Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Hopefully they'll let the fans move to better empty seats after K.O. like they do for some gigs, fairer than selling cat A and Cat B for lower than originally priced

I honestly don't think there will be a huge amount of empty seats at the games, depending on whether those people who have bought tickets, and they are not sold on go or not. It does depend on the number of tickets touts have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

I wonder if anyone here knows the answer to this question.

How far in advance of a game can you sell your ticket on the official site if you need to?

I'm thinking of hedging on the Q/F's in Cardiff and won't be able to afford to go to both.

techdiver wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone here knows the answer to this question.

How far in advance of a game can you sell your ticket on the official site if you need to?

I'm thinking of hedging on the Q/F's in Cardiff and won't be able to afford to go to both.

I found this document.

It appears you can resell at any time within 24 hours of a game - https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/gpctp/site/assets/TicketResaleProgrammeUserGuide.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

I've already stated a few pages back that most of us are in a similar boat.

Anybody wishing to get the best out of the WC will ideally get to Cardiff for the quarters as : Ireland should reach that stage, and it will be a good competitive game unlike our pool games (bar France)

The real guess is how many French will be in Cardiff and want a ticket at such a late stage considering the majority of the accommodation is occupied with fans wanting to offload tickets for the non Irish match.

In my opinion, the match selling out soon bears no regard on being able to resell as so many people who bought tickets wont want them.

I don't think they'll be any difference in trying to resell now until just before the France game because of the lack of accommodation and game times, but I could be wrong, Air b and B have more rooms up every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭llcoolj14

If any fans are in Cardiff early sat am (8 to 10am) let me know, we have a broadcast that has been in touch looking for some early Irish risers/arrivals!

Also, due to a mix-up, were long a few Cat B and Cat C tickets for the Canada game, Ive put them back on the official website but not sure how quick they go up there. Get in touch if still looking.

Really looking forward to this now!

• Advertisement

I've already stated a few pages back that most of us are in a similar boat.

Anybody wishing to get the best out of the WC will ideally get to Cardiff for the quarters as : Ireland should reach that stage, and it will be a good competitive game unlike our pool games (bar France)

The real guess is how many French will be in Cardiff and want a ticket at such a late stage considering the majority of the accommodation is occupied with fans wanting to offload tickets for the non Irish match.

In my opinion, the match selling out soon bears no regard on being able to resell as so many people who bought tickets wont want them.

I don't think they'll be any difference in trying to resell now until just before the France game because of the lack of accommodation and game times, but I could be wrong, Air b and B have more rooms up every week.

It's a difficult one to gauge alright.

I think it would actually be easier to offload the Saturday game as there are plenty of Kiwi's living in the UK.

Offloading the Sunday ticket would be more difficult I think. France (don't travel in as great a numbers as us) and Argentina (other side of the world).

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

There are tickets now up for every match apart from QF2 and the Final.

A B C D for Italy

A B C for France

Just bought one Cat D for the Saturday QF in Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Staying in Swansea Friday and Saturday night coming. Anybody know where to watch the England Fiji match? good pub... bit of craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

kuang1 wrote: »
    I would really love to be a fly on the wall in RWC ticketing HQ.
    I've said this before but think of the Romania and Canada games..if they sell out CAT C and CAT D and not sell much else, then you've the 2 main stands looking empty, and behind each goal will be chock-a-block!
    Aesthetically not pleasing from the organiser's point of view...interesting to see how the millenium stadium will look on tv come 2.30pm Saturday.

Btw @Michael D not Higgins, check your account and go to 'manage my tickets'. I resold a ticket on the website after I had it delivered to me. I got no email to say it was sold, but when I checked in 'manage my tickets' I saw a message saying "ticket sold, please return your ticket"

That's the problem, it still says 'on sale'. I've sent them an email asking is it actually on sale and will I be out £85 in a couple of weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

On the ferry on Friday morning to Pembroke. Heading to a Wexford hotel tomorrow. The excitement is killing me :).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

About to hop on the plane now, roll on the game,and hopefully a successful campaign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Best of luck lads wish I was going. I'll always have France! (The RWC not the upcoming game)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 marty1892

This time tomorrow will be on the ferry leaving Rosslare still debating going for quarter final weekend depending on the cash.

Come on Ireland looking forward to the next month of ups and downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 marty1892

This time tomorrow will be on the ferry leaving Rosslare still debating going for quarter final weekend depending on the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Can't wait for it to start. Still have four weeks to wait before we head to the quarters for the weekend. All this talk of ferries and planes is making me go want to home and get my bag packed and have it left by the door. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

marty1892 wrote: »
    This time tomorrow will be on the ferry leaving Rosslare still debating going for quarter final weekend depending on th cash.

If we win the world cup and you think back...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

It's gonna turn into the "this time tomorrow" thread I just know it.

So:

THIS FOOKIN TIME TOMORROW I'LL BE ON A BIG FOOKIN BOAT THAT WILL BE BRINGING ME TO FOOKIN WALES FOR A FOOKIN WORLD CUP MATCH THAT I'VE BEEN WAITIN OVER A FOOKIN YEAR TO FOOKIN GO TO!

Fookin brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Enjoy Travellers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

For those going this weekend, enjoy!

Been talking about travelling to this long enough and now its finally happening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Getting sterling today I have the sudocream ready.

Is any one just going to use there bank card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Read that originally as sun cream.

What climate are you expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just be careful with international fees if you're using an Irish card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

naughto wrote: »

I'm wondering the same. Going to Italy and France games and wondering will I get sterling here before I go or just take out 1 lump sum with my card when I get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

I think you will pay a transaction charge for each Sterling transaction, so I guess fewer is better.

Dubal

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

On the ferry on Friday morning to Pembroke. Heading to a Wexford hotel tomorrow. The excitement is killing me :).

see you on the boat :p

CharlieSheenTinFoilHat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

naughto wrote: »

I normally use my card when I am over there. I have an UB debit card and not charged for using it if I use an RBS/NatWest ATM.

Check with your Bank. They usually have all the detail on there website. I hate carrying cash when out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Don't think your costs disappear once you get into the ground. £5 a pint is par for the course in the UK for events now, but £10 for a programme? They can keep it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/rugby-world-cup/11870000/The-great-Rugby-World-Cup-rip-off-fans-hit-by-hidden-price-increases-at-stadiums.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Don't think your costs disappear once you get into the ground. £5 a pint is par for the course in the UK for events now, but £10 for a programme? They can keep it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/rugby-world-cup/11870000/The-great-Rugby-World-Cup-rip-off-fans-hit-by-hidden-price-increases-at-stadiums.html

Ah crap. It's my first RWC. I was hoping the program would be a nice memorabilia. Might be better off with a £5 keyring. At least that's functional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

Advertisement