Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

What's it like getting out of there after the game? Much traffic? Also can I pay on the day? Need to leg it back to Heathrow for last flight home

No idea if you can pay on day, didn't have any problems leaving afterwards but I was heading towards Fishguard if your going towards London there's a P&R Cardiff East

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Podge_irl wrote: »
    They put on extra trains past the official last train but there will be a giant bloody queue.

I'm getting a taxi. Not getting back to Bristol super late just to have to get up early to get back to Cardiff for the Ireland game!

That's what I'm thinking alright. Will be a very quick nap and back again to Cardiff. Only 2 of us so worried how much the taxi would be

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

That's what I'm thinking alright. Will be a very quick nap and back again to Cardiff. Only 2 of us so worried how much the taxi would be

~80 quid if you book in advance.

I'm getting a taxi at 2330. Will be a shame if there is a good craic but Sunday is more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

I've been mulling it over whether to go. Only real travel option is drive to Rosslare, get 9:15pm Saturday ferry. Train at 1:50am gets you into Cardiff at 4am Sunday... I must be mad to be thinking of doing it....anyone go this route before? Any advice.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MJD90

mad m wrote: »
    I've been mulling it over whether to go. Only real travel option is drive to Rosslare, get 9:15pm Saturday ferry. Train at 1:50am gets you into Cardiff at 4am Sunday... I must be mad to be thinking of doing it....anyone go this route before? Any advice.....:rolleyes:

I assume you're going to Fishguard is it? I know an excellent hostel in Fishguard, you could potentially stay there and then get the train the next morning after a good nights sleep. Train literally pulls up outside the stadium.

• Advertisement

MJD90 wrote: »
    I assume you're going to Fishguard is it? I know an excellent hostel in Fishguard, you could potentially stay there and then get the train the next morning after a good nights sleep. Train literally pulls up outside the stadium.

Yeah it's Fishguard, it's the sail n rail deal...My daughter is mad to go also. Haven't even got a bloody ticket!...Anyone got two tickets they want to sell?

Just checked there and it seems that there is no morning trains the next day which is quite surprising.

Go for it, get straight to sleep when you land in Cardiff - get your few hours, the trip is definatly worth it no matter how you get there.

Yeah it's the same for Holyhead. Trains don't start till 9am because it's a Sunday.

Just checked there and it seems that there is no morning trains the next day which is quite surprising.

Go for it, get straight to sleep when you land in Cardiff - get your few hours, the trip is definatly worth it no matter how you get there.

All I need is two tickets beside each other now.....:pac:

All I need is two tickets beside each other now.....:pac:

Try the rugby World Cup website - I checked earlier and I seen two category C tickets available - £150 pound each if you're willing to pay it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah it's Fishguard, it's the sail n rail deal...My daughter is mad to go also. Haven't even got a bloody ticket!...Anyone got two tickets they want to sell?

Keep checking the official site I got 4 cat d together this morning

Do ye reckon category D tickets will crop up for the semi lads?

Also can you sell the tickets back to the website if Ireland don't win for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

Do ye reckon category D tickets will crop up for the semi lads?

Also can you sell the tickets back to the website if Ireland don't win for instance?

Yes and yes.

For your first question, you will need to keep an eye on the ticket site and be sharp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Stheno wrote: »
    For anyone who's been in cardiff are the upper tiers as high up as the aviva?

Cheshire. Mall worth dropping into Cheshire oaks

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭paddy ocon

hi guys would anyone be going back to london sunday evening ?? that 2 of us could get a lift would pay for it. 2 girls btw just incase fyi

Anyone knows of anyone selling semi final tickets on the 25th please let me know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

We got a National Express bus back to Bristol on Sunday night. It was a dream really - just a few minutes walk from the castle, no real queue as they only sell as many tickets as seats, and back in Bristol in 45 mins. It seems to be mostly booked out for Saturday, but the 23.15 is still available if it suits anyone.

