Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Hmmmm, I was bashing away at the computer trying to get done but to no avail.

Kept at it cause I had a feeling there might have been a few like yourself that would result in them going back into the pot.

Will have to keep an eye out so.
    Apologies...did contemplate the purchase but I have a CAT C for the final secured for myself already.
    But then you have 2 tickets lookin at you and you start to think..."but Ireland might be there...that could be 2 more irish fans...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

maryd26 wrote: »
    More tickets up. Managed to get one for the final, Cat B... after a ridiculous amount of clicking! None left for the final, but a lot of other ones there.

Cheers got a W-D v RU-C for my sister, least she deserves for putting me up!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    It seems that today ,Paddington to Cardiff was Problematic a.m. Cardiff central have re-organised their queuing system ,put on coaches (from the station) to Bristol Parkway ,increased park and ride facilities in Cardiff and have more stewards and signage to help.

The situation seems to have improved a little. I expect Ireland v France will test the new system.

I would recommend keeping updated with G.W.R. ,Arriva trains wales and "Wales on line" twitter accounts. Between those three you should have all the live updates and changes to schedules on match-days heading in and out of Cardiff by road or rail.

Seemed to be very positive from most people on Thursday night - I was on monitoring duty and the reaction on twitter was much more positive.

Loads of buses to Bristol helped - and the queueing system.

Anybody travelling in towards Twickenham today just beware Ascot is on. Heard about delays around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Flying into stansted this evening and want to catch the England v Australia game - anyone know if there is somewhere we can watch it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Flying into stansted this evening and want to catch the England v Australia game - anyone know if there is somewhere we can watch it?

Any decent pub or if travelling while the game is on, download the itv player and you can watch it on your phone. What time are you flying in and where are you heading to?

• Advertisement

Have flown into Stansted loads but have no idea what's around it as I usually run for the stansted express. I have the iPad but would much rather see it in a bar then watch it over 3G/wifi, where no doubt it will stall at an important point! Ha

Land at 8 and heading to Central London. Extpremely poor planning, but was supposed to be working today!

Have flown into Stansted loads but have no idea what's around it as I usually run for the stansted express. I have the iPad but would much rather see it in a bar then watch it over 3G/wifi, where no doubt it will stall at an important point! Ha

Land at 8 and heading to Central London. Extpremely poor planning, but was supposed to be working today!

As far as I remember there is not much around Stansted, probably best to watch it online until you get into Liverpool Street - could basically walk out of that station and there is a number of pubs around the area

Any decent pub or if travelling while the game is on, download the itv player and you can watch it on your phone. What time are you flying in and where are you heading to?
    As far as I remember there is not much around Stansted, probably best to watch it online until you get into Liverpool Street - could basically walk out of that station and there is a number of pubs around the area

Cool. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Should there be a lash of English fans selling off tickets now for the later stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Ticket site is going to crash with the amount of re sales now!

• Advertisement

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Should there be a lash of English fans selling off tickets now for the later stages?

I would imagine so yeah.
    I'm optimistic of getting my hands on a pair of CAT Ds for the final if I'm vigilant (obsessive) enough on the website.

Loads of tickets up lads and lasses...fill your boots!!!!

kuang1 wrote: »
    Loads of tickets up lads and lasses...fill your boots!!!!

I'm logged in, but every time I try to open the tickets page it keeps coming up with an error

was thinking of you actually coz there are D tickets for semis....

kuang1 wrote: »
    was thinking of you actually coz there are D tickets for semis....

Thanks for the tip about tickets. I've picked up a CAT D ticket to the bronze final - I have all bases kinda covered then. Am now on shift with transport for the rest of the Twickenham games, so I get to be and around the stadium on those match days as we aren't required until half time in the game.

If Ireland get past the QF which they should do, then they will either be playing in the Bronze final (lose the SF) or final (win the SF) - of which I will now be there for both - at least the first half if final, though I might go and beg one of the tournament directors if I see her for a ticket for the final if they are gone by then. £515 is outside by budget at the moment!

