Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I have heard of one person who got an email saying he was successful in the ballot for two of the irish games. That was a couple of days ago. Haven't heard anything myself yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Blingy wrote: »
    I have heard of one person who got an email saying he was successful in the ballot for two of the irish games. That was a couple of days ago. Haven't heard anything myself yet.

The site was still up and you could check your ballot on Friday. They only took it down on Saturday so doubt they did the ballot before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Zippy1991 wrote: »
    According to the Telegraph, we'll find out on Saturday

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/11175927/England-turn-to-Jonathan-Joseph-for-QBE-autumn-series-after-Manu-Tuilagi-injury.html[/fQUOTE]

I will be checking my email every 5 minutes on Saturday. Really wish I had ticked the box to apply for more than just the cat d tickets

collie0708 wrote: »
    Zippy1991 wrote: »
    According to the Telegraph, we'll find out on Saturday

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/11175927/England-turn-to-Jonathan-Joseph-for-QBE-autumn-series-after-Manu-Tuilagi-injury.html[/fQUOTE]

I will be checking my email every 5 minutes on Saturday. Really wish I had ticked the box to apply for more than just the cat d tickets

Samesies :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Even though I know we won't find out until Saturday, every time I see a new post I get a bit excited and then let down!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 monkel107

I have accomodation and ferry and all booked. I really hope I get at least one set of tickets I went for. If I get nothing I'll be while disappointed. Would the RFU ever hurry up!

Just wondering who you booked the ferry with? Was having a quick luck but didnt think they had relaesed the dates that far in advance yet? Having the same problem with hotels for Cardiff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

So expensive tickets didn't get in the way of demand!!!
    England Rugby 2015, the Organising Committee for Rugby World Cup 2015, can reveal that there was a record level of demand for tickets to next year's tournament. In total 950,000 RWC 2015 tickets were sold in the September general sale.

Applicants who weren't successful in this phase will get priority when remaining tickets go on sale by the end of November
    Applications for 650,000 tickets received for England v Australia in pool stage
    Applications for 500,000 tickets received for Rugby World Cup 2015 Final
    23 out of 48 matches went to ballot at every price category
    All 48 matches went to ballot at entry price categories
    Highest level of demand for tickets for any Rugby World Cup, with 5 million tickets applied for in total
    Tickets were on general sale between September 12 and September 29, 2014, and England Rugby 2015 received applications for more than 5 million tickets, leading to demand exceeding supply at every price category for 23 of the 48 matches. Ballots were run earlier this week for matches and price points where demand for tickets exceeded supply, and ballots were held for at least one price point in every one of the 48 matches.

Rugby fans will be notified of the results of their ticket applications on October 25, and payment will be taken from payment cards from October 27. Rugby fans who did not receive tickets in the ballots will receive priority when tickets go back on sale by the end of November. Full details of the November sale, including the dates, will be announced shortly. Demand for tickets was highest for England v Australia, England v Wales, New Zealand v Argentina and Australia v Wales in the pool stages, and for both semi-finals and the Final.

Incredible demand

Debbie Jevans, Chief Executive Officer of England Rugby 2015 said: “We are thrilled with demand for tickets a year out from the tournament, and the record level of demand we saw in September is a terrific indicator of the general interest and excitement for Rugby World Cup 2015. Demand has exceeded supply for a high number of our matches, and the only downside of such strong demand is that there will inevitably be some disappointment when rugby fans are notified of the results of their applications on Saturday. We would like to thank everyone who applied for tickets and anyone who missed out on tickets this time will get first priority when the remaining tickets go back on sale next month.”

Bernard Lapasset, IRB Chairman, added: “We are delighted with the incredible demand for tickets across the tournament from fans in the UK and around the world. Rugby World Cup is all about the fans and the players and today’s announcement reinforces our belief that Rugby World Cup 2015 will be a very special record-breaking celebration of Rugby and the host nation. It really is too big to miss.”

Sports Minister Helen Grant commented: "In addition to the 950,000 tickets sold in the September sale, 340,000 tickets were sold by England Rugby 2015 to rugby fans through rugby clubs in England and Wales as part of the Rugby Community Programme, while the overall sales figure will increase through the November sale."

