things now though - they sent the tickets I bought in that immediately, everything arrived last week.

There could well be more knock out stage tickets to come, in an attempt to beat the touts. In any case, I would expect some resales as the make up of those later games becomes known. The semi and final are very expensive just to tick something off the bucket list. I know mine are going back for sure if Ireland don't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

eoinf wrote: »
    looks like there are a few spare tickets in work for the Canada game.

I was looking last night but there is no obvious easy option for a day trip that isn't crazy price.

Bar the obvious boat and train options does anyone have any last minute travel tips that might make it feasible to get to the game on Saturday?

Thanks

Eoin

Leaving from where?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 redzer_irl

Can anyone help ? Travelling to Cardiff in a motor home for Canada game and finding it difficult to get a camping site for our motor home.

Also got a spare Cat C spare ticket available at face value if anybody interested.

Thanks

Did you get in contact with Cardiff Harlequins rugby club. They have opened their grounds for previous Heineken Cup games and they are doing the same for the RWC.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah if Saturday is Argentina/France tickets will be half price IMO

We are going on a package for that weekend with a guaranteed ticket for Irish qf. Plan on buying ticket over there for other qf if possible say lots will try do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 flogan

New batch just up. Cat C France tickets seated together now available.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

MRSC are offering Cat A tickets for the Canada and Romania games at half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Is it just because I'm in Switzerland for work that I'm getting a 403 error trying to get to the ticket website? Anyone else having difficulties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Is it just because I'm in Switzerland for work that I'm getting a 403 error trying to get to the ticket website? Anyone else having difficulties?

comes up a lot for me too, am in dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 marty1892

Just wondering is there bar that all the Irish fans will be in Swansea on Friday night. Going over with Barry's travel Friday on boat and staying in Swansea Friday and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 marty1892

Just wondering is there bar that all the Irish fans will be in Swansea on Friday night. Going over with Barry's travel Friday on boat and staying in Swansea Friday and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

marty1892 wrote: »

I doubt any bar in Swansea could hold 40000 people no matter how much they may try.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Yup. ****ing Swizerland.

(no, it's working fine for me)

I doubt any bar in Swansea could hold 40000 people no matter how much they may try.
    Are you using a vpn. With mine on I get a 404 error and with it off it works ok

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Must have been the hotel WiFi. The airport internet works fine for the site.

On another note, I've had a Cat C ticket for sale for the Romania match for weeks now and it's showing no Cat C tickets available. This is such bullshít since they're likely trying to shift the higher priced tickets, knowing they've already got my money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Must have been the hotel WiFi. The airport internet works fine for the site.

On another note, I've had a Cat C ticket for sale for the Romania match for weeks now and it's showing no Cat C tickets available. This is such bullshít since they're likely trying to shift the higher priced tickets, knowing they've already got my money for it.

I would really love to be a fly on the wall in RWC ticketing HQ.
    I've said this before but think of the Romania and Canada games..if they sell out CAT C and CAT D and not sell much else, then you've the 2 main stands looking empty, and behind each goal will be chock-a-block!
    Aesthetically not pleasing from the organiser's point of view...interesting to see how the millenium stadium will look on tv come 2.30pm Saturday.

Btw @Michael D not Higgins, check your account and go to 'manage my tickets'. I resold a ticket on the website after I had it delivered to me. I got no email to say it was sold, but when I checked in 'manage my tickets' I saw a message saying "ticket sold, please return your ticket"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

Managed to get a ticket for the Ireland France game at the last minute but can't get any reasonable priced accommodation and a hotel we had fell through, so looking at camping in tent. Any tips on where to look near (ish) to Cardiff? Cheers :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I would really love to be a fly on the wall in RWC ticketing HQ.
    I've said this before but think of the Romania and Canada games..if they sell out CAT C and CAT D and not sell much else, then you've the 2 main stands looking empty, and behind each goal will be chock-a-block!
    Aesthetically not pleasing from the organiser's point of view...interesting to see how the millenium stadium will look on tv come 2.30pm Saturday.

Btw @Michael D not Higgins, check your account and go to 'manage my tickets'. I resold a ticket on the website after I had it delivered to me. I got no email to say it was sold, but when I checked in 'manage my tickets' I saw a message saying "ticket sold, please return your ticket"

afaik only 8 full time staff in the ER2015 ticketing department, but I think most of it is outsourced to Ticketmaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

Hopefully they'll let the fans move to better empty seats after K.O. like they do for some gigs, fairer than selling cat A and Cat B for lower than originally priced

Advertisement