Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

shanagarry wrote: »
    Dammit anyway, I was stuck in meetings all afternoon. In theory still C & B available, but I can't get them in the basket.

Techdriver, re your earlier qs, have you checked your account to see if your SF tickets are showing as sold there? I resold three (2+1) but only got an email to say send back the single ticket, but when I log in it says they're all sold. They were Cat B and C and sold yesterday after listing them very late Sunday night.

Yeah, I've checked my account. The ticket is still listed as "On Sale".

I'd say it will take a while to sell until all the lower categories are snapped up. I have a couple of weeks anyway. I can't imagine a Cat B for a world cup semi final would go unsold. Hopefully.... :eek:

Edit: I do find it crazy that the ticketing system has the exact same quirk as the one use during the Olympics, i.e. showing tickets as available when they are not. It would be pretty easy to recifiy that within the system itself, so that people would not be getting frustrated chasing ghosts!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

I highly doubt it. Mine may have sold because they were a pair rather than singles. Just be sure to follow up if it drags a bit as one of the other posters had an issue where they made an error and never listed his, so no harm to check on it if it goes a few more days. I guess there are consistently A-C available at the moment so the Cs will have to clear first.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

Hi,

We are arriving at East Midlands at 9 am Friday, then pick up transport. I was looking for somewhere to visit along the way to brake it up. What about cheltenham or gloucester. I see both bring me away from the M50 into Cardiff, would the A48 be slow in the evening. Any help much appreciated. thanks

I know, I have RSI from click clicking on final tickets that are just torturing me. But I have got tickets previously by doing that - I don't know how much of a lag there is between them selling out and the system updating, but some of it is genuinely due to tickets being in baskets but not checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

Hi,

We are arriving at East Midlands at 9 am Friday, then pick up transport. I was looking for somewhere to visit along the way to brake it up. What about cheltenham or gloucester. I see both bring me away from the M50 into Cardiff, would the A48 be slow in the evening. Any help much appreciated. thanks

Bath isn't that far out of the way really.

When driving from Cardiff back to East Midlands after the 2011 Heineken Cup final we swung by there for a few hours.

Parking might be a bit tricky but it's a nice place to visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Are we likely to be semi final 1 or 2 hypothetically? I'll be in England at the time, just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭louis626

buyer95 wrote: »
    Are we likely to be semi final 1 or 2 hypothetically? I'll be in England at the time, just wondering.

Semi Final 2 if we beat France. Lose against France and the route to the final is through SF 1 (and also through the All Blacks!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You going this weekend? I've the same as you and i'm bringing my QF tickets with me to swap/sell if need be afterwards.

This weekend? No. In a bit of a Lancaster situation atm so can't go to them all!

(Probably shouldn't even be going to 1/4's, but fcuk it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

techdiver wrote: »
    Yeah, I've checked my account. The ticket is still listed as "On Sale".

I'd say it will take a while to sell until all the lower categories are snapped up. I have a couple of weeks anyway. I can't imagine a Cat B for a world cup semi final would go unsold. Hopefully.... :eek:

Edit: I do find it crazy that the ticketing system has the exact same quirk as the one use during the Olympics, i.e. showing tickets as available when they are not. It would be pretty easy to recifiy that within the system itself, so that people would not be getting frustrated chasing ghosts!
    They could do with improving the messaging around the scenario your describing but that's about it.

The tickets are technically still available at this stage. They are just in someone's basket so you can't grab them yourself.

A simple message explaining this would be very helpful. I definitely benefited from knowing what's going on and might do the same again if I see some Cat D final tickets do I can downgrade my cat C one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

S.M.B. wrote: »
    They could do with improving the messaging around the scenario your describing but that's about it.

The tickets are technically still available at this stage. They are just in someone's basket so you can't grab them yourself.

It even displays tickets as available even if there are none. It has a different error for both scenarios.

There is no dynamic link between the rendered UI options and availability in the database. It would be simple to implement this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

maryd26 wrote: »
    You're meant to include your order info or the like with it, but I entirely forgot when I was posting mine back - still resold and received the money back - they have your name on the tickets anyway... You may have to wait until after the tournament to get the money back though at this stage.

