Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

potsy11 wrote: »
    I'm thinking coast road, Ringsend, up the quays, through the park and out you go to dublin west. T2 in the park.

Would it be a good idea to put the tattoo on my calf or my forehead. I gather that as it's an ironman event I will be able to tell everyone that I'm an ironman? Much like the women's mini marathon.
    Doesnt matter. Most people will think it was the same as tough mudder anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Oryx wrote: »

I'm going to be on the bike course fvcking paint on riders "it's one of these colour run things isn't it"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

micar wrote: »
    apparently, due to open within the next 2 weeks - possibly Monday 17th.

that would be my luck opens just before payday. How fast do people expect this is fill up?

scheister wrote: »
    that would be my luck opens just before payday. How fast do people expect this is fill up?

A few months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

hhhhmmm, that route is a total buzz kill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

miller82 wrote: »
    hhhhmmm, that route is a total buzz kill

only if that is the route....

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

Oryx wrote: »

Ha ha.. love it..

"oh you race triathlons?... I jumped over a few mucky hay bales while running a 5k once"

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

I think i've been looking at this all wrong. I initially thought why bother doing an Ironman event at home and just do one of the domestic Middle Distance races but there should be a real buzz at this with hopefully a lot of international participation/spectators.. entry fee is still mad though..

"Hey guys where should we have the run?"
    "Well the main population centre is Dublin, and the most popular long run location for athletes there is the Phoenix park, and all the other Dublin triathlons are there, and the duathlons, and the big running races - so I think that the athletes would LOVE to have another race on the exact same trails, sure isn't that why people enter a race? To compete on the exact same routes that they always see. Sure isn't that why the foreign races are so unpopular. And sure everyone can go to the zoo afterwards."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

scheister wrote: »

I would say there is a good chance ( and I hope not ) it will sell out as fast as when the lost sheep opens. As somebdy mentioned over 10 000 people have pre registered.

in numbers its less than 1 hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

poster1978.jpg

peter kern wrote: »
    I would say there is a good chance ( and I hope not ) it will sell out as fast as when the lost sheep opens. As somebdy mentioned over 10 000 people have pre registered.

in numbers its less than 1 hour.

yea this is my worry

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

no sign yet im getting emails this past week saying Pula is open Kona is opened all for 70.3 Pula is on in Sept and Dublin is on Aug but still no sign of registation being opened

Pula is at a cost of 199 euro.

Ironman, i would guess, has a fair idea what the convertion rate of people pre registering and people entering is and which races they need to promote.

I would bet 50 euro that dublin sells out in 1 day

I would also bet 20 euro that Pula will be one of the last 3 european races from the IM brand to sell out.

Ironman, i would guess, has a fair idea what the convertion rate of people registering and people and entering is and which races they need to promote.

I would bet 50 euro that dublin sells out in 1 day

I would also bet 20 euro that Pula will be one of the last 3 european races from the IM brand to sell out.

I will take that bet Peter.

€50 that 24 hours and 1 minute after opening there are still slots. Agreed?

tunney wrote: »
    I will take that bet Peter.

€50 that 24 hours and 1 minute after opening there are still slots. Agreed?

its on
    ps I do win if the race never opens registration ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

its on
    ps I do win if the race never opens registration ;-)

Jumping in as TO, surely if the race doesn't open it would be Tunney's Money as his scepticism on the race would deserve it!! ;-O

Podge83 wrote: »
    Jumping in as TO, surely if the race doesn't open it would be Tunney's Money as his scepticism on the race would deserve it!! ;-O

Being honest now, with the new proposed route of West Dublin and Phoenix park I can see the race happening. The original route that everyone said would be class was the main issue I saw with the race. West Dublin and phoenix park no issue. Make sure the race is on a Sunday and everyone is off the bike by noon and sure the locals wouldn't even have gotten out of bed to know that the roads were closed.

tunney wrote: »
    Being honest now, with the new proposed route of West Dublin and Phoenix park I can see the race happening. The original route that everyone said would be class was the main issue I saw with the race. West Dublin and phoenix park no issue. Make sure the race is on a Sunday and everyone is off the bike by noon and sure the locals wouldn't even have gotten out of bed to know that the roads were closed.

Was thinking about that route too. The Centre City would also be freed up early as the early part of the cycle route through the City would be finished with very early.

Is the finish in Merrion Square or in PP - if its Merrion Square it'll mean South Quays (probably) closed for good part of the day.

Of course, we have the race run and won without the slightest sign of an announcement re course!!

Was thinking about that route too. The Centre City would also be freed up early as the early part of the cycle route through the City would be finished with very early.

Is the finish in Merrion Square or in PP - if its Merrion Square it'll mean South Quays (probably) closed for good part of the day.

Of course, we have the race run and won without the slightest sign of an announcement re course!!

All in the PP is where I would put my money

• Advertisement

ok i agree if tunney promises to make me a no dublin ironman 70.3 car bumper sticker.in case it never opens ;-)

ok I go with the idea that if we have heard nothing yet this ain't opening up in the morning so the wait continue

All quiet on the Eastern Front - Tunney is on his way the shops already!! Now what can I buy for €50.00?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Registration to open next Tuesday (Monday if you pre-registered)
    Not up on the site yet but just got a mail from Ironman saying as much

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jnk883

And we are one step closer

As one of the athletes pre-registered for IRONMAN 70.3 Dublin, we are giving you priority access to a place in the event. Entries will open to pre-registered athletes on Monday 24th November at 10am GMT (11 am CET) and you will have 24 hours to secure a place in the event on a first come, first served basis. You will be asked to select from two options, Ireland Resident or Non-Ireland Resident, please select the appropriate category depending on your country of residence.

More than 11,000 people have pre-registered for IRONMAN 70.3 Dublin, we anticipate places will sell out very quickly. Please follow the link below from 10am GMT (11 am CET) on Monday to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

IRONMAN 70.3 Dublin –
    Your exclusive chance to register!

As one of the athletes pre-registered for IRONMAN 70.3 Dublin, we are giving you priority access to a place in the event. Entries will open to pre-registered athletes on Monday 24th November at 10am GMT (11 am CET) and you will have 24 hours to secure a place in the event on a first come, first served basis. You will be asked to select from two options, Ireland Resident or Non-Ireland Resident, please select the appropriate category depending on your country of residence.

More than 11,000 people have pre-registered for IRONMAN 70.3 Dublin, we anticipate places will sell out very quickly. Please follow the link below from 10am GMT (11 am CET) on Monday to register.

Public entries open at 10am GMT (11 am CET) on Tuesday 25th November if there are any general entry places remaining. IRONMAN have a number of partners who are able to guarantee places in the event, please see options and links below

Email from Ironman with link to pre register but the link doesn't work until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Just got the email too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

For Sale: One password to the early registration on the 24th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

Apart from "pricey" or "expensive" anyone any idea on what price this might be pitched at ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

For Sale: One password to the early registration on the 24th :)

2 passwords, say, €100 ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement