Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

I've given up on securing cat D tickets for the final. Am going to the Saracens London Irish game instead. Kickoff 1pm.

I havent! I have secured 2 pairs of CAT Cs for the final (originally only able to get couple of singles but sold them back once I got the pairs seated together).
    I fully expect there to be CAT Ds available between now and next week albeit for very brief periods. And will sell back my CAT Cs if lucky enough to nab CAT D pairs.
    I'll be checking the website v regularly from Saturday evening on!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

kuang1 wrote: »
    I havent! I have secured 2 pairs of CAT Cs for the final (originally only able to get couple of singles but sold them back once I got the pairs seated together).
    I fully expect there to be CAT Ds available between now and next week albeit for very brief periods. And will sell back my CAT Cs if lucky enough to nab CAT D pairs.
    I'll be checking the website v regularly from Saturday evening on!

I got a pair of CAT Ds for the final on Wednesday so the girlfriend is coming with now as well. The only downside is that the flights are far more expensive now that what they were when I booked mine! But we'll probably never go again so we just bit the bullet.

Don't give up hope because there will be a decent chance more will come up I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

llcoolj14 wrote: »
    Not sure I'd trust the site to be accurate at all really...I've had x2 Cat C for Sunday semi final up since Monday (a pair) and they still havnt sold, so no idea what it would have only been singles available when you looked yesterday.

Im hoping they have extended the cut-off for sales as they not allow a print at home option...having been at all the Irish games to date and a few others, no real interest in Sundays game now. Way over priced for a Cat C to begin with, let alone when your team isnt playing!

Yes, hasn't run very well at all in the latter stages, I've had all sorts of issues. Didn't sell that Cat C anyway, £215 down the swanny. I had a Cat D with it, so that sold, so not much fun in just one of us going for the sake of it. I don't think I could deal with the torture of that anyway, all still too raw. The tickets are just too dear for the teams that made it through - neutral rugby fans have been priced out of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Fez101

I got an email saying my 2 cat C tickets didn't sell so I can use them, but there are no cat C's left for sale and when i looked. There are still other category tickets are for sale, but I could only add cat A tickets to the basket, so whats going on? I returned my tickets anyway as I'am not interested in attending, still hoping they get sold mind, even its within the 48h window.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Fez101 wrote: »
    I got an email saying my 2 cat C tickets didn't sell so I can use them, but there are no cat C's left for sale and when i looked. There are still other category tickets are for sale, but I could only add cat A tickets to the basket, so whats going on? I returned my tickets anyway as I'am not interested in attending, still hoping they get sold mind, even its within the 48h window.
    A mate rang a few hours ago when he couldn't put Cat B tickets in his basket yet his didn't sell. He was told they are no longer available for resale.

Sounds like an easy excuse but it must be close to the cut off point.

• Advertisement

All resale tickets are withdrawn from sale 48 hours before the game. Any tickets on sale now are originals that have never been sold (they drip release them)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Amazes me that people with tickets aren't interested in going to a rugby world cup semi final to see the best teams in the world

8-10 wrote: »
    Amazes me that people with tickets aren't interested in going to a rugby world cup semi final to see the best teams in the world

For some, the likes of £215 (or £430 for a pair) for a seat behind the goal is enough of a sum to outweigh the thrill of being at a semi final, and would rather a refund.

Right now availability for the final is v good, so long as you're willing to pay a minimum of £515 a ticket.
    For that money I'd expect to be helicoptered to and from the game, given a roast dinner, free booze and a meet and greet after the game!
    Daft s*** altogether.

Btw, a D ticket I had for tomorrow's semi final is a better seat than a C ticket I have for the final; both on the Upper tier, both on 10 metre lines, but the C ticket was 11 rows back, the D ticket 6 rows back.
    Clearly, (as if there was any doubt at this stage, and you could argue England Rugby are entitled to do this) seat distribution amongst the 4 categories gets significantly manipulated depending on demand for each game.
    Game not selling well? Increase the number of cheaper tickets to make it more appealing.
    Game selling well? Decrease the number of cheaper seats available.
    Supply and demand...basic business model etc.
    I'd have liked a little more transparency though.