What address did you post them to?
    qtr final tickets resold, didn't get any email confirming that, but saw that they were gone by checking my ticket account. Never any mention at any stage of having to return them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Travelling over Saturday morning via Stenaline, Rosslare to Fishguard. Anyone else who is going via this route worried about this supposed tail end of a hurricane that is on route?

Anyone with experience of travelling over on the boat know how bad it needs to be for them to cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Travelling over Saturday morning via Stenaline, Rosslare to Fishguard. Anyone else who is going via this route worried about this supposed tail end of a hurricane that is on route?

Anyone with experience of travelling over on the boat know how bad it needs to be for them to cancel?

Have a look at the forecast here - looks like very little risk of it hitting us http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&page=257

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mineofinfo

Does anyone know a place to park a camper or caravan as close to Cardiff city centre as possible.
    I know all campsites are booked out at this stage, but it doesn’t need to be an official camping spot.

All we need is somewhere to park that we can stay (Fri night – Mon morn) where it won’t be clamped/towed or damaged.

A large car park would do, or even if we had to pay a B&B to just park it we would be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

mineofinfo wrote: »
    Does anyone know a place to park a camper or caravan as close to Cardiff city centre as possible.
    I know all campsites are booked out at this stage, but it doesn’t need to be an official camping spot.

All we need is somewhere to park that we can stay (Fri night – Mon morn) where it won’t be clamped/towed or damaged.

A large car park would do, or even if we had to pay a B&B to just park it we would be happy with that.

There was one place that dubal mentioned who said that they would take indefinite numbers - here's the post.

I don't know what it's like in Cardiff but if Bournemouth is anything to go by you will be moved on if you try and park up overnight in a car park that's not designated for camper vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Clearlier wrote: »
    There was one place that dubal mentioned who said that they would take indefinite numbers - here's the post.

I don't know what it's like in Cardiff but if Bournemouth is anything to go by you will be moved on if you try and park up overnight in a car park that's not designated for camper vans.
    Yeah, I've been looking into it recently as we're touring around the UK in between the France game and the quarters and while you might find some car parks that have slots for campervans, you won't be able to stay overnight in them.

It needs to be very, very bad before they cancel the slow ferries. I would be highly surprised at a cancelation this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭otterj

Anyone know what frequency i can listen to the ref commentary in the millennium stadium via my phone?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

otterj wrote: »
    Anyone know what frequency i can listen to the ref commentary in the millennium stadium via my phone?

Think it is a frequency below the normal radio frequency - I tried it in Wembley and no luck. Given those ref radios work in all stadiums, I would assume they are all on the same frequency

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

It takes quite a bit of crap weather for that boat not to sail.. unlike the quick ones. I was on it for Canada match but the sea was real calm.

• Advertisement

Looks likely to track away well south in any case:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2015/ex-hurricane-joaquin

Forecast to be dry but chilly on Sunday (yes, I know the roof is closed).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

shanagarry wrote: »
    (yes, I know the roof is closed).

I've never been to the Millennium Stadium with the roof closed. Does it tend to be warmer in the stadium than outside or roughly the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I've never been to the Millennium Stadium with the roof closed. Does it tend to be warmer in the stadium than outside or roughly the same?

It gets quite close, what with 72,000 boozy rugby fans breathing the same air. Be a bit warmer, but not uncomfortably so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I wore just a short sleeved jersey with a vest under it on the day of the Canada match and I was okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seankb

mineofinfo wrote: »

I was at the heineken cup in cardiff last year we had a camper van and parked in a place called Marconi holiday village just outside cardiff it was a quick taxi drive into cardiff. It's just a field with a toilet and shower blocks and he only opens it for events like rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

sullivlo wrote: »
    I wore just a short sleeved jersey with a vest under it on the day of the Canada match and I was okay!

I'm just expecting it to be several degrees colder for the QFs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I just bought a cat b for the final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I just bought a cat b for the final

how much was it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

duckysauce wrote: »
    how much was it ?

515 pounds. Bit steep but i am going to all of the others and would be gutted to miss out on the final if we were to get there.

Will keep an eye out as i think there will be more tickets and if i can get a cat c or d will resell it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

You'll be able to resell it after the semis no problem if needs be.

Advertisement