Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭fungie

Great day yesterday, place was deafening. Just put up tickets for cat B for the quarter final as can't make it next weekend. Should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paidi_ed

8-10 wrote: »
    Anybody use the park + ride in Cardiff? I'm booked in Cardiff West park + ride this weekend....is it a pain to get to/back from?

Interested in the above also, except for Cardiff east car park which is now at The Wave, Pierhead Street, Cardiff Bay instead.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

fungie wrote: »
    Great day yesterday, place was deafening. Just put up tickets for cat B for the quarter final as can't make it next weekend. Should be good!

Semi?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

8-10 wrote: »
    I have 1 if you're looking? Listed it for re-sale this morning but let me know if 1 suits you

Will do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

I have officially booked with him, he responded with an email after a few days but might be no harm to give him a call
    02920 693552

What was it like? I have tried ringing a few times but no answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hi,

Where exactly is the box office for ticket collection at the millennium stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Smurf1971

Lads,

Any experience of getting to Newport from Cardiff Airport? Flying in on Saturday morning with Ryanair and want to drop bags off at the B&B and hotfoot it into Cardiff City Centre to sample the atmosphere for the two QF's that day.

Shortest & quickest route looks to be by taxi but at £55 for the two of us its steep. Can get a bus into Cardiff but need to factor in train journeys out to Newport and back (twice in the one day) and its working our roughly the same.

Anybody done the journey before and know otherwise? Or alternatively looking to do the same journey and can share taxis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Got 2 cat c there. Roll on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Is cardiff not going to be absolute bedlam this weekend with two 1/4 finals

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭millhousegirl

lbj666 wrote: »
    Is cardiff not going to be absolute bedlam this weekend with two 1/4 finals

Hopefully!! Will be some craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

techdiver wrote: »
    Hi,

Where exactly is the box office for ticket collection at the millennium stadium?

If memory serves me right from 2011 it should be next to the WRU shop on Westgate Street

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Anbocmorrua

Yes it will be bedlam^2 but the buzz will be mighty.

Getting in: The train from Swansea to Cardiff filled up nicely along the way with supporters who had travelled early, or the day before. We all had a stress free journey into the centre.

Getting out: Getting the early train back to London after the game meant leaving the match on 75 mins to get a jump on the queue. The queue behind us looked very long. I'd bet interested to know how long the wait was. On the whole, the whole train queueing thing was very well organised and stewarded, like the rest of the event really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Anyone know the best way to get from city centre back to airport after the match Sunday? Also the fight is at 20:10....how long should I leave myself to get to the airport? Would like to soak up some atmosphere after the match if possible. Should have booked the Monday flight instead!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Meatball27

What were the trains back to Swansea like yesterday?they were a nightmare after the Canada match.and where would all the Irish be goin to watch the other quarters in Swansea on Saturday nite?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭fungie

Would it defo be a sell out? bit worried that I won't be able to shift my ticket. A lot of people don't realise you can buy them as there will be so many people looking for a ticket on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Myself and 2 mates just got tickets together there for the Irish game. Travelling early on the Saturday, so if anybody knows of 3 Cat D tickets for the NZ v Fra match there's a very good chance we'll take them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Any camping options in Cardiff for the weekend. Accommodation is expensive. Done same for HCup final in 2011 and was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

What's the best website for booking trains for this weekend, coming up from bath on Saturday morning for both weekend matches in cardiff :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

shaunac93 wrote: »
    What's the best website for booking trains for this weekend, coming up from bath on Saturday morning for both weekend matches in cardiff :)

trainline.co.uk or just nationalrail.co.uk but there is no point booking a train leaving Cardiff as you have to queue anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Podge_irl wrote:
    trainline.co.uk or just nationalrail.co.uk but there is no point booking a train leaving Cardiff as you have to queue anyway.

Thanks for that, thankfully I've accommodation in cardiff for weekend and flying home from there too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Anyone using the park + Ride, the Cardiff west one was a breeze, easy to get to from the m4, bus was waiting, 10min in the bus and you are less than 10min from the millstad

Didn't go back till almost 10pm, buses still running back on the M4 shortly after.

Excellently runo

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Anyone using the park + Ride, the Cardiff west one was a breeze, easy to get to from the m4, bus was waiting, 10min in the bus and you are less than 10min from the millstad

Didn't go back till almost 10pm, buses still running back on the M4 shortly after.

Excellently runo

How was traffic? Have to head back East on Sunday this time, so park and ride is probably the best option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

We were coming/going to the ferry, and the traffic was great, but that was west

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Redpears

Contemplating heading over for the game Sunday , don't have tickets yet tho , have a campervan and I rang Marconi holiday park outside Cardiff today and they said no need to prebook just arrive !

Is it easy get tickets in Cardiff ? Will be keeping an eye on the official site for Resales,cat d would be all I would be able to afford with the cost of the boat and everything

Just wondering where is the best place to go in Cardiff Saturday night /Sunday night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paidi_ed

In case people are looking out for cat d tickets for Saturday night game, just put back up two cat d ones together and also a cat c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Does anyone know if Killester or any other company are running a one day return flight Sunday from Cork? I booked a package with them and requested a Cork flight but it seems to be Dublin only so far. They ran a Cork flight yesterday for the game.

There only seems to be Cat A and B for the semi final when you click on them. Cat C is highlighted but not available when you select them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

paidi_ed wrote: »
    In case people are looking out for cat d tickets for Saturday night game, just put back up two cat d ones together and also a cat c

Will keep an eye out, no sign so far since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Fizman wrote: »
    Will keep an eye out, no sign so far since.

If you go to 'Manage Tickets' you can see the status. First few hours they will have a status of 'Awaiting Release', following that it's 'On Sale'....likely hasn't changed status yet

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Yes it will be bedlam^2 but the buzz will be mighty.

Getting in: The train from Swansea to Cardiff filled up nicely along the way with supporters who had travelled early, or the day before. We all had a stress free journey into the centre.

Getting out: Getting the early train back to London after the game meant leaving the match on 75 mins to get a jump on the queue. The queue behind us looked very long. I'd bet interested to know how long the wait was. On the whole, the whole train queueing thing was very well organised and stewarded, like the rest of the event really.

They made big changes from the first weekend and it seems to have worked better - unlike the idiots in London who decided to do up Paddington, and have engineering works on Sunday morning which overran and caused hassle into and out of Paddington!

• Advertisement

Podge_irl wrote: »

taxi success?

Advertisement