For some, the likes of £215 (or £430 for a pair) for a seat behind the goal is enough of a sum to outweigh the thrill of being at a semi final, and would rather a refund

Then don't buy one to start with. Strikes me of Irish bandwagoners rather than real rugby fans. And it's not on here im talking about. Have had conversations with people in work who are complaining about not being able to sell their ticket for Australia v Argentina even though they have it bought and travel booked! It's as if they're being asked to go to something terrible that they weren't expecting. Suck it up and go watch an awesome rugby game. You're not going to get many opportunities to go to a World Cup semi

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why people would want to sell their tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭techdiver

Then don't buy one to start with. Strikes me of Irish bandwagoners rather than real rugby fans. And it's not on here im talking about. Have had conversations with people in work who are complaining about not being able to sell their ticket for Australia v Argentina even though they have it bought and travel booked! It's as if they're being asked to go to something terrible that they weren't expecting. Suck it up and go watch an awesome rugby game. You're not going to get many opportunities to go to a World Cup semi

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why people would want to sell their tickets

I'm sorry but that's crap.

The cost associated in travelling (flights + hotel + tickets + spending money) is crazy. If you sell your ticket, you only have to suck up the flight cost and even the taxes are refundable. Most hotels can be cancelled and you will save on spending money also.

Sacrificing a few weeks pay to see Ireland in a World Cup semi final is a big difference to travelling to see 2 neutral teams playing.

I go to all the Ireland home games (that I can get tickets to) and sometimes travel to away fixtures if I can afford it. I travelled to the Romania game, I travelled last weekend (crazy expensive), I had tickets for this weekend which I sold and I am going to the final (I couldn't justify travelling to both). I would not judge anyone for dropping out.

Here is a breakdown of what this weekend would have cost if I went versus what I am saving.

Ticket - €173 (£125)
    Return Flight - €190
    2 nights hotel - €250
    Spending Money - €200 - €300 approx (this includes internal travel, food and drink).

So in total for one person the cost for the trip would be €813 - €913!

The only cost I had to eat for cancelling was the flight, but I got €67 retuned in taxes. So by not travelling I am saving €746 - €846!

• Advertisement

I hope it is 'just you' as I find your post beyond insulting. As a couple we've spent £840 on tickets alone for the matches we've been to. Add the cost of multiple trips to Cardiff and London on top of that. At that, we're UK based - people travelling from home have spent a hell of a lot more.

Going to the semi final and the final 'for the craic' would cost us around £1600. Good for you if you have that kind of cash to spend on two days out, but I think you need a reality check as to what that means to a normal person. If ireland had made it I would have figured something out, but I have better things like my wedding and a trip to Paris for the Munster game to spend my money on.

As for your bandwagoner comment (and I despise the term) buying tickets in advance in the hope that your team will make, and taking on the risk that you won't be able to get your money back is the very opposite of what you're insinuating.

Btw, you're welcome to my unsold ticket for tomorrow. Get yourself here and you can have it - after all, going to a semi is worth it at any cost.

shanagarry wrote: »
    Btw, you're welcome to my unsold ticket for tomorrow. Get yourself here and you can have it - after all, going to a semi is worth it at any cost.

I didn't say at any cost. My point is if you could afford it if Ireland are in it then you can afford it if they're not. So you might as well enjoy it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

By that logic you should go to every game, no matter when Ireland get knocked out?

As a Leinster fan I've been to quarters, semis and finals in europe, home and away. Am I not a real fan because I didn't go to last years knock out games because Leinster weren't involved?

Some crazy logic you've got there.

adrian522 wrote: »
    By that logic you should go to every game, no matter when Ireland get knocked out?

As a Leinster fan I've been to quarters, semis and finals in europe, home and away. Am I not a real fan because I didn't go to last years knock out games because Leinster weren't involved?

Some crazy logic you've got there.

I have no idea why you wouldn't go to a game you bought a ticket for. If you don't want to go don't buy one. I'm not saying anything about being a real fan.

Anyway enjoy the semi today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well, I bought tickets to both quarter finals intending to only go to one, bought tickets to both semi's intending to go to only one if Ireland were involved.

Let me put it another way, if you were an Argentina fan looking for a ticket you'd be desperately hoping for a fan of one of the beaten teams would be willing to sell their ticket. If everyone took your logic the stands would be full of neutrals which would kill the atmosphere, while fans of the actual teams are watching outside in pubs.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well, I bought tickets to both quarter finals intending to only go to one, bought tickets to both semi's intending to go to only one if Ireland were involved.

