Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Lads - a friend of mine got work off at last minute and is heading over with us on Friday. We are going rosslare - pembroke, no problem with that but the return on Monday 14.45 is booked out. Anyone able to help regards this?

Taking the train up to Holyhead and ferry from there would probably be cheapest but they could also get a flight from any number of airports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Cat d tickets just online now for sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paidi_ed

techdiver wrote: »
    For those of you that post back ticket after resale I assume you used the following address:

England Rugby 2015 Customer Service Team
    Resale
    PO Box 798
    Manchester
    M60 1WU

Did any of you use registered post? How did it work with the PO Box?

I used registered post to return them. I also emailed RWC website to ask about insuring tickets in case they were lost. They said if the tickets went astray somehow they would be refunded post tournament anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

paidi_ed wrote: »
    I used registered post to return them. I also emailed RWC website to ask about insuring tickets in case they were lost. They said if the tickets went astray somehow they would be refunded post tournament anyway.

Cheers for that.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be harsh to stiff people with the bill in that instance. I'd say the return postage thing is to discourage touting already resold tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

physioman wrote: »
    Cat d tickets just online now for sunday

They seem to be gone...none available when you select them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

mad m wrote: »
    They seem to be gone...none available when you select them.

Still there for me.

Yeah just got two tickets at CAT D ,delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭millb

Looking for 1 or 2 people to share taxi at 9.20 am from Bristol - Warwick Road BS6 6HE to Cardiff on Sunday. Returning at 8pm from Cardiff Hilton hotel...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Question about the resale - if I put my Cat C for the Argies game up on the official website will I only get paid after I post the ticket back? Need the cash for the weekend (ticket is up on toutless if anyone is looking!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

leakyboots wrote: »
    Question about the resale - if I put my Cat C for the Argies game up on the official website will I only get paid after I post the ticket back? Need the cash for the weekend (ticket is up on toutless if anyone is looking!)

You'll only get payment when they receive they receive the physical ticket. Waiting another 10 working days then for payment to your card provided

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Cat C available for the semi final if you keep clicking!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭HankScorpio1985

If anyone is looking for a last minute place to stay in Cardiff on Saturday night. I was originally supposed to stay with them but a friend got us a place with his relative free of charge. I have never met these people but they seemed nice on the phone. They said they'd include breakfast and a lift from the train station and into the match on Sunday morning. I know it's Gumtree but they were only looking for payment on arrival.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/rugby-world-cup-double-room-available/1134570459?utm_source=systemedm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=adreply

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭munsterrugby09

Any room on stena boat from Fishguard as a foot passenger ye could drop him off it's only 40mins away.
    Or just take a chance that he can get on if ye turn up early and go to booking office

He is just going to have to blag his way in or hide in the boot. This weekend will be one for the ages!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

leakyboots wrote: »
    According to the site, yes.

Although there seems to be plenty of tickets for Saturday game now. I've had my Cat C's on sale since Monday evening with no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭munsterrugby09

If anyone is looking for a last minute place to stay in Cardiff on Saturday night. I was originally supposed to stay with them but a friend got us a place with his relative free of charge. I have never met these people but they seemed nice on the phone. They said they'd include breakfast and a lift from the train station and into the match on Sunday morning. I know it's Gumtree but they were only looking for payment on arrival.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/flats-houses/rugby-world-cup-double-room-available/1134570459?utm_source=systemedm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=adreply

I am doing something similar with another family in Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any stories regarding hipflasks in Millenium Stadium last week? Were there checks on the way in? Might need a bit of encouragement to get going early Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Any stories regarding hipflasks in Millenium Stadium last week? Were there checks on the way in? Might need a bit of encouragement to get going early Sunday.

Only backpack/large bags were checked on the way in that I could see, and anyone carrying bottles of anything or food was taken off them. I had a handbag with me and they didn't want to check that, so I imagine if you have a hipflask on your person you should be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Anyone going over from Shannon saturday morning and wants to share a taxi into Cardiff let me know. Also have cat b ticket for saturday and cat a for sunday for sale if anyone interested - face value naturally.

Whats the story with parking in cardiff. I suppose it will be bedlam?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

At the 2011 RWC match V Australia in Eden Park we almost got ejected from the stadium. What really got us was the speed of the incident. The tiny hip flask had barely touched our lips before we had 4-5 security guys on top of us.We were taken to the back of the stadium and made beg to be not kicked out of the ground. Eventually got away with it but the resounding feeling is Heineken have paid good money to fully harvest people once inside the ground and the IRB are enforcing this very strongly.

In terms of checks on the way in you'd have no problems getting a small flask in. I think they have eyes in the sky watching this stuff though so be careful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭timaru89

mad m wrote: »
    Whats the story with parking in cardiff. I suppose it will be bedlam?
    £12 for park and ride from Cardiff City Stadium

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

what about these instead of a hipflask? If you are a man saying you are really a woman transitioning to a man, lol

http://www.amazon.com/Booze-Tubes-Tampon-Wrappers-1-Ounce/dp/B00CLBWRCA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I brought one in the inside pocket of my jacket , no search and was seen by security passing it around and nothing said

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

I am doing the Park & Ride from "the wave" whatever that is on Sunday morning, it opens @9am and is 2.5miles from Millennium stadium with frequent buses. If its a nice morning and I am down early like I plan I might just walk around from there for breakfast etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭robert18

Hello guys just looking for a bit of advice. Group of 6 going this weekend but 2 had to pull out. I relisted the other day and they were bought. Got the wife to post today but she never registered them. Very worried they won't arrive . What happens with refund if the tickets don't get there?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

robert18 wrote: »
    Hello guys just looking for a bit of advice. Group of 6 going this weekend but 2 had to pull out. I relisted the other day and they were bought. Got the wife to post today but she never registered them. Very worried they won't arrive . What happens with refund if the tickets don't get there?
    Thanks
    Normal post is fine. Have done it twice that way myself. No problems.

Thanks just panicking as I gave them their money back already. If they don't arrive surely they still have to refund you.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paidi_ed

robert18 wrote: »
    Thanks just panicking as I gave them their money back already. If they don't arrive surely they still have to refund you.

No need to panic, worse case you'll be refunded after tournament ends. Got this from the rwc website when I asked same question.

"We would advise that tickets are sent back via secure post to ensure that we receive them, you will be refunded within 10 working days of us receiving the tickets back in our office. If you decide not to send the tickets back to us, then your refund will be processed when the tournament has ended."

Thanks that's a relieve I can enjoy the weekend now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Anyone help me with the best way out of Cardiff to Cardiff airport on Sunday? Do the bus services still run as normal or should I get the train? I hear the queues at the stations can be crazy?How long should I give myself to get there?

Advertisement