Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weights plan Req - Retirement from sport, beginning of good the good life.

Options
  • 04-06-2014 8:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭

I have had my latest visit to the surgeon and eventually come to the realization that I will not be playing sport (as I know it) again.

I have had two surgery's for complete ruptures of my right Achilles tendon in the past three years and then following come back of sorts, the team was short and I was in terrible shape, I snapped my left Achilles completely. I had surgery in Nov 13. My GF and employer are delighted by this as in the few comeback games I also managed to get my teeth damaged and a lovely facial scare.

I am very out of shape. I am still not allowed jog so cardio will have to be the bike and the pool. If anyone does read this they will slate me in relation to the lack of lifts relating to quads/legs I do. I (as a teen/young adult) lifted allot focusing on explosive power from my legs, I have humungous tigh's, I wear through jeans and suits at an alarming rate and need to get the latter made for me. This also skews the perception of my weight as I am allot heavier than I look.

Day 1 stats:

182cm
    105kg
    Age 32
    I can do 5 day's a week training (mornings)

I am joining the gym today and if anyone reading this has any good plans or pointers please help a newbie out. I have done numerous pre season weights in the past 14 years playing but each trainer has their own routine and they have blended into one.

My goal is to lose fat and gain muscle. I trained very hard in my in the past to bulk up as the game changed and I was dealing with bigger lads however now there is no need for it. I just want to be able to reduce the load on my lower limbs and be able to play with my daughter without aching.

This is mainly an aid for myself. but please be critical if you see anything which may help. I am no stranger to strict diet and supplements so that is my first port of call. I am trying for clean diet within reason and have stocked up on zero carb protien shakes, aminos and L-carnitine.

Advertisement