Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

It's crazy seeing the price of tickets on third party sites such as viagogo. Nearly every ticket is still pretty much above face value and coupled with the booking fees it goes even higher.

England losing has really hit the third party market. I've no sympathy for people trying to gouge huge prices for tickets anyway. You can still get loads of tickets for face value on the official site.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

I just bought a cat b for the final

Well done! I've a Cat A which really is steep, but I'm also hoping to pick up cheaper tickets, but I haven't quite managed to be in the right place at the right time yet. Did you get it that time last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭otterj

Anything on around Swansea the saturday before the france match ? Whats the main Irish pub people go to there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 QFticketswap

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody is still looking for accommodation for this weekend in Cardiff (check in Saturday the 10th check out Monday the 12th). I have an studio apartment which sleeps 2 people at Centuary Wharf booked but due to a change in work commitments I can't use it now and the booking is non refundable.

They have said I can change the name on the booking, All up the room cost is £320, parking already paid for the two nights is £15 and fee to to change name is £25 which I will cover. PM me if anybody is interested. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I think the official site did a bang up job re ticket sales and resales- hope the touts get shafted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah seems to be very little need for touts. Stadiums are plenty big too. Can't wait to see what it's like after Sunday tho, when then QF/SF routes are confirmed. I wonder how many have bought tickets for multiple games

It seems like the day the games are on make a difference too. All the knockout games on Saturdays seem to have better sales than the Sunday ones. Probably die to neutrals going for the social side of the games too.

I'm a little concerned as I am reselling a cat b for Sunday semi final and it hasn't sold as there seems to be a cut off for what people will pay for these at the moment.

Cat D and C sell quickly, but the Cat B and A aren't shifting at all it looks like.

The lineup of the semi final will dictate a lot. If Ireland get there it will be a sell out no doubt. Argentina won't be great for ticket sales. France, Australia and Wales should be good crowd draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iane87

Heading over this Sat for the France game, just wondering what is the best option for getting Sterling ££. Should I change it here in the Bank or PO. or just take the card over and withdraw from an ATM??
    Opinions??

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭llcoolj14

Good reports from the IRFU fan party last Saturday night which had 1000 in London...

IRFU have a few clips from London up here:
    https://t.co/vtRpHz4Fqr
    https://t.co/Vj9PGHP05Q
    https://t.co/yrXbeFYNMt

Next one is this Saturday in Cardiff, should be of interest to a few who will be in Cardiff for the weekend:
    http://tiny.cc/GreenWCparties

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

iane87 wrote: »
    Heading over this Sat for the France game, just wondering what is the best option for getting Sterling ££. Should I change it here in the Bank or PO. or just take the card over and withdraw from an ATM??
    Opinions??

cheers.

There was previous discussion on it here.

The upshot I think was that is was better to get the cash here, or at least limit your visits to the ATM over there
    So – a withdrawal of £300 (Approx €414 Euro) at at ATM in the UK will cost you ..

Ulster : €14.49 (Free at NatWest or RBS)
    AIB : €14.49
    PTSB: €11.43
    KBC €11.43
    BOI €11.43

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

A bit of a long shot but what the hell......
    Does anyone in here have a spare couch (or even floor) in Cardiff the night of the 17th for two Irish lads? We have tickets for both quarter finals but can't find anywhere reasonable to stay. We have been trying to get something on airbnb but they're going like hotcakes so there must be a load staying the night before. We would contribute to the overall cost and/or cook the pre match breakfast on the Sunday morning. Just looking for somewhere to lay the head.

Cheers,

H

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

A bit of a long shot but what the hell......
    Does anyone in here have a spare couch (or even floor) in Cardiff the night of the 17th for two Irish lads? We have tickets for both quarter finals but can't find anywhere reasonable to stay. We have been trying to get something on airbnb but they're going like hotcakes so there must be a load staying the night before. We would contribute to the overall cost and/or cook the pre match breakfast on the Sunday morning. Just looking for somewhere to lay the head.

Cheers,

H

We're going camp in the the Cardiff Harlequinns Rugby ground. The guy said they have loads of room and will take anyone who comes to them. We're doing it this weekend.

email him at rwc.cardiffquins @ gmail.com

techdiver wrote: »
    It seems like the day the games are on make a difference too. All the knockout games on Saturdays seem to have better sales than the Sunday ones. Probably die to neutrals going for the social side of the games too.

I'm a little concerned as I am reselling a cat b for Sunday semi final and it hasn't sold as there seems to be a cut off for what people will pay for these at the moment.

Cat D and C sell quickly, but the Cat B and A aren't shifting at all it looks like.

The lineup of the semi final will dictate a lot. If Ireland get there it will be a sell out no doubt. Argentina won't be great for ticket sales. France, Australia and Wales should be good crowd draws.