Let me put it another way, if you were an Argentina fan looking for a ticket you'd be desperately hoping for a fan of one of the beaten teams would be willing to sell their ticket. If everyone took your logic the stands would be full of neutrals which would kill the atmosphere, while fans of the actual teams are watching outside in pubs.

No I get that and again it's not people on here. As I said there's people I work with who are complaining that they can't sell their tickets for tomorrow and are actually just not going to go.

These are people who are willing to sell their ticket but are getting in a huff that Argentina fans aren't buying. I was willing to sell my own quarter final ticket but no NZ or France fan decided to buy. So I went to the game. It was pretty amazing to be honest.

Much better having people in the stadium than empty seats if you're talking about killing an atmosphere

You have a point alright. Maybe I'm just jealous!

I have no idea why you wouldn't go to a game you bought a ticket for. If you don't want to go don't buy one. I'm not saying anything about being a real fan.

Well yes you did, actually.
    Then don't buy one to start with. Strikes me of Irish bandwagoners rather than real rugby fans.

Your 'logic' implies that I would get the same enjoyment out of watching Australia v Argentina as I would from watching Ireland, which is nonsense.

I don't have an endless supply of money - if I went to the semi/final I would have to sacrifice doing other things. I would make the sacrifice to watch Ireland, I would choose the other things over a day out watching the team that beat us in a semi.

But clearly if you can't process that now after being told multiple times by different people, you never will, so I'll leave it at that.

shanagarry wrote: »

I don't have an endless supply of money - if I went to the semi/final I would have to sacrifice doing other things. I would make the sacrifice to watch Ireland, I would choose the other things over a day out watching the team that beat us in a semi.

But clearly if you can't process that now after being told multiple times by different people, you never will, so I'll leave it at that.

That's very defeatest! If you can get the ticket who can go then that's great. You're definitely not in a huff like the person I'm talking about. Their attitude is that the Argentinians and Australians are ungrateful for not buying more tickets.

That's very defeatest! If you can get the ticket who can go then that's great. You're definitely not in a huff like the person I'm talking about. Their attitude is that the Argentinians and Australians are ungrateful for not buying more tickets.

No, you're changing the focus of your argument as you realise you dug a little hole for yourself.

Someone unable to resell a ticket who is annoyed at those of whom are not buying it and bailing them out, is a very different point to some of the earlier claims you made.

No, you're changing the focus of your argument as you realise you dug a little hole for yourself.

Someone unable to resell a ticket who is annoyed at those of whom are not buying it and bailing them out, is a very different point to some of the earlier claims you made.

Ok fair enough. I take it back

• Advertisement

Ok fair enough. I take it back

You have my utmost respect for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

A lot of Irish fans there yesterday. The Argies created some bit of atmosphere. 80,000 in attendance. Hopefully the final will sell out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No Cat D for final and can't seem to B cat c, are world rugby protecting me from myself lol

efb wrote: »
    No Cat D for final and can't seem to B cat c, are world rugby protecting me from myself lol

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a release of Cat D's as I would have expected after the weekend. Either the SA and Argentina supporters didn't purchase tickets for the final, or they are going to go anyway.

I have a Cat C and was trying to downgrade. Doesn't look like it's going to happen now though.

If you are looking for Cat C, they do seem to come up more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

techdiver wrote: »
    Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a release of Cat D's as I would have expected after the weekend. Either the SA and Argentina supporters didn't purchase tickets for the final, or they are going to go anyway.

I have a Cat C and was trying to downgrade. Doesn't look like it's going to happen now though.

If you are looking for Cat C, they do seem to come up more often.

It's more like I shouldn't but I'm tempted

efb wrote: »
    It's more like I shouldn't but I'm tempted

I'll be the devil on your shoulder.... Go on, do it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mackes

Just got a cat d ticket for the final... There seem to be some coming on stream now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

mackes wrote: »
    Just got a cat d ticket for the final... There seem to be some coming on stream now

Clicking away here and no luck

Got 4 CAT Ds at 6.37pm tonight for final.
    Can't believe my luck. Now reselling my 2 pairs of CAT Cs and all 4 of us get to sit together. Thank you ticket Gods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Does anyone know how long it takes to get refunded money from ticket sales. I resold ticket through system and it stated that ticket was refunded 6 days ago but hasn't reached my account yet.

Advertisement