We were in position 20 mins before the final whistle, shocking the number of people who streamed out of the stadium at that stage. Unreal experience seeing the volume of people coming out, and the transport around there worked really well, shuttle buses into Waterloo.

Now how to figure out how to walk into work on Monday without grinning about England - assuming Ireland beat Italy today!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Just bought cat B for the final. Got a ticket for every potential Ireland game if they continue to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

I've just downgraded to cat d from cat b for the semi. I've posted the cat b for resale.

Has anyone resold tickets that were already received?

I understand you have to post the tickets back. Do you need to put any other reference or information with the ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 IrishRugby93

Many staying in Swansea for irl v France game staying in dragon hotel myself for the weekend just wondering what about options by bus to game anyone hear about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 maryd26

techdiver wrote: »
    I've just downgraded to cat d from cat b for the semi. I've posted the cat b for resale.

Has anyone resold tickets that were already received?

I understand you have to post the tickets back. Do you need to put any other reference or information with the ticket?

You're meant to include your order info or the like with it, but I entirely forgot when I was posting mine back - still resold and received the money back - they have your name on the tickets anyway... You may have to wait until after the tournament to get the money back though at this stage.

Many staying in Swansea for irl v France game staying in dragon hotel myself for the weekend just wondering what about options by bus to game anyone hear about that?

To get the Millennium by 3ish, your options are the train from Swansea or the number 100 bus.

Map link here

Cardiff Central wasn't bad Thursday night, they put on a large number of buses to Bristol which helped alleviate the queues - one or two Welsh sources would have you believe it was ridiculous again, but there is always going to be queueing after a big game

• Advertisement

RWC journey planner is http://journeyplanner.rugbyworldcup.com/

Pretty decent and I think it has in about areas that may be shut to traffic etc

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Heading to Cardiff next Sunday. Flying into Gatwick just after 9. Think we'll probably rent a car. Haven't booked it yet. There is 4 of us so might upgrade to a bigger vehicle if some others wanted in. Might make it cheaper. Its one way only though as we need to be on the half 10 train to Pembroke for the 02:30 ferry back to rosslare. I'm I mad thinking we could catch the football after then get the train?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Picked up one Cat D for the semi anyway. Couldn't get a final ticket in the basket and couldn't keep at it as had to get ready to head in for the match. I'm sure there will be more over the next few days anyway.

Re returning sold tickets, afaik I just threw the tickets in an envelope on their own. I was paid two days later (posted in UK)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭jdbarry

MRTULES wrote:
    Heading to Cardiff next Sunday. Flying into Gatwick just after 9. Think we'll probably rent a car. Haven't booked it yet. There is 4 of us so might upgrade to a bigger vehicle if some others wanted in. Might make it cheaper. Its one way only though as we need to be on the half 10 train to Pembroke for the 02:30 ferry back to rosslare. I'm I mad thinking we could catch the football after then get the train?

I'm on the same flight, was going to rent one myself, so if there is more interest and you do get a bigger vehicle I'd definitely be keen on that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Tickets up now, A-D for all the knockout games semmingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Belt

What's the cheapest way of getting to cardiff for the quarter final at this stage? Looks like Birmingham and train at moment. Friends have a campsite sorted so that's one issue sorted anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Ape

Anyone know why tickets come up on the rwc ticketing website as "limited availability" but when you go on to add a ticket to your basket it says there's no available to match your request?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

The Ape wrote: »
    Anyone know why tickets come up on the rwc ticketing website as "limited availability" but when you go on to add a ticket to your basket it says there's no available to match your request?

They've sold out and haven't updated yet

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Well, not quite, it means they're in someone's basket but not yet paid for. I have managed to get tickets by repeatedly clicking after that message starts coming up.

Also, if you're searching for multiple tickets it will give you that message if there are no pairs, for example, available, but there may be single tickets available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

For those asking about the match radios and their battery life, mine was dying for the last 10 minutes today and it was only the second game I was at.

Also London transport should give Cardiff lessons, in Standsted airport by 8 o'clock!! Highly organised around the station when we got there with lots of staff guiding the way and directing people to different platforms.

Advertisement