Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Podge_irl wrote: »
    It may have changed, but back in the day there were two ref radio providers (RefTalk and RefLink I think). One was at 96FM and you could listen in on a radio, one was below normal radio frequencies so you had to buy a radio. You can use that radio in all stadia that use the same provider though.

Wll 96 FM works in the Aviva....I've never tried it anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

For anyone that was in Cardiff for the Canadian match, or any of the other matches held there, were there major delays for the trains going to Cardiff before the matches aswell?

I saw all the horror stories about getting back to London after the matches, just wondering if it was the same beforehand. I'm in two minds as to whether or not I should just rent a car from Gatwick for the French match.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Loads up there now including Cat C final and Cat D both semis and all QF's.
    Also Category D for Italy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

adrian522 wrote: »

I can smell the credit card burning from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Cat C bronze final and Cat D have disappeared basically as quickly as they were uploaded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Cat C bronze final and Cat D have disappeared basically as quickly as they were uploaded.

When I posted they were there for the final(A-C) as well as the bronze final (A-D).

Was tempted but didn't pull the trigger, already in for 2 QF's and 2 SF's.

When I posted they were there for the final(A-C) as well as the bronze final (A-D).

Was tempted but didn't pull the trigger, already in for 2 QF's and 2 SF's.

I think you're mistaken. I was on at half 12 when my friend alerted me and final was still sold out, went back on after your post and still sold out.

I'm not, ticket price was £315 for a category C, way more than the Bronze final costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I think you're mistaken. I was on at half 12 when my friend alerted me and final was still sold out, went back on after your post and still sold out.

He's right, I was on at 13.05 as soon as I saw his post and there was A,B,C up for the final but I couldn't add any to my basket so they went immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Got the other 1/4 ticket WC v RU D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

How much were the Cat D for the final?

I'm not, ticket price was £315 for a category C, way more than the Bronze final costs.
    He's right, I was on at 13.05 as soon as I saw his post and there was A,B,C up for the final but I couldn't add any to my basket so they went immediately

Fair enough, the tickets must have only been one or two of each. You'd have to be logged in when they're released to get them.

jdbarry wrote: »
    How much were the Cat D for the final?

£150 if you can get them.

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/site/assets/FixtureList.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

For anyone that was in Cardiff for the Canadian match, or any of the other matches held there, were there major delays for the trains going to Cardiff before the matches aswell?

I saw all the horror stories about getting back to London after the matches, just wondering if it was the same beforehand. I'm in two minds as to whether or not I should just rent a car from Gatwick for the French match.

I arrived in on the Friday so not first hand experience however spoke to a few people about their journey on the Saturday.

Trains were very busy - some people stood the whole way from London. However there were no major delays. The closer the trains go to Cardiff, the busier they were (obviously) with the effect being that trains didn't stop at every station towards the end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Bristol Temple Meads is a terminus for trains to Cardiff right, so should be fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Does anyone have any info about how difficult it was to get the train to Barry after the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

From my reading (social media, etc) and talking to people, the general consensus is, unless you don't mind queuing for 2+ hours and standing the entire way to your destination, avoid the train.

Cardiff just cannot handle the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭llcoolj14

Yes, it effected people going both ways-they didnt have enough trains on and some people missed k/o as a result... I Woudl not expect it to be any better for future games, they have pretty much come out and said

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/rugby-world-cup-2015-thousands-of-fans-travelling-to-ireland-canada-game-hit-with-transport-problems-10509332.html

We have taxis already booked for the return from Cardiff to Bristol for the quarter finals. The fiasco of the Canada game was enough to put us off the train and since there's 6 of us, the cost will be roughly the same as the train.

We have taxis already booked for the return from Cardiff to Bristol for the quarter finals. The fiasco of the Canada game was enough to put us off the train and since there's 6 of us, the cost will be roughly the same as the train.

Any recommendations on who to book with? Trying to book taxis at the moment but not really sure who to use (or if it makes a difference).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Complaints about long queues , missed trains and reserved seats not available at Paddington this morning. I guess it's G.W.R.s acclimatisation training for the return journey!

Walesonline have the story up on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Person hit by a train near Swindon and a truck hit a bridge near Newport. Bit of a 'perfect storm'. Sounds like a lot of people will miss kick off.

Any recommendations on who to book with? Trying to book taxis at the moment but not really sure who to use (or if it makes a difference).

Don't think it makes a difference. I don't know who we used, my friend booked the taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

I hope no other large games are awarded to cardiff until they beef up the infrastructure to deal with it.

Alas, the last things the organisers of these events care about is the travelling supporters and the ordeal and price gouging the endure.

I've used http://www.taxicode.com/ before when getting a cab from Coventry to Manchester at 3am. Was very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Bristol Temple Meads is a terminus for trains to Cardiff right, so should be fine?

Temple Meads is in Bristol Centre

Bristol parkway is out to the North and on the Cardiff to London route

Riskymove wrote: »
    Temple Meads is in Bristol Centre

Bristol parkway is out to the North and on the Cardiff to London route

Aye, knew that. So Parkway will be a nightmare to get on a train, but TM should be grand I assume

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Aye, knew that. So Parkway will be a nightmare to get on a train, but TM should be grand I assume

well there will be a lot of people trying to get to and from Bristol I would have thought

It is usually full of people going to the game

Riskymove wrote: »
    well there will be a lot of people trying to get to and from Bristol I would have thought

It is usually full of people going to the game

Ah yeah, not grand grand, but won't have to deal with London-Cardiff traffic. So shouldn't be a complete nightmare is more what I was thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

From talking to a taxi driver the morning after the Canada game, the train to Bristol wasn't any better. Said he was offered £100 by an Irish couple about 9pm to take them to Bristol Temple Meads.
    A lot of people doing a day trip were flying to Bristol and getting the train to and from Cardiff. Accommodation was a bit cheaper in Bristol too so a lot of people are travelling in the evening after the match.

Advertisement