Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15 June Raheny Midsummer 4 Mile in Aid of Childline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

Saw this advertised in the gym in Raheny. Having it on Father's Day though

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

Fathers are more than welcome.

Non fathers also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

I, as a non father will be entering this race. Never will I have a better chance to put Ann Doyle in her place :p. I also hear that a certain dragon from a certain televised den is going to be running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

AND you get a finishers' rain cape. Perfect for the Irish summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one, sounds like it could be fun though. St Anne's is usually an enjoyable place to run anyway.

• Advertisement

Also, calling all kids, there are two kids' races on Sunday as well:

Children's Races:
    500m for 8-12 year olds at 10.30am;
    1km for 13-16 year olds at 10.40 Entry on the day for 5 euro

be there by 10 for sign up etc

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

HelenAnne wrote: »

Children's Races:

be there by 10 for sign up etc

HelenAnne. Do you know where the u12's run will be held. My daughter who has never run a race in her life is tempted so I was going to show her what 500m looks like before Sunday. Not that I'm a pushy parent!

Might even do the 4m myself. Great cause.

Thanks

Ferris B wrote: »
    HelenAnne. Do you know where the u12's run will be held. My daughter who has never run a race in her life is tempted so I was going to show her what 500m looks like before Sunday. Not that I'm a pushy parent!

Might even do the 4m myself. Great cause.

Thanks

I'll double check, but I would say down the main avenue. I will check and come back. Registration is just up near the kids' playground at the end of the main avenue from 9.30 on, anyway.

There are now THREE kids' races:

Originally Posted by HelenAnne View Post

Children's Races:
    Short dash 5-7 Year olds at 10.15

be there by 9.30 ish for sign up etc

the races start at the Red Stables end of the avenue. Not sure of the exact route, but on the paths at that end of the park. There's car parking behind the Red Stables so come in that Entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 SliM Dedalus

Anyone know if it's possible to sign up for the 4 mile on the day?

• Advertisement

Anyone know if it's possible to sign up for the 4 mile on the day?

Only saw this now! Yes it was possible. Hope you came down.

ferris B, did your daughter race?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

HelenAnne wrote: »

ferris B, did your daughter race?

The two of them did and had a ball in their first ever race. Took 3rd and 4th in girls category (8-12) so proud father today.:) It was great to watch the kids races, particularly the u 8s. Well done to all the organisers. Thanks.

Ferris B wrote: »
    The two of them did and had a ball in their first ever race. Took 3rd and 4th in girls category (8-12) so proud father today.:) It was great to watch the kids races, particularly the u 8s. Well done to all the organisers. Thanks.

Brilliant!! Delighted they enjoyed it! I definitely met your daughter then as I was in charge of pulling aside the first three girls and keeping them together for photos etc. I was also at the sign up table. Really glad they enjoyed it -- it's so nice to see the kids enjoying the races.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

• Registered Users Posts: 20 runner44

My daughter told me I came first in the O55. Did I miss out on a toaster or iron!

runner44 wrote: »
    My daughter told me I came first in the O55. Did I miss out on a toaster or iron!

Well done!! I believe the over 50s prize was some kind of weird webcam, so you may have missed something like that ... or an iron.

It's the honour & glory that counts!

Advertisement