Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering for Powering Rewards

Options
  • 04-06-2014 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭

I work as a volunteer in my local Citizens Advice Office.   Yesterday an elderly gent came into us, and asked us could we register him for Powering Rewards as he wanted to use his €10 Supervalu discount voucher for his electricity account.    I tried to register him, but as he had no mobile phone and no email address, I was unable to do so.

He was quite upset about this, so I promised him that I'd contact you and see what, if anything, can  can be done to facilitate him.

Maybe you could let me know what can be done for him, because I just KNOW that Electric Ireland wouldn't want to discriminate against its older, non-PC literate customers, now would ye?

(I can PM you his contact details and EI account number if required)

Cheers,

Terry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hello Terry,

I have put your query to the Rewards team.

Unfortunately, customers cannot register for Powering Rewards without an email address - they need to be able to log in, in order to redeem offers/vouchers.

What is done though is: people set up Powering Rewards accounts on behalf of those who do not use computers, with an email address they have created for them (this is more advisable than using their own email address).

Typing "0" ten times into the mobile phone field eliminates the need for an actual telephone number.

If a customer has a Powering Rewards account set up for them by someone else and then has a Powering Rewards query on their own Electric Ireland account, they would need to telephone Electric Ireland Customer Service with this query as only the account-holder can be spoken to. If they give authorisation on the call for the account to be discussed with another party though, this can be honoured for them no problem, once the other person contacts Electric Ireland also, to say they are happy to be added to the account.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Thanks Una.

As advised, I have created an email address for my client.

However when I attempted to register him, Powering Rewards refused, saying "We could not register your Electric Ireland account number: 9##9##3##"

I have checked with the customer that the account number is correct, that it's a domestic account and that it is in his own name.   Any suggestions, please?

Terry

Hi again Terry,

Nine characters is correct, and all Electric Ireland account numbers begin with "90".

The cause of an account number not being accepted (besides an incorrect digit) would be if the account was closed - can you check with this gentleman that it is the number of his current Electric Ireland account which he is providing? As customers can have previous closed accounts.

Regards,
    Una

Hi again Terry,

Nine characters is correct, and all Electric Ireland account numbers begin with "90".

The cause of an account number not being accepted (besides an incorrect digit) would be if the account was closed - can you check with this gentleman that it is the number of his current Electric Ireland account which he is providing? As customers can have previous closed accounts.

Regards,
    Una
    Hi Una,

he read me the account number from his latest EI bill, so I assume that it's his current one!

I have e-mailed your Powering Rewards colleagues with his EI A/c number so hopefully they can help me.

Cheers,

Terry

Hi again Terry,

As you have confirmed, the account number has the correct number of digits and starts with 9, and it is an active/domestic account - the only thing I can advise therefore is to check that there isn't maybe an incorrect digit. That is the only other reason the Powering Rewards registration page would reject an account number.
    Dashes within the account number or spaces within it/at the end of it would cause rejection of it also, but you seem to have indicated you just entered the nine digits consecutively.

Hope it is resolved soon.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Hi again Terry,

As you have confirmed, the account number has the correct number of digits and starts with 9, and it is an active/domestic account - the only thing I can advise therefore is to check that there isn't maybe an incorrect digit. That is the only other reason the Powering Rewards registration page would reject an account number.
    Dashes within the account number or spaces within it/at the end of it would cause rejection of it also, but you seem to have indicated you just entered the nine digits consecutively.

Hope it is resolved soon.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Thanks Una.  

Your pals in Powering Rewards contacted him and it's all sorted now!    Seemingly, one of his neighbours had already registered him, something that he forgot to tell me!!!     :mad:

Still, all's well that ends well!

Terry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Squatter, thanks for letting us know, we appreciate that! 

If there's anything else we can help with here on Boards, Powering Rewards-related or otherwise, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Regards,
    David

Advertisement