Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,417 ✭✭✭Shedite27

shanagarry wrote: »
    45 min queue at Bristol Temple Meads atm
    Read that and first thought was "surely there's another ATM somewhere"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Twitter is an entertaining read today, lots of similar photos of massive queues and packed carraiages. It's a pretty epic movement of fans today.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Not quite so amusing when you're on those packed trains. Currently stuck outside Cardiff in a sweat box...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Not quite so amusing when you're on those packed trains. Currently stuck outside Cardiff in a sweat box...

Gonna be so worth it when you get there. I hope you have a lovely day when you arrive :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sjb25

I no it don't seem it for you but god damn it I wish I was in that sweat box right now wish I'd gone over ah well maybe the final ha ha

Just hope they get everyone there in time, over 2 and a quarter hours and counting from Bristol so dread to think what the London journey is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

In fairness I didn't say amusing, I said entertaining.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Line out of Paddington was delayed this morning - feel really sorry for all those on transport duty in Cardiff, and the Press team having to try and keep a tab on all the transport issues.

First Great Western decided to do works this morning that ran over time affecting Reading area, Paddington was hit badly this morning around 9ish before the majority of the fans started their journey

• Advertisement

Line out of Paddington was delayed this morning - feel really sorry for all those on transport duty in Cardiff, and the Press team having to try and keep a tab on all the transport issues.

First Great Western decided to do works this morning that ran over time affecting Reading area, Paddington was hit badly this morning around 9ish before the majority of the fans started their journey

Did ye get there on time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Just hope they get everyone there in time, over 2 and a quarter hours and counting from Bristol so dread to think what the London journey is like.

Jaysus, it's what, 40 miles? 2.25+ hours. :eek:
    Hope all got there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Stheno wrote: »
    Did ye get there on time?

Wasn't travelling to it today - was heading to a gaelic game, wasn't ever planning to go because I know how bad the travelling is, plus I had a Twickenham shift last night

Our QF in Cardiff is before the one in Twickenham, so off to the Media Centre in Twickenham to watch it before my shift!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Principal Skinner

Anyone know where to get tickets? Preferably 3 in a row?

Anyone know where to get tickets? Preferably 3 in a row?

check the official site early, as people would be releasing tickets from the other qf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Myself and 2 mates just booked return flights Shannon - Stansted, Sat morn to Mon evening, €100 return. Now to sort out all the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Did anyone drive from Bristol to Cardiff today by any chance? Am bringing the car next week and trying to suss out what traffic is like in/out of Cardiff on match day.

Getting a spin to the match & getting dropped off, so don't have to go looking for parking. Speaking of which, where would be the best place to get dropped off?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Did anyone drive from Bristol to Cardiff today by any chance? Am bringing the car next week and trying to suss out what traffic is like in/out of Cardiff on match day.

Getting a spin to the match & getting dropped off, so don't have to go looking for parking. Speaking of which, where would be the best place to get dropped off?

We drove from London. If you give yourself loads of time, you will get in without any problem. You would need to be thinking 3/4 hours before the game otherwise your going to get congestion on the M4 when you start hitting Wales.

Leaving Cardiff was another matter. Slow moving traffic and shocking slow traffic lights. Takes about an hour and that was 2 hours after the game.

A good sat nav or google maps will help avoiding some of the congestion!

In saying that, glad we hired a car. Made it so much easier and could do everything in out own time. Also helped they gave away, by mistake, our chosen car. They had to up grade us to an Audi Q3!! What a car!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,417 ✭✭✭Shedite27

So any good/bad stories about the trip to Cardiff (for those of us making the trip next weekend). What parts of Cardiff were the best before and after games? Any pubs recommended? Was the fanzone any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Buckets of tickets up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Just got a ticket easily, all games have tickets available now

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PadjoGoat93

Hi lads , anyone know the best way to get to Cardiff on Sunday from Dublin , flights very dear is there any bus companies that bring you on the ferry ? Also what's the craic with picking up tickets over there on the day is it impossible ? Cheers

Jaysus, it's what, 40 miles? 2.25+ hours. :eek:
    Hope all got there.

Took 2h45 in the end from joining the queue in Bristol. I'd have coped with the time it took if the train wasn't so hot. People got off absolutely soaked and I saw a few people throwing up/almost fainting. It was not safe.

Cardiff is brilliant one you get there but it's a nightmare to get in and out of. Got the national express back to Bristol though and that was a dream - they only sell the seats that are available and we were back in comfort in 50 mins.

Kudos to the fantastic bar and restaurant staff in Cardiff too, they really know how to handle an event. The bar staff in particular could teach London a thing or two.

Edited to add that I would have crawled through a fire pit on my hands and knees to be there though. It was an absolute privilege and I've never experienced an atmosphere like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Leaving Cardiff was another matter. Slow moving traffic and shocking slow traffic lights. Takes about an hour and that was 2 hours after the game.
    Was on a 7:45 coach back to London (the first Munster bus out). Absolutely painful trying to get out of Cardiff, but not too bad once we got past Newport. Off in Hammersmith just before midnight and made the last eastbound Piccadilly line train thankfully!

Really enjoyed the match but no particular desire to repeat so many hours on a coach in one day any time soon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Anyone have any luck this morning for thensaturday night game in Cardiff. Says available but can't add them to the basket, should I just keep trying? Was there anyone trying to offload tickets before the game this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Buckets of tickets up now

Says cat c available but can't get any.was there cat d available this am?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Nermal

pc7 wrote: »
    Anyone have any luck this morning for thensaturday night game in Cardiff. Says available but can't add them to the basket, should I just keep trying? Was there anyone trying to offload tickets before the game this week?

Official ticketing site is frustrating to say the least...

Anybody use the park + ride in Cardiff? I'm booked in Cardiff West park + ride this weekend....is it a pain to get to/back from?

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »

I have 1 if you're looking? Listed it for re-sale this morning but let me know if 1 suits you

Advertisement