Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Did anyone get a bus from Cardiff to Swansea the night of the Canada match on Saturday and how did it work out?

Staying in Swansea for the France match and reckon we'll avoid the train after hearing the horror stories. There's a bus you can pre-book on National Express leaving Cardiff at 23:05.. which should give enough time to enjoy what will be hopefully be a win in Cardiff after the match! Don't imagine the buses being as much of a disaster as the trains were?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Only Cat A & B tickets online for Ireland V Romania. This must indicate that the C & D ones from earlier today have been all sold.

Notice how no Ireland V Italy have gone online in the last few days. Bet they've been pulled for the time being to push ticket sales for Wembley. After Sunday's game they'll go back on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Does anyone know if you can get a ticket reprinted? I am flying to the Italy match from China so had my match ticket shipped here. Tracking says it was received in china on Saturday and still no sign so I am getting a bit worried

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Will be interested to see how the Olympic stadium looks for its first game tonight, what effect the running track etc has on the view/atmosphere of the CAT D tickets behind the goal for those of us going to the Italy game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Will be interested to see how the Olympic stadium looks for its first game tonight, what effect the running track etc has on the view/atmosphere of the CAT D tickets behind the goal for those of us going to the Italy game.

You know they 'roll out' the stands to cover the running track when it's a non-athletics event right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

There is tickets for all categories for the Romania Match up now if anyone is still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

olympic-stadium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

techdiver wrote: »
    Another solution for the train company is to only sell tickers in advance. In doing so they will know the exact numbers.

What's annoying is we have booked and paid for our tickets on a specific time tabled service, yet we will have no preference over walk ups. So the service I booked us irrelevant.

Just so everyone knows they have said that they are scrapping this to help people get earlier trains and have them arrive all day instead of a hour before kick off.
    It should help a little bit.

The trains has been a ball ache so far Twickenham had to be closed with all power switched off so no trains heading to London at all for a hour! Twas a joke ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

kuang1 wrote: »
    You know they 'roll out' the stands to cover the running track when it's a non-athletics event right?

No they don't. See below.

I've heard the view from behind the goals in the lower tier is a bit crap. Have tickets for there but don't mind too much. Should be good craic regardless.

afatbollix wrote: »

The trains has been a ball ache so far Twickenham had to be closed with all power switched off so no trains heading to London at all for a hour! Twas a joke ted.

Was that not because someone fell onto the tracks? Hardly the train companies' fault.

• Advertisement

I've heard the view from behind the goals in the lower tier is a bit crap. Have tickets for there but don't mind too much. Should be good craic regardless.

Ya they do, Where your photo has been taken from they are covering the long jump area with seats. If you look up a few posts look at each end.

Was that not because someone fell onto the tracks? Hardly the train companies' fault.

Would letting too many people on the platform be the train company's fault? They were to have Platform 2 ready to be used too and that did not happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

I'm going tonight and have cat D tickets so I'll tell you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I traveled from Rosslare to Pembrook and back and never once got asked for ID.

Same here I was on the rosslare fishguard last w/e.

See the picture I attached above.

They have rolled a the stand inwards towards the pitch.

@afatbollix Been to Twickenham a few times and always thought the station was relatively well-managed. Wasn't there so no idea if the guy fell because of overcrowding or drunkenness. I think the bigger problem is the fact they're having all these major games in a stadium at night when all the infrastructure around it is built for day games, just because ITV want to beat Strictly for ratings.

On your stadium point, fair enough, but still think low seats behind the goals won't be great

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Last time I was at Twickenham, we walked to a really good pub near St Margaret's and had a few pints before heading for the train. It can be a bit mental trying to get a train back to central London on match days.

Last time I was at Twickenham, we walked to a really good pub near St Margaret's and had a few pints before heading for the train. It can be a bit mental trying to get a train back to central London on match days.

Did the same. It was 2010 mind you, but I assume the same still applies.

Went for a few pints near the stadium for a couple of hours and let the crowds die down.

The problem last Friday was that the match finished at 10pm so most wanted to get home quickly. No problem for me as I live in Twickenham. Such a pitty they didn't get the station rebuilt for the World cup.

If anyone is coming to Twickenham and needs to get to Waterloo they are putting on 100 buses that will go direct to Waterloo that might be easier than the station.

Further to this travel point, does anyone know what Wembley was like last Sunday from a travel point of view?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Don't know about last Sunday but I was there in early August with my husband for the Community Shield (full house of London fans - Arsenal v Chelsea). The queues for the tube were all the way back down Olympic Way after the match then. We walked about a mile and a half in the opposite direction to the stop before it on the Metropolitan line and got seats quite comfortably.

The pub selection near the stadium is a bit crap too because Wembley is a very Asian area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Got my ticketed and poverty bus to Cardiff (Eurolines) booked for QF

Some useful info from the Munster Supporters Club London Branch re the Romania game: http://www.mrsc.ie/news/21204.php

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

techdiver wrote: »
    Further to this travel point, does anyone know what Wembley was like last Sunday from a travel point of view?

OH was there and said it was a dream - he got the jubilee to and from Waterloo and had no issues or delays, and he left about 10 mins after the match ended.

Thanks for the background re the trains on Sat, not sure they will be able to sort it for the France game with all the French fans travelling too so will look at options.

I was under the impressions that the fans zones were open and showing the matches throughout the tournament, particularly the ones in central London. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Was looking forward to watching some games in Trafalgar Square over the weekend, but its only a fan zone during the knock out stages.

Anyone have a recommendation of where to watch the England v Wales match on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

We're going to go out to the fanzone near the Olympic Stadium for the England v Wales game.

nc6000 wrote: »
    We're going to go out to the fanzone near the Olympic Stadium for the England v Wales game.

Excellent. Thanks for that. Looks like this will be a good option for taking in the atmosphere. Will head there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

I'm guessing bringing kids into a pub to watch the England v Wales game won't be allowed so this is the best option for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 1st On

Looking at twitter and other social media this evening, seems to be mayhem in Cardiff with the trains again tonight after Australia Fiji game. Need to get to and from Bristol Temple Meads for the France game so looks like this will be a pain . Have tickets booked for specific times but pre-booked seem to be irrelevant according to reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Anybody know if all these delays apply to west bound trains from Cardiff as well? Will be getting to Swansea after QF's, and a little worried by these horror stories!

Although, they should have them ironed out by QF stage....right?

Advertisement