Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Train 50 min delayed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

Looks like the Ireland v Argentina game is selling the best out of all the other games. Only single Cat B left now.

It'll be pretty much a sell out come Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

techdiver wrote: »
    Looks like the Ireland v Argentina game is selling the best out of all the other games. Only single Cat B left now.

It'll be pretty much a sell out come Sunday.
    Don't forget though that anybody attempting to resell tickets have those tickets removed from the website 48 hours before kick off and are stuck with them as extra tickets.
    I have 2 spare CAT C tickets for Saturday night that I couldn't resell since Monday!!!
    Not optimistic about unloading them either.

Edit: I'm sure there are less people affected this way for our game than for the all blacks game.

kuang1 wrote: »
    Don't forget though that anybody attempting to resell tickets have those tickets removed from the website 48 hours before kick off and are stuck with them as extra tickets.
    I have 2 spare CAT C tickets for Saturday night that I couldn't resell since Monday!!!
    Not optimistic about unloading them either.

Edit: I'm sure there are less people affected this way for our game than for the all blacks game.

They don't get removed until 24 hours before the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

though if you are in Cardiff anyway on the Saturday, who would not want to go to the game?

Dubal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Inauspicious start. Swiss flight overbooked and I've been put on standby...

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Inauspicious start. Swiss flight overbooked and I've been put on standby...

I hope you are being suitably compensated?

Jeasus, I wouldn't want that to happen on an early flight Sunday morning trying to make the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 con moloney

Hi, just found accomodation in Port Talbot, 30 mins by train to Cardiff. Give L&A outdoor centre a buzz on 00441639885509 as the manager told me he has accomodation from £20/night

I hope you are being suitably compensated?

Jeasus, I wouldn't want that to happen on an early flight Sunday morning trying to make the game!

I haven't been completely bumped yet so no. Just have to wait and hope someone fails to turn up...

Will miss my train to Bristol if I'm put on the next flight as it's much later. Least it's only Friday.

They don't get removed until 24 hours before the game.

Email at 8pm last night. I.e. 48 hours before kick off. (And this is the 2nd time I have failed to resell...was 48hours on previous occasion too.)

@dubal
    I am indeed going to the NZ game but still have 2 spare tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

They are still selling tickets to the NZ game so obviously not 48 hours cutoff.

adrian522 wrote: »
    They are still selling tickets to the NZ game so obviously not 48 hours cutoff.

Those are tickets that were never purchased and hence never put back up for resale.
    It's really not that complicated lads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No, My Dad has put tickets up for sale and they have not yet sold so have not yet been taken down.

As you say "It's really not that complicated lads."

No, My Dad has put tickets up for sale and they have not yet sold so have not yet been taken down.

I haven't been completely bumped yet so no. Just have to wait and hope someone fails to turn up...

Will miss my train to Bristol if I'm put on the next flight as it's much later. Least it's only Friday.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/air_travel/compensation_for_overbooked_and_delayed_flights.html#lf7093

Those are tickets that were never purchased and hence never put back up for resale.
    It's really not that complicated lads.

That is at odds with this document:

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/gpctp/site/assets/TicketResaleProgrammeUserGuide.pdf
    Page 10 wrote:
    Any ticket(s) which remains UNSOLD within 24 hours of kick-off will be returned to your account for
    your own use on match day. If your ticket(s) have been returned to England Rugby 2015, you will have the
    opportunity to collect them from the venue box office on the day of the match

I have found on the site where they do say 48 hours. Very inconsistent though. I don't see why they do this, especially since they are doing a "Print at Home" and "Box Office Collection" option.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'll keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you!
    Btw did you get to resell your tickets in time?

Nah I ended up not getting tickets, as the permutations of trying to get back to Dublin City Centre for 8am Monday in a fit state to work and not be knackered were just impossible to work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Stheno wrote: »
    Nah I ended up not getting tickets, as the permutations of trying to get back to Dublin City Centre for 8am Monday in a fit state to work and not be knackered were just impossible to work out.

