Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couples Counselling.. last chance :(

Options
  • 04-06-2014 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi All,

myself and my partner have been having alot of issues over the last year,
    We have a child and we have been together for 5 years.
    We are on a list for couples counselling... cant come soon enough!

Is there anyone out there that has tried the couple counselling and if so, did you find it beneficial? we are basically just friends living together at the moment but we argue a few times a week.... need to try everything as we have a child together,

Dire straights :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Yes and it worked for us. It helped us figure out a better way to conduct our relationship and to adapt to new situations and stresses.

I recommend it heartily

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I'm reluctant to reply, but if you're looking for honesty then my own experience of couples counselling is that it did not work for me and an ex. BUT I firmly believe that it was because my partner was closed to the idea and had already given up on the relationship. There are a lot of success stories, so hopefully that is more the norm. I just wanted to share this with you though because it's important that both people involved really want to resolve things and really put in the effort. Without that I don't think there is much point...

The best of luck with it though, it's definitely worth doing. Even if things don't work out, you'll know that you tried your best by exploring all avenues.

Advertisement