Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Anyone using the park + Ride, the Cardiff west one was a breeze, easy to get to from the m4, bus was waiting, 10min in the bus and you are less than 10min from the millstad

Didn't go back till almost 10pm, buses still running back on the M4 shortly after.

Excellently runo

Thanks for this. Makes me more reassured. I'm booked there Saturday and Sunday. For both days it says the car park closes at 1pm. That can't be right for Saturday surely? The game isn't until 8pm

I want to arrive in Cardiff closer to 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭techdiver

Hey,

I need to book a taxi for 5 from our hotel outside cardiff on Sunday to the match.

Has anyone got a company they can recommend?

Cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

taxi success?

Will let you know on Saturday! It was for this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

techdiver wrote: »
    Hey,

I need to book a taxi for 5 from our hotel outside cardiff on Sunday to the match.

Cheers

Asked sister and she advised: (hasn't taken a taxi in years- she doesn't drink)

That will cost a small fortune...he needs to haggle if he is coming back from match to hotel...they fleece ppl regularly, more so on special wkends

Hey,

Cheers

Have you checked buses- where is hotel?

• Advertisement

Hey,

Cheers

http://www.taxicode.com/ is a national minicab service that I've used before for a long journey (Coventry to Manchester) and it worked for me.

Allowed me to book weeks in advance. Have told Podge to use it this weekend and he's booked, so if anyone else fancies the gamble that would be my suggestion for those aiming for a taxi journey and wanting to be organised in advance.

efb wrote: »
    Have you checked buses- where is hotel?

Caerphilly. Only 8 miles from city.

• Advertisement

She advised about £30 guide price for taxi fare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,417 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm staying out there too (well Rudry, alongside it). Caerphilly has a train line which may be of use. I'm at the mercy of the taxi companies.

Google maps is great too

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm staying out there too (well Rudry, alongside it). Caerphilly has a train line which may be of use. I'm at the mercy of the taxi companies.

Our timings have us a little tight for time, so we probably have no choice but a taxi.

Our timings have us a little tight for time, so we probably have no choice but a taxi.

Check in by phone? Go straight to Cardiff?

Also, a very very important point to note for all travelling.

Always, always, always book taxis. The difference between a metered taxi (hailed on the street) and a minicab journey (phoned in) can be 2x easily. Especially for longer journeys.

Get a phone number for anything local as soon as you're landed in, and always call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Just put a cat b for saturday and a cat a for sunday up on the website for resale. Seems to be plenty of tickets around. Probably won't even be sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Just put cat c ticket for Sundays game there and its for sale at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

I spoke to a colleague earlier who used the park & ride (coming from the London side) and he said it was a dream, and he left quickly after the match.

Re buses, they had some sort of a strike this weekend, and I'm not sure if there are more planned. I don't know the ins and outs of it, but if you are planning on travelling by bus, make sure they will be running.

• Advertisement

Only took 30 mins from registering ticket until it was sold. Managed to bag myself a cat d ticket this morning so sold off the cat c. :-) I managed to get the cat d ticket at 830 this morning so it is possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Finding it tough to come across two Cat D Saturday tickets together. I've had a few single ticket opportunities but no pairs as of yet. Will keep jumping in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Four of us staying in Caerphilly also. We have nothing arranged. Going to see on Sunday morning. Expecting to be heading in at 10.30 ish. Not expecting it to be mental at that stage. Hopefully going to get a taxi from one of the local cab companies in Caerphilly. More worried about getting out of Cardiff on Sat night :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭fungie

Just put a cat b for saturday and a cat a for sunday up on the website for resale. Seems to be plenty of tickets around. Probably won't even be sold out.

I put up 2 cat B for sunday and they were sold in a few hours

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Any Leinster fans thinking of going to the Scarlett's game Friday night? Seems around an hour from Cardiff

Fizman wrote: »
    Finding it tough to come across two Cat D Saturday tickets together. I've had a few single ticket opportunities but no pairs as of yet. Will keep jumping in and out.

Might be tight getting 2 together alright.

Ascii wrote: »
    Four of us staying in Caerphilly also. We have nothing arranged. Going to see on Sunday morning. Expecting to be heading in at 10.30 ish. Not expecting it to be mental at that stage. Hopefully going to get a taxi from one of the local cab companies in Caerphilly. More worried about getting out of Cardiff on Sat night :-)

Surely if you get a cab in book them for return leg?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

efb wrote: »
    Surely if you get a cab in book them for return leg?

we were thinking that...but when you don't know what the crack will be like it hard to know what to do...do we book them for 11pm or 2 am or somewhere in between....decisions decisions decisions...first world problems :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Hi,
    I'm going to London for the weekend and booked train tickets from Paddington for Sunday Morning. What time should I aim to be joining the queue on Sunday morning? The first train is at 7.45am.
    Were the trains getting to Cardiff in the stated 2 hours and twenty minutes?
    Want to make sure I'm in Cardiff at least 90 mins to 2 hours before kickoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭krustycustomer

bristol bed in hostel available for friday PM if interested

Advertisement