Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

He did actually take a while to respond, i think he does a lot of bookings all in one go.

Apparently they have loads of space?

I'm not getting there till Saturday morning and have a fairly big tent so I'm a little worried.

I presume people will be camping on one of the pitches. How many tents can you fit on a rugby pitch? A lot I'd say. 75,000 seater stadium and not many will be camping. We should be grand as you say but just worried about showing up without nothing official. Have you officially booked with him for this weekend? Let us know how you get on anyway though

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

I presume people will be camping on one of the pitches. How many tents can you fit on a rugby pitch? A lot I'd say. 75,000 seater stadium and not many will be camping. We should be grand as you say but just worried about showing up without nothing official. Have you officially booked with him for this weekend? Let us know how you get on anyway though

I have officially booked with him, he responded with an email after a few days but might be no harm to give him a call
    02920 693552

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

I have officially booked with him, he responded with an email after a few days but might be no harm to give him a call
    02920 693552

Cheers lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

I'm off to see NZ v Tonga at St. James' Park tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

I'm off to see NZ v Tonga at St. James' Park tonight :D

Best fanzone I've ever been in. Was there last week for the England v Oz game. "You can shove your f#$king chariot up your arse"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

shanagarry wrote: »
    Well done! I've a Cat A which really is steep, but I'm also hoping to pick up cheaper tickets, but I haven't quite managed to be in the right place at the right time yet. Did you get it that time last night?
    Yeah just when I posted. Normally I was only checking in the mornings but was chatting to someone about still trying to get a final ticket and just took a notion to check.

There was cat a and cat b there. Couldnt get either in my basket at the time but kept trying to add it and 15 mins later it worked. Obviously someone else had it in their basked and was thinking about it and decided to not pull the trigger.

To that lad i say thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

A, B & C listed as being available for almost every match bar the final at the moment. D for plenty of the matches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Riskymove wrote: »
    Leaving this a bit late but any thoughts on best options for getting to Cardiff from Bristol and back again after the game?

For the return they'll be putting shuttle buses on from the train station to supplement the trains.

Here's an email that I got last night about travelling to Cardiff on Sunday:

Please consider the important information below when travelling to Cardiff for this match.

Please see the updated travel information for the France v Ireland match at Millennium Stadium on Sunday October 11 below.

There are enhanced services for this match including:
    • Additional Park & Ride spaces available for pre-booking here
    • An enhanced queuing system, see revised station queuing map here
    • Additional welfare provisions including portable toilets for those queueing
    • More staff on the ground to provide information and advice at the station
    • Information screens on Wood Street
    • More frequent trains in the first 2 hours after final whistle
    TRAVEL ADVICE
    If you are yet to make your plans for getting to the match please consider travelling by coach as trains will be very busy and demand for Park & Ride is very high:

• National Express is running great value match day specials to some games. You can guarantee your seat on these or their normal services by booking here now
    • Please note Cardiff Bus will be on strike and be running a reduced service please check before you travel.
    If driving:

• Arrive early into the city, many roads in the area will be very busy closer to kick-off on match days due to usual commuter traffic. This includes the M4, which is expected to be very busy west bound toward Newport on the approach to the Brynglas Tunnels from about 4 hours before the match, and the other main approaches into the city
    • Many roads in the city centre will also be subject to closure for periods of time on match day with more localised delays
    • If heading to Park & Ride please follow the signs and leave the M4 at J33
    • If you haven’t pre-booked a parking space there is some availability in the city centre again arrive early
    Please note:
    Spectators who previously booked into Pentwyn / Cardiff East should note that it will now be closed due to industrial action by Cardiff Bus. The site has been moved to The Wave, Pierhead Street, Cardiff Bay CF10 4PH.

There is nothing else you need to do as you have been automatically relocated to this parking site. Please use your existing booking confirmation as proof of purchase.

If travelling by train into Cardiff on match days:

• Travel as early as possible into the city as trains will be very busy closer to kick-off. Travel light and be prepared for some trains to be full to standing. Even if you have booked on a later train, tickets will be valid on earlier trains
    • Once you arrive there’s plenty to see and do in the city including the Fanzone at Cardiff Arms Park
    If travelling by train out of Cardiff after a match:

• More trains have been put on however after the match you may have to queue for a train for up to 2 hours at Cardiff Central Station for some destinations
    • Please wrap up warm on Sunday as the canopies have been taken down to allow more space for queuing lines
    • Why not spend some time in the city including the Fanzone at Cardiff Arms Park before heading back to the station to allow time for queues to disperse, but don’t leave it until your last train as others will be doing the same. The Fanzone closes at 23:00
    • There are different queue lines for different destinations. Please make yourself aware of which side of the station you need to head to after the match by checking the queuing plan here and for information on how the queuing system works. A leaflet will be handed out at the station
    • For those heading to Bristol Parkway - shuttle buses will be operated to supplement trains to Bristol Parkway. The shuttle bus to Bristol Parkway will take about 50 minutes and is likely to be quicker than waiting for a train
    • Remember that Cardiff Queen Street station is closed after the match, please use Cardiff Central Station
    • For those heading to Holyhead for ferries - please be aware there are two trains to get you back to Holyhead - 1926 Holyhead direct service and 2130 change at Crewe for Holyhead. Please plan your journey accordingly
    • If you are not able to get onto the timed train you were booked for, please don’t worry. You will be allowed to use the same ticket on another train but unfortunately your seat cannot be guaranteed. A seat reservation does not mean you can move straight to the front of the queue
    • If you miss onward connections please be assured that train companies will get you home by taxi or shuttle bus
    Please use: www.rugbworldcup.com/travel, www.rugbyworldcup.com/journeyplanner or follow @RWC2015Travel for real time travel updates and advice.