I know. Getting boat from Rosslare-Fishguard at 9:15pm tomorrow. Arrive at 12:30 am. Sleep in B&B there then drive down to Cardiff. Boat doesnt leave Fishguard till 2:30 am Monday hit Rosslare at 6:30 then drive back to Dublin. My daughter keeps saying its going to be an epic adventure:D

Merci beaucoup.

I'm thankfully on the plane now so crisis averted. Roll on to Cardiff (tomorrow, after getting to London and then Bristol).

Stheno wrote: »

Eh....food poisoning? I mean with the amount of dodgy welsh food you'll eat you might not eve be lying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Eh....food poisoning? I mean with the amount of dodgy welsh food you'll eat you might not eve be lying.

Not turning up for work on Monday is NOT an option, otherwise I'd just have taken the day off :)

I can only tell you what has happened to me on 2 occasions. Bigger fool me assumed that rwc ticketing were applying the same policy to me as to everyone else!
    Ask your dad to go to 'manage my tickets' and see if they still show as 'on sale'. (I'm genuine btw, would love to know if rwc are inconsistent with this.)

I assume they are all resales as this game had previously shown as sold out and this week now all categories are available.

In any case it doesn't look like his tickets are sold. Surprised by this because I thought this would have been the most interesting quarter final.

I assume they are all resales as this game had previously shown as sold out and this week now all categories are available.

In any case it doesn't look like his tickets are sold. Surprised by this because I thought this would have been the most interesting quarter final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I was also under the impression that tickets were removed from re-sale 48hrs before game . that said, I was told my tickets wouldn't go on sale for 72hrs and they were sold within 14 hrs. Go figure!

If you check your account it will tell you whether they have been resold or if you still have the option to withdraw them from sale. I would imagine if you have hit the deadline for resale it would notify you of that scenario.

Some train services in Wales run only once an hour on Sundays so watch yourself with the early kick-off. We had loads of time last Sunday but decided to share an 8 seater with some other fans just too get into Cardiff to soak up as much pre-match atmosphere as we could.

Check out the local taxi numbers , you will have no problem picking up other fans to share an 8/16 seater for 10/20 pounds a head.

Oh, and best of luck to all travelling, last weekend was epic ,go make some noise and C'mon Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I was also under the impression that tickets were removed from re-sale 48hrs before game . that said, I was told my tickets wouldn't go on sale for 72hrs and they were sold within 14 hrs. Go figure!

If you check your account it will tell you whether they have been resold or if you still have the option to withdraw them from sale. I would imagine if you have hit the deadline for resale it would notify you of that scenario.

Some train services in Wales run only once an hour on Sundays so watch yourself with the early kick-off. We had loads of time last Sunday but decided to share an 8 seater with some other fans just too get into Cardiff to soak up as much pre-match atmosphere as we could.

Check out the local taxi numbers , you will have no problem picking up other fans to share an 8/16 seater for 10/20 pounds a head.

Oh, and best of luck to all travelling, last weekend was epic ,go make some noise and C'mon Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

I am starting to get itchy and think that getting semi final tickets would be a good idea. I have been to all the games so far and would be a shame to miss out on the next step should they win on Sunday. Whatever about getting lucky with getting tickets, the flights are gone crazy. May have to start researching other options. Swimming is always an option!!

Yeah definitely. Will be interesting to see how many empty seats will be there tomorrow night.

What they've been doing over the last 6 months is drip-releasing tickets in batches. It's a good way to minimise touts getting to corner the market. So matches that had frequently been 'currently unavailable' would suddenly have CAT A,B,C and D tickets available in vast quantities.

Problem I have with that though is you're led to believe that your very lucky in April to have 2 CAT A tickets (not beside each other) to see QF2...then on the Wednesday evening before the game you can buy 4 CAT Ds together!!
    And with no hope of reselling your CAT As!!!

Flying to Birmingham at 6:25 tomorrow morning... Don't mind the early start, because it's nearer, can't wait !

Dubal

• Advertisement

I forgot to add, the fan zone will be full as the Welsh will be there in numbers to watch the Welsh game. They count numbers so when it's full they don't let more in.

Be early!

Dubsl

Advertisement