Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais refund

Options
  • 04-06-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭

Customer of bord gais for a number of years, moved to get a discount and foolishly assumed that i was still on the preferential rates after two years with them.

It turns out that they up your rates without telling you which may well be hidden in their t&cs but i feel its bad form.

Anyway I left them to get a better rate else where,but i had a credit balance on my account as I pay a few € each week against it and the balance comes out via DD.

I get a letter stating that there is a refund due of €50, but that I have to ring them in order to get it it back. I do so and they set up a refund to my bank.

i asked them why do I have to ring them to get money due to me and why isnt it an automatic refund to my account or a cheque sent out to the address?

Its just the way we have it set up they say, and anyone that doesnt call them, their money just sits there in their account.

Funny that they are very quick to take money from your account but not to refund it it seems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Shelflife wrote: »
    Customer of bord gais for a number of years, moved to get a discount and foolishly assumed that i was still on the preferential rates after two years with them.

It turns out that they up your rates without telling you which may well be hidden in their t&cs but i feel its bad form.

Anyway I left them to get a better rate else where,but i had a credit balance on my account as I pay a few € each week against it and the balance comes out via DD.

I get a letter stating that there is a refund due of €50, but that I have to ring them in order to get it it back. I do so and they set up a refund to my bank.

i asked them why do I have to ring them to get money due to me and why isnt it an automatic refund to my account or a cheque sent out to the address?

Its just the way we have it set up they say, and anyone that doesnt call them, their money just sits there in their account.

Funny that they are very quick to take money from your account but not to refund it it seems.

What if you had moved away and closed your bank account?

Advertisement