Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hope all those coming from London get in on time. Queues look ridiculous from this morning. Hope they have some refreshments.

Fanzine packed already. Atmosphere is going to be immense. COYBIG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

This thread might be a bit quieter now

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Ah well. Great craic was had. The weekend I had in Cardiff on the opening weekend was unreal and last weekend looked even better.

By a lonely prison wall, I heard a young girl calling.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MJD90

Was in Cardiff last weekend for the match, an atmosphere and the craic before and after we'll never forget. Gutted today - support was great again - well done all.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

So anyone any idea on which ferry goes to Japan in 2019 ?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

My Ireland Rugby World Cup Record:
    Games: 2
    Opponents: 1
    Wins: 0
    Losses: 2
    Eliminations: 2

Plus a change...

(Also All Blacks trounce France in non Ireland match attended)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

My record of going to Irish (sporting) away games:

Euro 2012, Spain 4 - 0 Ireland
    RWC 2015, Argentina 43 - 20 Ireland

Common denominators = my presence + a very somber rendition of The Fields of Athenry at final whistle.

I think I'll stop going to games, and I think we need a new tune :(

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Gutted, this wasn't how the script was supposed to go.

And today's humour isn't being helped by the crappy ticketing site. First I logged in to my account to find that one of my SF1 tickets, which I listed for resale on 11th Oct and was showing as sold during the week wasn't even listed for resale today.

Now I'm trying to resell my OH's final ticket and it's telling me that the ticket isn't eligible for resale. Has anyone had that message before? Would it have anything to do with logging in to both accounts from the same IP address?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Going back next week for the Semi Final(aus v arg). I'm actually relieved to be able to watch a game without the nerves. Haunted I got Cat C tickets! Should be a good game

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

connundrum wrote: »

Common denominators = my presence + a very somber rendition of The Fields of Athenry at final whistle.

If i bump into you at a game in future.....

6jtpSF6.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

connundrum wrote: »

There was a chap sat next to me yesterday and every time he went for a drink we'd score. I didn't have the heart to ask him to stay outside after he paid £250 for a ticket. That said, If I ever seen him or you at a match I'd tell the cops you were ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

If i bump into you at a game in future.....

6jtpSF6.gif
    CZ 453 wrote: »
    There was a chap sat next to me yesterday and every time he went for a drink we'd score. I didn't have the heart to ask him to stay outside after he paid £250 for a ticket. That said, If I ever seen him or you at a match I'd tell the cops you were ISIS.

I'll invest my unused travel/ticket money in a state of the art home cinema system. We always win when I'm at home.

Problem solved, IRFU. No need for that review now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Got home at 9am from Fishguard this morning, it was my daughters first game to see Ireland live. Pity they had to get beaten as expectations were high. But she said she will never forget the build up and atmosphere of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Can't find the remote control . I've looked down the back of the sofa, but, no sign of the bloody thing!

Should I take a chance on it turning up before next weekends matches or order a new one ( I think it's 3 day delivery). Jeez, there's always something!

Btw, loads of tickets available now for the Argentina /Aus. semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone any idea on where to sell my semi final tickets on? Aussie rugby site or forum maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

So anyone got flights for Japan 2019 booked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

shanagarry wrote: »
    Gutted, this wasn't how the script was supposed to go.

And today's humour isn't being helped by the crappy ticketing site. First I logged in to my account to find that one of my SF1 tickets, which I listed for resale on 11th Oct and was showing as sold during the week wasn't even listed for resale today.

Now I'm trying to resell my OH's final ticket and it's telling me that the ticket isn't eligible for resale. Has anyone had that message before? Would it have anything to do with logging in to both accounts from the same IP address?

I sold back three tickets last week. I got two confirmation e-mails that they were sold ( as they went as a single and a pair). You should have similar if your ticket was sold. And a reference number .

Not sure why your O.H.s ticket isn't eligble for re-sale, I would ring the official number given for enquiries.

Hope that's of some help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

TheDoctor wrote: »

In line with the Boats ,trains planes and automobiles of the last 4 weeks
    Looking at Bus to Moscow
    Trans Siberian Express to China
    Ferry to Japan
    Will take a week and a new liver but the craic will be mighty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

We have an office in China so I will move there again during the world cup

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sold on my semi final tickets, tough decision but £250 is a lot for 2 games I'm not that bothered about who wins. Both games could be good, but both could also be not great.

I'm sure it would be good craic around Twickenham but the Bank Balance says no after last weekend in Cardiff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

adrian522 wrote: »
    Sold on my semi final tickets, tough decision but £250 is a lot for 2 games I'm not that bothered about who wins. Both games could be good, but both could also be not great.

I'm sure it would be good craic around Twickenham but the Bank Balance says no after last weekend in Cardiff.

I sold my semi ticket too.

I'm going to the final, so couldn't justify the expense of the semi as well. Lost out on flight booking. Got my taxes back only.

I'm trying to downgrade from a Cat C to a Cat D for the final. Narrowly missed out this morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What airline did you get taxes back with, I assumed the fees would be more than whatever tax you'd get back.

adrian522 wrote: »
    What airline did you get taxes back with, I assumed the fees would be more than whatever tax you'd get back.

British Airways. Charged €15 fee, but one of the flights was Heathrow, so that €50+ in taxes. Got €67 back for a return flight DUB-LHR and LCY-DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Heard fans outside the MS the other day selling tickets for £60. Cat Ds were 95. If you're in London and fancy seeing a game, I'd suggest heading down to Twickenham and negotiating. Touts are getting fleeced!

Put my final and semi ticket up for resale. Not confident in getting rid of semias there is so many there. Could be 300down the drain

Put my final and semi ticket up for resale. Not confident in getting rid of semias there is so many there. Could be 300down the drain

Fingers crossed it will sell. Do you know anyone in London/anyone going to the game you could post the ticket to in case it doesn't sell? They could try and sell it at the game for under face value to get something back.

There seems to be a large batch available today.

I put my Cat D for sale yesterday and it sold within a few hours.

What category for the final are you selling?

techdiver wrote: »
    Fingers crossed it will sell. Do you know anyone in London/anyone going to the game you could post the ticket to in case it doesn't sell? They could try and sell it at the game for under face value to get something back.

There seems to be a large batch available today.

I put my Cat D for sale yesterday and it sold within a few hours.

What category for the final are you selling?

Category b/ I know your looking for a d. Yeah hopefully get some cash back at least the cash for the final ticket will be a bonus

Category b/ I know your looking for a d. Yeah hopefully get some cash back at least the cash for the final ticket will be a bonus

The final ticket will sell no problem. It's one of those showpiece events people will go to and London is the best city in the World to need neutrals with deep pockets.

The problem for the semis is that the lineup is categorically the worst possible from a potential sales point of view. It would have actually been handy if the official site would allow you to sell tickets below face value.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

TheDoctor wrote: »

Can see Ireland being drawn in a group with Japan and Argentina but no need to worry , Ireland will be confident on the back of a losing Lions tour that contained 4 Irish players who were tremendous in loss.

Time to speed up, move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

I am trying to sell my Semi Final ticket. They say it takes up to 72 hours for them to go on sale. I badly need this sale to go through......:(

Advertisement