Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Apart from "pricey" or "expensive" anyone any idea on what price this might be pitched at ?

2.50euro per km?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Suspected it was happening, had heard rumours that they are putting the North American "swim break" rafts in on the swim and that sort confirmed it was real for me. Least they know their target market.

(In NA races there are swim break rafts where participants can get out of the water and have a nice sit down (or lie down) as a break during the IM and HIM swims)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Surprised the course is still not out yet!

But what interests me most is the Tunny vs Peter_Kern bet...

Will the Monday be considered as the first day or Tuesday? :D

Monday is the first day, if as Peter suggests it will sell out on pre-reg then Monday is the first day

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Still no official course announcement though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

AKW wrote: »
    2 passwords, say, €100 ?

100 pesos and it's yours. 2 things put me off making this my half debut
    The lad tommy tanking into the river and
    'Never get the first version of a device, never marry your first girlfriend, and never ever do the first iteration of a race.'

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jnk883

I'd find it hard to sign up without knowing the course, and the price......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

100 pesos and it's yours. 2 things put me off making this my half debut

Feck that, I'm selling not buying!! :rolleyes:
    'Never get the first version of a device, never marry your first girlfriend, and never ever do the first iteration of a race.'

Wise words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

i havent got my e-mail. definitely pre-registerd.

If for some reason i dont get it..... can i be first in line if someone isnt using theres ??

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭frazzledazzle

RJM85 wrote: »
    Still no official course announcement though?

Garth Brooks is still trying to secure the licence, its appalling that they will launch without prior knowledge of a course, but then it is Ironman ............. 2000 people so desparate to enter ............. the course is still only rumoured or is there knowledge out there folks ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

This race is going to be really really crap, isn't it?

I mean, if they don't even feel confident enough to list the course they either
    a) have not finalised it
    or more likely
    b) think its rubbish

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

miller82 wrote: »

If for some reason i dont get it..... can i be first in line if someone isnt using theres ??

thanks

You can have mine, no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

miller82 wrote: »

thanks

I'm in the same boat - I pre-registerd too and didn't receive yet - assume cause there was 11,000 they have to do it in batches

ps - if anyone has one going spare I will gladly accept too though :)

This race is going to be really really crap, isn't it?

I mean, if they don't even feel confident enough to list the course they either
    a) have not finalised it
    or more likely
    b) think its rubbish

"Now that you have entered we can reveal that Dublin 70.30 is on the same course as DCT, just more laps"

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Thought I pre-registered but musn't have!!. If anyone is not using their registration I would appreciate it.

Cheers

I'm not really selling mine, whoever wants it let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

More than 11,000 people have pre-registered for IRONMAN 70.3 Dublin

:eek:

mloc123 wrote: »
    :eek:

That'll whittle down quickly on Monday. Loads of interest not the same as loads of entries.

AKW wrote: »
    That'll whittle down quickly on Monday. Loads of interest not the same as loads of entries.

Even so.. that is A LOT of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

yeah i got an email from them, wont be doing it, so pm me and il give whoever gets there first the details..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

If anyone wants a code I have one. Pm

Edit - code gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

this one is very clear when those races state how long it took them to sell out its always the general relase ( Im arizona was one of the first races that did not even get to general release )

its the same for roth before the public release they would allredy sell entrant to people that did the race before and clubs that make group bookings

but as i understand it the pre reg for dublin was totally of the charts and by far the highest ever seen in europe.

peter kern wrote: »
    this one is very clear when those races state how long it took them to sell out its always the general relase ( Im arizona was one of the first races that did not even get to general release )

its the same for roth before the public release they would allredy sell entrant to people that did the race before and clubs that make group bookings

but as i understand it the pre reg for dublin was totally of the charts and by far the highest ever seen in europe.

I'm in amsterdam next week peter, will collect money the following week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Apart from "pricey" or "expensive" anyone any idea on what price this might be pitched at ?

The entry fee is €250 plus 6% Active fee and is payable at the time of entry with a debit or credit card only.
    Once

Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/dublin/register/register.aspx#ixzz3Jj0prftc

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The entry fee is €250 plus 6% Active fee and is payable at the time of entry with a debit or credit card only.
    Once

Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/dublin/register/register.aspx#ixzz3Jj0prftc

Another one

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/dublin/athletes/course.aspx#axzz3Jj4WNkOE

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Once

€300 +6% on Nirvana... Hard to justify €250+ but...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bopperr

Absolute certainty to sell out on Monday. It's an unreal business model. Pre register customers to judge interest and aid setting price. Then don't even tell the customers what they are getting in advance. Could be out in balbriggan for all we know. It's hard to justify signing up given the unknowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Is anyone selling a link of willing to give me one ! I really want to do this and would be forever grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Is anyone selling a link of willing to give me one ! I really want to do this and would be forever grateful!

you can have mine no bother at that price and unknown course I'll pass.

send me your email and i'll forward the email

• Advertisement

tunney wrote: »
    I'm in amsterdam next week peter, will collect money the following week?

I wouldn't go spending it just yet...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement