Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ascii wrote: »
    we were thinking that...but when you don't know what the crack will be like it hard to know what to do...do we book them for 11pm or 2 am or somewhere in between....decisions decisions decisions...first world problems :-)

Get their number ask about cabs back

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Used Cardiff West P&R last Sunday signposted all the way from Jct 33 on M4
    Lad handing out leaflet advising when last bus is and map of location, it's very well organised.
    Took us bit over 2 hrs to get to Fishguard for ferry afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

shanagarry wrote: »
    Doesn't exactly explain why your ticket didn't sell last night then when there were no Cat Bs available!

BTW, all my resales sold, so they were telling the truth about them being listed.

Was a bit concerned about my Cat B for the semi not selling as I had it listed for over a week, but it finally sold this morning.

Cat D resales sell almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Just cancelled a twin room in Bristol Filton Premier Inn for Saturday and Sunday night. Might be worth having a look or calling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Donie75 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm going to London for the weekend and booked train tickets from Paddington for Sunday Morning. What time should I aim to be joining the queue on Sunday morning? The first train is at 7.45am.
    Were the trains getting to Cardiff in the stated 2 hours and twenty minutes?
    Want to make sure I'm in Cardiff at least 90 mins to 2 hours before kickoff.

I didn't come from London myself on Sunday, so I'm not sure how long it took, but the queues were insane at Paddington (a quick google should bring up some photos). Now, that was somewhat due to overrunning engineering works on the line, but there were a lot of people there regardless. It might be a bit quieter this week though with more travelling on the Saturday. However, my journey from Bristol took 2h45 from joining the fairly reasonable queue at Bristol, for what is a 1h train ride - 45 mins of that was waiting for a free platform at Cardiff. Hence, I think I'd be getting to Paddington early - much better to have time to kill in Cardiff than panicking about getting there in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Has anyone traveled by train from Birmingham to any of the Cardiff matches?

Just wondering if there had been any queues or issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭EachSmallChime

chris85 wrote: »
    Any camping options in Cardiff for the weekend. Accommodation is expensive. Done same for HCup final in 2011 and was great.

I camped in Cardiff Harlequinns rugby ground on sunday night. No need to book, they have loads of room. Only 10 pounds a person. They have a clubhouse with a late bar and extra portaloos.

Make sure you pack for a cold night though! I was frozen!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

I camped in Cardiff Harlequinns rugby ground on sunday night. No need to book, they have loads of room. Only 10 pounds a person. They have a clubhouse with a late bar and extra portaloos.

Make sure you pack for a cold night though! I was frozen!

Any showering facilities on the go?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Any showering facilities on the go?

Yep, separate male and female showers available in the clubhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

KBurke85 wrote: »

Hi, traveled Dub - Birmingham with Ryanair and got the train down and back for the Canada game. There were no queues however I imagine there will be greater numbers descending on Cardiff this weekend. I think it's safe to assume there wont be the same issues as with Paddington

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Anyone in Cardiff or the surrounds thinking of heading to Scarlets on Friday night to get the lenister game...nice way to pass a few hours and wet the appetite for the weekend. We are there from Fri lunchtime till Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

So I just got an email telling me my tickets are getting posted to me, instead of ground collection which was the original idea. DHL then just emailed telling me they are dispatched. Anyone know if I should expect the tomorrow, Thursday or when exactly. Not ideal to be honest. Would rather have had the variable that is the postal service taken out of the equation for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Meatball27

Fizman wrote: »
    So I just got an email telling me my tickets are getting posted to me, instead of ground collection which was the original idea. DHL then just emailed telling me they are dispatched. Anyone know if I should expect the tomorrow, Thursday or when exactly. Not ideal to be honest. Would rather have had the variable that is the postal service taken out of the equation for peace of mind.

I got my tickets 2 days later so should be fine.far better than queuing for ages at the box office

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

1pm kick-off could cause issues for those travelling from London. It was bad enough on Sunday where people had a whole day to travel up.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Well lads , longshot but don't suppose anyone is trekking to pembroke/holyhead for any of the late ferries on Sunday? Was planning to travel Monday but new job means I'm trying to find a way to be back in dublin for Monday morning.. any advice or ideas would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Cat c and d tickets online now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

physioman wrote: »
    Cat c and d tickets online now

Just coming in to say this, was going to get two, but the OH doesn't want to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Meatball27 wrote: »
    I got my tickets 2 days later so should be fine.far better than queuing for ages at the box office

Do you have to sign for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

Was in Caerphilly, last weekend. Train is great depending on how far you are from station.

Taxis on the street are a complete ripoff we paid between £35 to £50 to get home. One guy wanted money up front etc... Only down side of the weekend.

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

physioman wrote: »
    Do you have to sign for them?

They need someone to be there. DHL called me and I was at work, asked if there was a neighbour who could take them so I sent them next door no problem. Don't think there was a signature needed.

When I booked a couple of days ago (different tickets this time), it was box office collection. Now today I got an email saying that's changed and tickets were dispatched today by DHL again!

Last time postage was £15, now no charge so that's good. Much prefer to have the ticket in hand before going over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭millhousegirl

I bought a ticket a few minutes ago. I was able to select a "Print at home option". Very handy, ticket has arrived by email already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just picked up 2 Cat D for NZ v Fra, delighted. Going to be some weekend now!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

KBurke85 wrote: »

I travelled to cardiff from birmingham, was queuing for only 5 minutes then onto a train. Couldn't get a seat but had space in the bit between carriages to sit down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Stheno wrote: »
    Just coming in to say this, was going to get two, but the OH doesn't want to go!

Go stag. You'll be grand.

Well lads , longshot but don't suppose anyone is trekking to pembroke/holyhead for any of the late ferries on Sunday? Was planning to travel Monday but new job means I'm trying to find a way to be back in dublin for Monday morning.. any advice or ideas would be appreciated!

You could probably get a train to Pembroke / Fishguard and try and secure a lift on ferry
    We gave a lad a lift who asked if we had room last Sunday night 2.30am ferry
    Dropped him in Naas and he was going to catch a bus into city from there.
    Not sure if there's any buses connect with early ferry arrivals in Rosslare

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Go stag. You'll be grand.

I'm seriously tempted tbh :D

Trying to figure out how to get there now is what's giving me a headache.

Anyone know how long a train/bus from Holyhead to Cardiff would be?

Stheno wrote: »
    I'm seriously tempted tbh :D

Trying to figure out how to get there now is what's giving me a headache.

Anyone know how long a train/bus from Holyhead to Cardiff would be?

www.nationalrail.co.uk

That won't work so!

Flying in and train/sail back is looking the best option, must check that one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MJD90

Lads, in thinking of going to the semi final in London, fingers crossed Ireland get over Argentina the weekend.

What would be the best way of travelling, I know flying into London would be expensive and I'm trying to avoid that, any recommendations on flying in elsewhere and maybe getting a train down?

Any help would be great.

• Advertisement

MJD90 wrote: »
    Lads, in thinking of going to the semi final in London, fingers crossed Ireland get over Argentina the weekend.

What would be the best way of travelling, I know flying into London would be expensive and I'm trying to avoid that, any recommendations on flying in elsewhere and maybe getting a train down?

Any help would be great.

Have you checked sail and rail with Irish Ferries?

Might work if you don't have to be in work on the Monday?

Advertisement