Lads if I get buy two tickets on RWC website will they be beside each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

paddy ocon wrote: »
    hi guys would anyone be going back to london sunday evening ?? that 2 of us could get a lift would pay for it. 2 girls btw just incase fyi

I am heading back straight after the match to Heathrow if any interest to you. Be warned, I am a smoker😜

• Advertisement

Lads if I get buy two tickets on RWC website will they be beside each other?

If you are permitted to add multiple tickets to your basket they will be beside each other.

It's actually another weakness of the site that it doesn't allow you to purchase multiple single tickets. Annoying if you are looking for 2 or more and don't care if you sit beside each other.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

NO cat ds and only single cat cs available at the moment for Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

shanagarry wrote: »
    We got a National Express bus back to Bristol on Sunday night. It was a dream really - just a few minutes walk from the castle, no real queue as they only sell as many tickets as seats, and back in Bristol in 45 mins. It seems to be mostly booked out for Saturday, but the 23.15 is still available if it suits anyone.

We did the same back to Swansea, no hassle whatsoever, we got the 23:05 bus back and there were only a few people on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Stheno wrote: »
    NO cat ds and only single cat cs available at the moment for Sunday

Never worry. Look at 830 in the morning. I managed (just about) to resell my 2 cat c and buy 2 cat d. 1st cat c ticket took 10 mins to sell yesterday and second one took a day to sell today. From what I gather is that anyone trying to resell their tickets through the system, their ticket won't go live until the next day if they make it available online after 2pm. So you may have luck getting a cat d viewing the site at 830am.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

Has anyone got the Munster Supporters buses from London and if so what's it like, how long, how busy, I'd want to get on in Hammersmith as opposed to Central London, and what's the story coming back are there big delays?

I had planned to stay over Sunday night with a friend but other stuff means I have to be back in London for Monday am so it's either drive, so no booze, train which I know from Canada is not fun or possibly the MSC bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭munsterrugby09

Lads - a friend of mine got work off at last minute and is heading over with us on Friday. We are going rosslare - pembroke, no problem with that but the return on Monday 14.45 is booked out. Anyone able to help regards this?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We got it for the France game. Buses were delayed getting out of London due to a broken-down Merc in a really bad place on the Euston Road and a crash on the M4. Took probably around four and a half hours to get to Cardiff on the way up. Getting out of Cardiff on the first bus out was a bit slow, traffic was heavy enough up to Newport, but not too bad after that. Killed some time by watching the soccer. Made it back to Hammersmith just on time for the last Piccadilly line train out of there. Solid enough way of doing it and a good mix of Irish fans, just an awful lot of travelling in one day. Probably one of the easier options tbh if you're in London anyway.

For those of you that post back ticket after resale I assume you used the following address:

England Rugby 2015 Customer Service Team
    Resale
    PO Box 798
    Manchester
    M60 1WU

Did any of you use registered post? How did it work with the PO Box?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

We got it for the France game. Buses were delayed getting out of London due to a broken-down Merc in a really bad place on the Euston Road and a crash on the M4. Took probably around four and a half hours to get to Cardiff on the way up. Getting out of Cardiff on the first bus out was a bit slow, traffic was heavy enough up to Newport, but not too bad after that. Killed some time by watching the soccer. Made it back to Hammersmith just on time for the last Piccadilly line train out of there. Solid enough way of doing it and a good mix of Irish fans, just an awful lot of travelling in one day. Probably one of the easier options tbh if you're in London anyway.

It was definitely worth it. The trains were an hour and a half queue from Paddington so I really don't think there was much of a difference. You have a guaranteed seat on the bus as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Lads - a friend of mine got work off at last minute and is heading over with us on Friday. We are going rosslare - pembroke, no problem with that but the return on Monday 14.45 is booked out. Anyone able to help regards this?

Any room on stena boat from Fishguard as a foot passenger ye could drop him off it's only 40mins away.
    Or just take a chance that he can get on if ye turn up early and go to booking office

Advertisement