We hope you enjoy the match.
    Rugby World Cup 2015 Transport Team

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Yeah just when I posted. Normally I was only checking in the mornings but was chatting to someone about still trying to get a final ticket and just took a notion to check.

There was cat a and cat b there. Couldnt get either in my basket at the time but kept trying to add it and 15 mins later it worked. Obviously someone else had it in their basked and was thinking about it and decided to not pull the trigger.

To that lad i say thank you!

Yes, I just happened to check yesterday before I left work and I got two single Cat Bs, plus my Cat A sold already. I'll keep looking as time goes on for cheaper. I've Cs and Ds for everything now other than the final, which isn't too bad.

• Advertisement

Just a heads up for anyone not familiar with Bristol - Parkway is the station on the main line rather than the city centre station. It's about 7/8 miles out, near the M4, but there is a link to Temple Meads. For those trying to get a train to Cardiff from Bristol, go to Temple Meads as the trains at Parkway will be jammed by the time they get there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

That's if it gets to you... :pac:

I don't like you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

Folks, any advice on things to do in Cardiff in the down time? I'll be heading over tomorrow afternoon and will be there for most of Monday as well.

Like, the culture n stuff. :pac:

Anyone else getting the circle of doom on the ticketing website? Curious as to why now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

Anyone else getting the circle of doom on the ticketing website? Curious as to why now!

I would say more likely maintenance or something rather than volume.

Yes, unfortunately, nothing new. Did they come back about your SF ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Just had a look nothing there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

Yes, unfortunately, nothing new. Did they come back about your SF ticket?

Yes, suitably vague as to why my ticket wasn't listed yesterday.
    Hello,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can confirm that your ticket is up for sale even though at times it may appear that they are not. Your ticket will be sold when someone wants that particular category.

Kind regards

Doesn't exactly explain why your ticket didn't sell last night then when there were no Cat Bs available!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ryanair stuck on an extra flight next weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

We are flying into Stansted tomorrow evening and staying with friends in Cambridge. Driving to Cardiff from there on Sunday morning. Getting a number of route options between google maps and AA route maps. Whats the best way to go?

I would have assumed down the middle via Oxford and merge onto the M4 at swindon. But they are saying head toward Birmingham and down the M5..... Any recommendations/suggestions?

Also, has anyone bought there DLSR camera to a game in Cardiff? I noticed a few people having them last weekend at the Italy game?

I don't personally know that route, but lots of A roads can be slow going - single carriageway, lots of reduced speed limits etc. They just eat time.

I don't think I'd take the Birmingham option personally, there are often issues in the Birmingham region, particularly on the M6. If you're going motorway I'd be inclined to take the A1(M)-M25-M4 route. The M25 should be fine on a Sunday morning, but do a traffic check before you leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Folks, any advice on things to do in Cardiff in the down time? I'll be heading over tomorrow afternoon and will be there for most of Monday as well.

Like, the culture n stuff. :pac:

Cardiff Castle. I went to the Big Pitt - it's a 30 min drive - great museum that was formerly working mine, brings you down into the mine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

techdiver wrote: »
    Yes, suitably vague as to why my ticket wasn't listed yesterday.

I wouldn't accept that. Something similar happened to me and they told me it was never listed in the first place. If the category isn't for sale, your ticket is not listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

I haven't seen anything about it but would they put the football on the big screen in the fan zone afterwards? Just wondering where people are hoping to watch it?
    Also, I had thought that getting the last train to Fishguard at 22:30 would be alright seeing as they are expecting the heaviest movement of people right after the game but with the football on, will this not lead to a lot more hanging around and making a break for the trains at 21:30 instead of 18:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

MRTULES wrote: »
    Just wondering where people are hoping to watch it?
    Laptop + dongle on the bus back to London :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Do you need to pre book the train from Cardiff to bristol for after the game?

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Do you need to pre book the train from Cardiff to bristol for after the game?

No point in prebooking, you get on when you get to the top of the queue no mater what train you're booked on. Although if you're not getting the train there its probably worth prepurchasing your ticket when its quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

Anyone camping in Cardiff Harlequin's tonight?
    Is it busy?

• Advertisement

45 min queue at Bristol Temple Meads atm

Advertisement