Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

Don't think your costs disappear once you get into the ground. £5 a pint is par for the course in the UK for events now, but £10 for a programme? They can keep it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/rugby-world-cup/11870000/The-great-Rugby-World-Cup-rip-off-fans-hit-by-hidden-price-increases-at-stadiums.html

Unfortunately it's become typical of sporting events, especially show piece events to gouge fans.

Even look at The Aviva for a game. €6+ for a plastic 500ml bottle of Carlsberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Just printed the boarding pass!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

You are not permitted to sell tickets on the Rugby Forum.

posts deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Just booked my flights for Italy game. Flying in from China. Its just starting to feel real now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

RuggieBear wrote: »
    You are not permitted to sell tickets on the Rugby Forum.

posts deleted

My bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Sitting in Terminal 1 in Dublin airport waiting to head to Cardiff, been looking forward to this for weeks and can't believe it's finally here

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If anyone's travelling about London today on the underground, there's some issues on the Central line to be aware of.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

tfl for any updates - usually will hear them in the stations as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Some amount of green jersies on the ferry this morning, and the whole train now is full of us. And a few token Canadians.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

sullivlo wrote: »
    Some amount of green jersies on the ferry this morning, and the whole train now is full of us. And a few token Canadians.

We barely made the bus to the ferry, now in Swansea enjoying pints for 2 pounds!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 FlickBean

Was talking to a girl today that spent over €300 on a flight to Bristol for this weekend with Ryanair.....crazy!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

FlickBean wrote: »
    Was talking to a girl today that spent over €300 on a flight to Bristol for this weekend with Ryanair.....crazy!

We got bus, ferry and accommodation in Swansea with transfers to Cardiff for 329

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

We got flights Cork - Stansted return with reserved seats, car hire, 2 rooms in Jurys inn Swindon on the Friday night, a 4 bed dorm room in Cardiff City Centre on the Saturday and Sunday night and cat D tickets for the France game for €350 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Chipbutty

Cat A....B....C available on RWC site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Chipbutty wrote: »

C ticket doesn't come up for me. Says it is unavailable when I try to purchase. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

Chipbutty wrote:

Were they up for the French match aswell?

None for the French game. Looking for some myself.

Dave0301 wrote: »
    C ticket doesn't come up for me. Says it is unavailable when I try to purchase. :(

They must have had only a few available, there was some Cat D as well but they didn't last long

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Lots of tickets just went up there including the Final for £315. I clicked until my fingers bled but it wouldn't add even a single ticket into the basket. Got a pair of Cat C's for my friend for Ireland France at least.

What a day of rugby!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Am a bit stuck, if anyone can advise..

Have a ticket for QF in Cardiff on 18th Oct.

I want to give myself space to possibly swap for the QF on the 17th Oct depending on results.

This means travelling to Cardiff on the Friday day/night/Sat morning, and I need need need to be back in Dublin for 9am Monday morning.

Accomodation isn't an issue.

I'm trying to put together a planes/trains/automobiles options but am getting stuck either for time or money.

Help?! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lots of tickets just went up there including the Final for £315. I clicked until my fingers bled but it wouldn't add even a single ticket into the basket. Got a pair of Cat C's for my friend for Ireland France at least.

What a day of rugby!

Got a 1/4 final Pool D winner Cat D

Come on lads!!!!

connundrum wrote: »
    Am a bit stuck, if anyone can advise..

Have a ticket for QF in Cardiff on 18th Oct.

I want to give myself space to possibly swap for the QF on the 17th Oct depending on results.

This means travelling to Cardiff on the Friday day/night/Sat morning, and I need need need to be back in Dublin for 9am Monday morning.

Accomodation isn't an issue.

I'm trying to put together a planes/trains/automobiles options but am getting stuck either for time or money.

Help?! :confused:

www.eurolines.ie Friday out Sunday back

• Registered Users Posts: 4 IrishRugby93

Is Anyone Selling a 2 Ireland v Italy Tickets just back from wales dismorning, going over for France game but want try get to Italy game aswell thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

1st time heading to london for a game, where wud the best spot be for pre match drinks for the Irish supporters.

It might be of interest to some people that tickets to Ireland Canada were being sold by touts before the match for well under face value. I was offered a pair of Cat D tickets for £60 (in total) the day before the game.

Certainly I think the RWC priced the A and B tickets for these matches way too high. They said there was c. 69,000 in attendance. It looked to me in the stadium that there were more than 5,000 empty seats, especially in the A section.

I thought about moving at half-time but we were having great fun with a group of Canadian military personnel who were over for the game.

Henwin wrote: »
    1st time heading to london for a game, where wud the best spot be for pre match drinks for the Irish supporters.

The Fan Zone was a lot of fun in Cardiff although the Japan South Africa match certainly helped that atmosphere. I'd recommend it especially if the weather is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Just home after an amazing weekend in Cardiff! Fantastic atmosphere I must say both before but particularly after the game. Was delighted that we were staying in the city last night. Well worth every penny!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

It might be of interest to some people that tickets to Ireland Canada were being sold by touts before the match for well under face value. I was offered a pair of Cat D tickets for £60 (in total) the day before the game.

Certainly I think the RWC priced the A and B tickets for these matches way too high. They said there was c. 69,000 in attendance. It looked to me in the stadium that there were more than 5,000 empty seats, especially in the A section.

I thought about moving at half-time but we were having great fun with a group of Canadian military personnel who were over for the game.

Not surprised at that tbh, glad to see touts losing money. They would want to get rid of the tickets for cheap than be left with tickets at the end of the game. Might head to a few of the Twickenham games to see if I can pick up a few - might as well.
    The Fan Zone was a lot of fun in Cardiff although the Japan South Africa match certainly helped that atmosphere. I'd recommend it especially if the weather is good.

Fan zones are class - heard the Richmond one for Twickenham was great, looks really well. Great video on the BBC Wales facebook of the Irish fans yesterday celebrating the Japan win

Not surprised at that tbh, glad to see touts losing money. They would want to get rid of the tickets for cheap than be left with tickets at the end of the game. Might head to a few of the Twickenham games to see if I can pick up a few - might as well.

Fan zones are class - heard the Richmond one for Twickenham was great, looks really well. Great video on the BBC Wales facebook of the Irish fans yesterday celebrating the Japan win

When I was in Paris in 2007 it was unreal, fanzone under the Eifel Tower!!!
    Playing "touch" rugby ended up smashing my watch!!! Lol

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    When I was in Paris in 2007 it was unreal, fanzone under the Eifel Tower!!!
    Playing "touch" rugby ended up smashing my watch!!! Lol

Trafalagar Square and Picadilly Circus will be doing rugby coaching sessions closer to the final - I've signed up to deliver some, haven't heard yet

Advertisement