Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

Stheno wrote: »
    Did you read the post above yours????

There isn't any Cat C tickets left the last time I checked

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Flying in to Stanstead next Sunday morning, and hoping to take a bus to Stratford - anyone any idea if I would need to book the bus ticket, or just get it when I arrive.

Really looking forward to this trip!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

vienne86 wrote: »
    Flying in to Stanstead next Sunday morning, and hoping to take a bus to Stratford - anyone any idea if I would need to book the bus ticket, or just get it when I arrive.

Really looking forward to this trip!!!

Head for the bus terminal outside arrivals and you can pay in the office there. terravision are about £ 11 return to Stratford. Train is £ 17 one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheAlbert

sullivlo wrote: »
    The Bedford train. Yeah, the train system didn't seem to be as big of a screw up as it was in Cardiff, but there were still queues. Best bet is probably to leave the ground 10 mins early and guarantee the journey. Or bite the bullet and take a taxi into London to meet your train (Victoria, Farringdon, London Bridge also have direct trains to Gatwick). Taxis were plentiful about a 10 min walk away from the stadium on Stratford High Street (avoid walking towards Westfield shopping centre - hang a right after the fanzone and follow a few signs. You come to a big tunnel thing and if you go thru that it's a few mins up to the high street. Also the DLR light rail station is on Stratford high street (hang a left when you reach the high street - it's just past the gala bingo hall.)

If you're travelling thru kings cross with kids, allow some wiggle room time wise so they can look in the Harry Potter shop. I'm 29 and still love it.

Thanks for this, kids are Harry Potter fans too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Loads of Italy tickets available right now folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

France A,B,C up now also

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

France A,B,C up now also

The only ones which seem to be available, despite what the site says are Cat A. Tried to buy 1 Cat C and said none were available. Same for Cat B.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Only Cat A are actually available despite the other categuories being up. I need an Italy ticket, but I'm not paying £175. And add on £15 for postage. They can shove it. I'll pick one up on the street at match time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Was at the fanzone in Richmond yesterday, I'd advise not going, the queues for beer and and food were genuinely 45 mins plus, not enough bars, not enough people serving.

Too many people turned up last night too, was a queue of about 3 or 4k waiting to get outside and they ended letting them all in after a rush of people broke through barriers and stuff for the England. dangerous stuff.

all in all not a good experience

Was thinking of going there to watch Eng v Aus game next sat night, would it be worthwhile bringing my own drink and getting there early you reckon?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Was thinking of going there to watch Eng v Aus game next sat night, would it be worthwhile bringing my own drink and getting there early you reckon?

Don't think you can bring your own alcohol into them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

yeah you can't bring your in drink in unfortunately. Can imagine they will have learned from their mistake so maybe Saturday will be better planned in regards capacity at least. needs more bars thou

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Back home after the weekend at the Ireland game it was class best weekend ever. 6 of us flew over and meet up with a few more.the atmosphere was unreal at the game 5 pound a drink was a bit steap but what can you do.
    Iam fu1cked after the weekend such a session of drink over the three days.
    The fear is coming and it's going to be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iane87

I doubt you can bring in your own drink. The whole reason they set these fan zones up is to make money. Heineken sponsored!!

I was at Euro 2012 in Poland. there was turn-styles to get in, they searched you for drink. To buy drink inside you first had to buy a credit card and top it up. then go to the bar to buy your drink with the credit card. only heineken available in plastic cups. the bars don't take cash in the fanzones. so if you have credit left over on the cards after a certain length of time the credit goes to them. all about the money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

Loads of tickets for semi finals and various other games available now.

Just got a Cat B for Sunday semi.

I'm really miffed....
    Have a CAT B for QF3 that I'm trying to resell via the ticketing website.

Logged on just now and for the first time ever I see that there are only CAT A available for that game and I think "Great it's finally sold!"
    Alas it has not sold.
    It's showing on my account as currently "for sale".

WELL IT AIN'T VISIBLE AS FOR SALE IS IT:mad::mad:

I'd heard others report the same thing happen to them, but this is the first time I've witnessed it first hand.
    Sneaky fukkers this lot.

kuang1 wrote: »
    I'm really miffed....
    Have a CAT B for QF3 that I'm trying to resell via the ticketing website.

