Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 The Ape

Anyone used viagogo before? See there's quite a few tickets up for the French game on it... Ive everything booked and sorted for next weekend in Cardiff bar tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

There are Cat Bs on the official website that are cheaper than anything on Viagogo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

The Ape wrote: »
    Anyone used viagogo before? See there's quite a few tickets up for the French game on it... Ive everything booked and sorted for next weekend in Cardiff bar tickets

Haven't used it myself but friend of mine uses it on and off for soccer. Apart from the extra cost he thinks it's great. (He's a Man City fan...do they think like the rest of us?!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

glack wrote: »
    For those asking about the match radios and their battery life, mine was dying for the last 10 minutes today and it was only the second game I was at.

Also London transport should give Cardiff lessons, in Standsted airport by 8 o'clock!! Highly organised around the station when we got there with lots of staff guiding the way and directing people to different platforms.

Cardiff has a new transport plan operational, made major changes so should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

maryd26 wrote: »
    You're meant to include your order info or the like with it, but I entirely forgot when I was posting mine back - still resold and received the money back - they have your name on the tickets anyway... You may have to wait until after the tournament to get the money back though at this stage.
    shanagarry wrote: »
    Picked up one Cat D for the semi anyway. Couldn't get a final ticket in the basket and couldn't keep at it as had to get ready to head in for the match. I'm sure there will be more over the next few days anyway.

Re returning sold tickets, afaik I just threw the tickets in an envelope on their own. I was paid two days later (posted in UK)

Did you just use standard post, registered post or courier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

I returned some earlier a while back using registered post.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

glack wrote: »
    For those asking about the match radios and their battery life, mine was dying for the last 10 minutes today and it was only the second game I was at.

Any way of recharging them? Also how much are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi All,

Have tickets to each Quarter Final in 2 weeks time. Plan on selling tickets for whichever match Ireland aren't in.

Has anyone used the official resale option? If I have to post the original tickets back (assuming they are sold), there won't be enough time to post them back before the match. Presume that's not an issue? ...they just issue new tickets to the new buyer & I post mine back to them?

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi All,

Have tickets to each Quarter Final in 2 weeks time. Plan on selling tickets for whichever match Ireland aren't in.

Has anyone used the official resale option? If I have to post the original tickets back (assuming they are sold), there won't be enough time to post them back before the match. Presume that's not an issue? ...they just issue new tickets to the new buyer & I post mine back to them?

I would "hope" that is the case. It would be unworkable otherwise and would encourage the use of external sites which they don't want.

Our names are on the tickets we buy, so they would issue new ones to the buyer with their name on them. They probably only want you to post them back so you are not trying to run a scam of touting them in duplicate.

My PA posted mine so not 100% sure, but I think they went recorded delivery.

Yes, fresh tickets are issued to the new buyers immediately with a new barcode and the originals are voided, but you have to send them back so you can't sell them again through another means and have some poor person turn up at the game to not be admitted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

My PA posted mine so not 100% sure, but I think they went recorded delivery.

Yes, fresh tickets are issued to the new buyers immediately with a new barcode and the originals are voided, but you have to send them back so you can't sell them again through another means and have some poor person turn up at the game to not be admitted.

Thanks a mill for clarification - presumed this was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

Anyone have any recommendations for watching the Ireland v Poland football game after the French game in Cardiff?

Oh, and meant to add that it's box office collection for tickets bought close to the game.

Also, if you have to do that, give yourself plenty of time - there was still quite a queue yesterday not long before kick off so I'd say a few missed the start.

On an unrelated note, did anyone else notice how they removed the picture of Robshaw on the ticketing website main page under the "TOO BIG TO MISS" banner and replaced it with a ball.

Harsh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

techdiver wrote: »
    On an unrelated note, did anyone else notice how they removed the picture of Robshaw on the ticketing website main page under the "TOO BIG TO MISS" banner and replaced it with a ball.

Harsh!

Still there for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

They're £10 and probably use a button battery that you may or may not be able to change. Definitely not rechargeable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭tmq

Heading to Cardiff this wend for the first time...staying out near Pontypridd sat and Sunday nights. Any tips on getting in and out from there?

I see theres a bus, but it finishes about 11. Would taxis head out there late at night? Any hope of getting one? I'm expecting a fair amount of chaos...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

tmq wrote: »
    Heading to Cardiff this wend for the first time...staying out near Pontypridd sat and Sunday nights. Any tips on getting in and out from there?

I see theres a bus, but it finishes about 11. Would taxis head out there late at night? Any hope of getting one? I'm expecting a fair amount of chaos...

It's just 11 miles so you should be fine, book in advance to ensure a lack of issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Oh, and meant to add that it's box office collection for tickets bought close to the game.

Also, if you have to do that, give yourself plenty of time - there was still quite a queue yesterday not long before kick off so I'd say a few missed the start.

What time does box office open at Shan? I know it has to be the day of your game to collect it, but the earliest I could get that chore out of the way the better on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Anyone have any recommendations for watching the Ireland v Poland football game after the French game in Cardiff?

O'Neils Irish bar. Across the road from the train station and about two minutes walk from the stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

O'Neils Irish bar. Across the road from the train station and about two minutes walk from the stadium.

Guaranteed to be rammers though

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

£10. Not rechargeable but I just had a proper look at mine and discovered that the white bit on the front with the world cups logo twists off to allow for a change of battery. They use a flat CR2450 battery if you wanted to be prepared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Anyone use this resale option on the website.

I logged on and it said my ticket is sold (I had no email notification so didn't know) and that I have to post my ticket back to their headquarters. The only thing is the game is on tomorrow and they won't receive my ticket in time.

Would they have reprinted my ticket for someone else? Hope I can still get my refund.

kuang1 wrote: »
    What time does box office open at Shan? I know it has to be the day of your game to collect it, but the earliest I could get that chore out of the way the better on Sunday.

I'm not sure I'm afraid, I haven't personally had to collect any as I'm UK based.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Is Ireland's QF in Cardiff regardless of the result against France?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

tanko wrote: »
    Is Ireland's QF in Cardiff regardless of the result against France?

Yes. If we lose it's Sat night against NZ, if we win its Sunday afternoon against Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lindaD3

I found a thread on trip advisor it was regarding rugby fans travelling to a country where there is no RWC coverage. Someone shared the following guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lindaD3

Apparently I cant post links. I will share it as soon as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

I'll be releasing a booking I have for this Sunday night just outside Cardiff in a few minutes in case anyone is looking. It's a single room in The Beach House Hotel in Penarth and was £99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

if anyone is looking for accomodation in Cardiff for the QF weekend I may have a spare hotel room for Sat and Sun night if you want to PM me for details

edit - room is gone now - thanks for the many PMs

Advertisement