Tickets are still available via the official travel and hospitality programmes with official supporter tour package sales currently at more than 160,000 and on track to break the 184,000 record levels achieved for France 2007, underscoring the attraction of the event around the world.

The official hospitality programme is also tracking at record levels with all boxes sold out at Twickenham, Exeter and Brighton. More details on these programmes can be found in the ticketing section of this website.

Read more at http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/news/newsid=2073303.html#922ITCRXWQREpKzS.99

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

monkel107 wrote: »
    Just wondering who you booked the ferry with? Was having a quick luck but didnt think they had relaesed the dates that far in advance yet? Having the same problem with hotels for Cardiff

I booked with Irish Ferries but Stena Line also had dates available that far in advance. I'm staying with a mate so I didn't have to look for hotels

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Feels like the London Olympics ticketing process all over again! We've applied for category B tickets for the Italy game (the match is on my OH's birthday and we live in London so we were very set on that one) and D's for the France game and a couple of other cheaper games around London. The waiting game sucks :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Don't really fancy my chances of getting Cat D tickets for the France match now after reading about the demand being so high. Kind of wish I had ticked the option to go a category higher.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Received an email from RWC and thought I'd gotten tickets! Feck sake it's just the blurb saying lots of demand will know Saturday with money taken Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

I selected the ability to go to a higher category, but if i'm not happy with the draw will i have the option to cancel my order or only take some of the tickets? I can't see anything on the ticketing site that deals with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Time wrote: »
    I selected the ability to go to a higher category, but if i'm not happy with the draw will i have the option to cancel my order or only take some of the tickets? I can't see anything on the ticketing site that deals with this.

I think you will be able to re-sell any tickets you don't need etc on there website next year. We are still waiting on details about it.

I applied for all cat D tickets all the way up to the Final, with the option of increasing my chances. So I am hopeful in getting something. I will either be very happy or disappointed come Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Is there any way of finding out if the category you applied for is gone to ballot or not?
    I've applied for cat C for Ire v Canada (2 adults & 2 kids).

Transport and accommodation is the next obstacle :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I applied for all cat D tickets all the way up to the Final, with the option of increasing my chances. So I am hopeful in getting something. I will either be very happy or disappointed come Saturday!

If you get everything your credit card will melt! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

I think you will be able to re-sell any tickets you don't need etc on there website next year. We are still waiting on details about it.

I could be wrong but i reckon your application will raise a red flag for the reason that there is no pattern as to which team you're supporting and following and it's the type of application a tout would make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I doubt they applied for every single match. Just the ones Ireland may be involved in

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

Anyone think that quarter final tickets would be up for re sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Re accommodation, there's still hotels left for the weekend of the France match in relatively central Cardiff. Book without a deposit now then cancel tomorrow free of charge if you don't get tickets. Booked in Premier Inn North last night for £70 for the Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

I could be wrong but i reckon your application will raise a red flag for the reason that there is no pattern as to which team you're supporting and following and it's the type of application a tout would make.

I probably wasn't too clear and left the important bit out. I would have wanted to win the euromillions tonight if I applied for all Cat D tickets.

I only applied for the matches Ireland will be playing or will possibly be playing in during the knock out stages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭peteroregan

I probably wasn't too clear and left the important bit out. I would have wanted to win the euromillions tonight if I applied for all Cat D tickets.

I only applied for the matches Ireland will be playing or will possibly be playing in during the knock out stages.

Now that makes sense. Not long left now and we'll all soon find out if we'll be traveling next year.

Was hoping the mails would go at midnight last night, if it's midnight tonight it'll be a long day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 baggy13

Im guessing it will be 09.00. I hope so the suspense is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

First thing i did when i woke up was log on to my mails, second was log on here. Its going to be a long day

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cnlbel

i really thought it would be 9am-this is so annoying-prob not till 6 this evening or something!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Ape

If you sign into the RWC website, where you applied for the tickets, and then click on the My Application section, you will find out the outcome of your application. Best of Luck guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

No tickets for me it seems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 baggy13

My application was partially successful i am the proud owner of tickets for both semi finals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Not surprisingly, my application was unsuccessful.

Advertisement