Logged on just now and for the first time ever I see that there are only CAT A available for that game and I think "Great it's finally sold!"
    Alas it has not sold.
    It's showing on my account as currently "for sale".

WELL IT AIN'T VISIBLE AS FOR SALE IS IT:mad::mad:

I'd heard others report the same thing happen to them, but this is the first time I've witnessed it first hand.
    Sneaky fukkers this lot.

When did you put it for resale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tirangapete

shaz2004 wrote: »
    heading over for france game, 4 of us ferry sat morning and staying in swansea,,, last part of plan is organise transport from swansea to cardiff match day return,, reading some of comments here the train option is a nightmare, have been looking up national express bus service, can pre book, bus station nearby, cheap 18 pounds return total for 4, 1 hr from swansea, good times,,, anybody use this service or does it sound too good to be true!!! am expecting delays,, cant seem to find any private bus transfers from swansea seen to be big irish crowd staying there,, any comments appreciated!!

There is two of us staying in swansea sat and Sunday I'm sure between us a mini bus taxi might be the best option send me a direct message

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Amazing how you can buy cat D QF tickets on winner of pool a vs RU b now england have been beaten and might not top the group

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tirangapete

Jello wrote: »
    Did anyone get a bus from Cardiff to Swansea the night of the Canada match on Saturday and how did it work out?

Staying in Swansea for the France match and reckon we'll avoid the train after hearing the horror stories. There's a bus you can pre-book on National Express leaving Cardiff at 23:05.. which should give enough time to enjoy what will be hopefully be a win in Cardiff after the match! Don't imagine the buses being as much of a disaster as the trains were?

We got a taxi wasng too bad 20 each , the soccer boys are playing Poland the night of france game so I'd expect lots of Irish to stay around town till later

We are staying on the mumbles saturday and Sunday

techdiver wrote: »
    When did you put it for resale?

November!
    They're selling the CAT Bs again now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

kuang1 wrote: »
    November!
    They're selling the CAT Bs again now.

Same thing happened to me. They even confirmed to me that they hadn't posted it for sale even though it was listed for sale on my account. They even spelled my name wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

100% on the ticket manipulation. Really saw it the last big sale day they had during the summer - there were far fewer tickets available in the sale than the few days before and after. I'd resales that were held back until after the sale.

Were Cat Bs the cheapest semi tickets available?

Agree re the England fans cashing in already, haven't seen QF1 and 4 tickets for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Right, car booked.

I've 1 if not 2 seats spare from Stanstead to Cardiff on Sat 17th if anyone's looking.

I'll post again closer to time.

Same thing happened to me. They even confirmed to me that they hadn't posted it for sale even though it was listed for sale on my account. They even spelled my name wrong.

Did you get it sorted or were you stuck with the ticket?

I think what they are doing is waiting for all the official tickets to sell out before offering any of the resale ones. I have no evidence to this, it's just a theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Did you get it sorted or were you stuck with the ticket?

I think what they are doing is waiting for all the official tickets to sell out before offering any of the resale ones. I have no evidence to this, it's just a theory.

I told them where to go then got my friend in London to rustle up a mate to use the ticket.

I told them where to go then got my friend in London to rustle up a mate to use the ticket.

That's annoying!

Has anyone here successfully resold a ticket through the official site?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

That's annoying!

Has anyone here successfully resold a ticket through the official site?

Yup. I resold a few tickets without any problems. Tickets went up a few days after I requested a re-sale. One issue was that instead of selling a pair, they broke them up into two separate purchases. Not a problem if they both sell of course.

On another note, BA overbooked our 930pm flight out of Heathrow back to Dublin on Sunday. A small group of us were held back and put in a hotel for the night. The 7am flight home was overbooked too (though a guaranteed spot if you got bumped from the previous night). Thankfully I had the Monday off and got some travel vouchers for my troubles but it annoyed the hell out of other travellers. Not great foresight on a RWC weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Yes, I've had no real issues selling (save a day or two delay on the first batch) and I've sold 6 or 8 now. Most of them have listed quickly, sold immediately and been paid out sharpish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

I've been trying for the last few days but the Italy match must be sold out now. Only the odd single cat A, B ticket comes online and their only single tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Tickets available for all matches now including Cat C for the semis.
    There were even Cat C tickets for the final but I wasn't quick enough!

Advertisement