Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

I pre registered but no email either. If anyone is sure they won't enter please mail me a code!?
    MOD - don't be so stupid as to.out personal contact info on here.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm 50/50 as to whether I'll enter. At the moment I'm thinking I should see the course before I sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Likewise, if any boardie has a pre-reg slot they don't plan to use I'd appreciate using it, would like to give Dublin 70.3 a shot.

You can pm or mail me to b_doyle1 @ yahoo dot com. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

Have a code and.more.then likely ill be giving.it away

Have to sit down and think about paying out 250

any one.know how much lost sheep is again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

€265.:eek:

I'm not sure which is worse the fact it will sell out or the number of people that will sign up and drop out for one reason or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Jonnymercier

Anyone got any inside info on the course?
    Swim in Liffey & cycle park & surrounding area & then rock n roll run in town???
    Can hardly be expected to pay €250 & not know any details!

Nothing concrete. General consensus is that the swim will be around Dun Laoighre somewhere, in the sea. Then depending which rumour you believe, the cycle will either go over the Wicklow Mountains, or else out to "West Dublin".

Then, again depending on rumours, it'll either be a city centre marathon (probably 4 laps of 10k) or else a Phoenix Park run (again, probably laps).

But like I said, all rumours at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MalDoc

Hi All,

I pre-registered using a gmail address. I couldn't see any email from Ironman and thought I missed out/registered too late also.

Did a quick search of my mail for Ironman and it resulted in a dozen or so previously unseen emails from Ironman Europe, along with the latest exclusive chance to register email.

Although from Ironman Europe it was sent via MailChimp which I think caused it to slip through the filters.

Anyway, worth a shot if you signed up with gmail also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Swim in Liffey & cycle park & surrounding area & then rock n roll run in town???
    Can hardly be expected to pay €250 & not know any details!

Definitely not a Liffey swim.

Bike out towards kilkdare I'd say then a phoenix park run.

It would be great to see a run along the quays but I can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Shedite27 wrote: »

Then, again depending on rumours, it'll either be a city centre marathon (probably 4 laps of 10k) or else a Phoenix Park run (again, probably laps)

Its a half ironman.......

• Advertisement

EC1000 wrote: »
    Its a half ironman.......
    Good point!

:o

Anyone else still awaiting email from ironman? I defo pre registered. If anyone not using their code please PM me thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Have a code and.more.then likely ill be giving.it away

any one.know how much lost sheep is again
    Briando wrote: »
    Likewise, if any boardie has a pre-reg slot they don't plan to use I'd appreciate using it, would like to give Dublin 70.3 a shot.

You can pm or mail me to b_doyle1 @ yahoo dot com. ;)
    Steroo wrote: »
    Anyone else still awaiting email from ironman? I defo pre registered. If anyone not using their code please PM me thanks

Pop your name into the other thread so it's easy to keep track of who has entries to pass on and who gets one.

Steroo wrote: »

I contacted ironman and got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rafa05

I pre-registered as well and never got an email :(

Is anyone not doing it that would like to give away their pre-reg code?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Johnoc25

Grateful for any available pre reg code

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Johnoc25

AKW wrote: »
    Pop your name into the other thread so it's easy to keep track of who has entries to pass on and who gets one.

Looking for a code if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Still nothing on course ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

miller82 wrote: »
    Still nothing on course ??

Don't be so negative with your objections.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dracafae

Hey, I'd be coming to race from out of the country, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the area in and around Dublin is very hilly? I heard that the Galway 70.3 was flat and was wondering if this would be similar, or if there are monster hills involved?

I recognise that the course is still a complete secret, so I'm just asking about the area in general.

Thank you!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If it goes through West Dublin and Kildare it will be relatively flat, if it goes through South Dublin and Wicklow, chances are it'll be pretty hilly. (Bike course that is)

If the run is purely city centre, it will be flat. If it's Phoenix Park and city centre it will be more challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Diarm

can.t find pre reg email, anybody got any tips on how to find it on gmail? or anyboddy got a code? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

send me PM

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Check spam first. that's where i found mine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Diarm wrote: »
    can.t find pre reg email, anybody got any tips on how to find it on gmail? or anyboddy got a code? thanks

THERE IS ONLY ONE CODE IT IS THE SAME FOR EVERYONE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

How much is it?

And they're off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I am excited...

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Anybody got a link to where you sign up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

My password isn't working!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement