Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillbillys stoping Tuesday specials

Options
  • 04-06-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

A sad day for Cork, used to be like a pilgrimage for us back in College.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

FFS, Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The corpulent fun police have probably decided its too big an opportunity to get fatter and complained that Hillbillys are forcing them to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

A sad day for Cork???? Is it as sad as when the city flooded again recently, as sad as when the plane crashed in Cork airport a few years ago? Or is it as sad as when the recession hit and half our retail units ended up as empty shells?
    Not really sad for Cork then is it? More so, a sad day for patrons of this chicken shop really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

murphym7 wrote: »
    A sad day for Cork???? Is it as sad as when the city flooded again recently, as sad as when the plane crashed in Cork airport a few years ago? Or is it as sad as when the recession hit and half our retail units ended up as empty shells?
    Not really sad for Cork then is it? More so, a sad day for patrons of this chicken shop really.

Nobody said that. Calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Read this, left thread but had to come back. Would you ever get over yourself?? Are you really that mad at someone for joking about a chipper to attack them? Obviously his comment was not in the same context as a bloody plane crash. If you can't see the difference between the two, well its a sad day for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I remember forgetting about the Tuesday special one say recently (hadn;t been to HB is years) and just ordering what I though was a snack box. Back to the canteen at work where I get that joy of seeing two! Admittedly I began to regret it a tad about 5 minuters after finishing the second lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

gimmick wrote: »
    The corpulent fun police have probably decided its too big an opportunity to get fatter and complained that Hillbillys are forcing them to eat.

Really, I thought it was aliens. Or else the bankers.. they messed everything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

It was a sad day for Cork when you were born..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Sad news for Cork and its Chicken lovers :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

For the love of God, is nothing sacred? I'm a wreck here after hearing the news and I don't even live in Cork anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

pat graces have it still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

In fairness, I think that's what the OP meant - Wouldn't you agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

mikeym wrote: »
    Sad news for Cork and its Chicken lovers :(

Careful now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

gufc21 wrote: »
    Careful now

Down with that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I've heard of Taco Tuesday, but never Chicken Chewsday....

Hold on there just a minute, you're telling me the mod of Cork City never heard of Hillbillys Tuesday Special ? Do you know how to get to Pana boi ?

stylie wrote: »
    Hold on there just a minute, you're telling me the mod of Cork City never heard of Hillbillys Tuesday Special ? Do you know how to get to Pana boi ?

I'm a blow in - only been in cork for 17 years, give us a chance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Have I missed the last Tuesday?

• Advertisement

Yes last Tuesday was in facto their last time doing the special.

Yes last Tuesday was in facto their last time doing the special.

What exactly was a Tuesday Special

Two snackboxes for the price of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Two snackboxes for the price of one.

What's in a snackbox, and what's the price of one?

Larks tongues, Wrens livers, Chaffinch brains, Jaguars' earlobes and Wolf nipple chips @0.01138btc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Larks tongues, Wrens livers, Chaffinch brains, Jaguars' earlobes and Wolf nipple chips @0.01138btc

In direct competition with Burger King then...I see.

Advertisement