Looks like my ticket has fallen through the cracks.

There are only Cat A left for that semi now and yet my ticket is still showing as "On Sale" under my account (Cat B).

The concept of the ticketing site is very good, but there seems to be too much manual intervention required to operate it.

I've sent them an email to ask wtf is going on.

That's irritating. Luckily mine did sell straight away. They do seem to be having a few issues though - I got an email telling me that my Cat C had been sold and to return that, even though I haven't received it, while I got no email about the Cat Bs, but they show as sold on my account.

I need to email them about it now, before I send back the tickets. Do you have the email address to hand? The supposed Contact Us tab on the FAQ page doesn't exist for me for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

Keep in mind theres millions of tickets being sold, resold tickets could easily have been sold on and processed and delay to update everything instantly

shanagarry wrote: »
    That's irritating. Luckily mine did sell straight away. They do seem to be having a few issues though - I got an email telling me that my Cat C had been sold and to return that, even though I haven't received it, while I got no email about the Cat Bs, but they show as sold on my account.

I need to email them about it now, before I send back the tickets. Do you have the email address to hand? The supposed Contact Us tab on the FAQ page doesn't exist for me for some reason!

Yes, another bug/design flaw. You need to type something into the search box and click ask. The Contact Us tab will then appear.

Otherwise you can send an email to - ticketenquiries@rugbyworldcup.com.

I have a suspicion that they have blocked the sale of lower category ticket temporarily to try and shift some of the Cat A tickets. Seems too convenient that earlier there were Cat A, B, and C available and now only Cat A.

Not fair if true. There should be a first in first out system (based on category). Stuff like that will push people to use the like of viagogo if they are not honest in their dealings.

Thanks for that.

Not beyond the realms of possibility at all. They definitely did it around the big, promoted ticket sales that they had this year. There were far more tickets, particularly lower category ones, available in the days before and after the sale than on the day of the sale. Clearly they were trying to panic people into buying the dearer categories. It's plausible that they have original Cat A releases that they held back and are trying to clear now.

When you posted earlier about your issue, I tried to buy Cat Bs and could get 4 in my basket. It's surprising that they all disappeared so quickly after hanging around for so long if there was a block of four available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ignatius22

folks,

due to a couple of lads pulling out at the last minute, i have seats available on a bus to Cardiff this weekend leaving tomorrow morning from Dublin returning to Rosslare on Monday afternoon. SEATS ONLY NO ACCOMADATION OR MATCH TICKETS. departing from midlands/west

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Leaving this a bit late but any thoughts on best options for getting to Cardiff from Bristol and back again after the game?

It'll be some weekend in Cardiff lads!!
    Wales v Australia
    Ireland v France
    Ireland v Poland
    We'll go wrong!!!! Hon Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Best places to watch the game v Poland in Cardiff?

anywhere you'll get a spot where drink is available close by.
    it'll be shown everywhere. the atmosphere in the city centre will be unreal.

We're going camp in the the Cardiff Harlequinns Rugby ground. The guy said they have loads of room and will take anyone who comes to them. We're doing it this weekend.

email him at rwc.cardiffquins @ gmail.com

Hey,

Did the guy take long to e mail you back or did you contact him some other way? I e mailed him yesterday asking him if there was any room and he hasn't replied.

Cheers,

H

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

It'll be some weekend in Cardiff lads!!
    Wales v Australia
    Ireland v France
    Ireland v Poland
    We'll go wrong!!!! Hon Ireland

Bosnia Wales too on saturday night, a point and they qualify

Just arrive on! they won't turn you away.
    Forest Farm, Forest Farm Rd, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF14 7JH, United Kingdom

Riskymove wrote: »
    Leaving this a bit late but any thoughts on best options for getting to Cardiff from Bristol and back again after the game?

Train, but potential queuing issues. They say they've improved things but I'll believe it when I see it.

Coach - lots of slots are booked up but still some slots available on Megabus and National Express

Taxi - might be worth it if there is a few of you, to get back anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Taxi back to Bristol for next week is costing me 80 quid. Between 4 that's totally worth it to avoid hassle.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Taxi back to Bristol for next week is costing me 80 quid. Between 4 that's totally worth it to avoid hassle.

That's if it gets to you... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

Hey,

Did the guy take long to e mail you back or did you contact him some other way? I e mailed him yesterday asking him if there was any room and he hasn't replied.

Cheers,

H

He did actually take a while to respond, i think he does a lot of bookings all in one go.

Apparently they have loads of space?

I'm not getting there till Saturday morning and have a fairly big tent so I'm a little worried.

• Advertisement

Just arrive on! they won't turn you away.
    Forest Farm, Forest Farm Rd, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF14 7JH, United Kingdom

How sure are you about this? Were you there for the Canada game?

Advertisement