Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Eventually got registered after refreshing the page dozens of time.....any idea of numbers doing it and course....

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Seems to be working again now.

I'm in! :D

Yes it's far too much money, yes the course isn't announced yet, yes there are cheaper, well-run events around the country... but I still couldn't resist.

I know! It's too much money and you're just paying for the brand but I know I'd be kicking myself when the time came around if I didn't sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

Swim confirmed on the site as Scotsman bay .
    http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/dublin/athletes/course.aspx#axzz3JyuXppEh

Swim

The swim is a one lap sea swim taking place in Scotsman's Bay, Dun Laoghaire, south of Dublin city. Athletes will be divided into waves for the start spread over c. 1hr 15 mins, with everyone being given 1hr 10 mins to complete the swim.

Bike

The bike course is a 56 mile single loop from Dun Laoghaire, north along the coast and through the centre of Dublin. It will continue out west of the city and return to Phoenix Park which is the location for T2. The bike course is provisional and subject to change in consultation with the relevant statutory authorities. The course will be confirmed when final agreement is reached and approvals issued.

Run

Phoenix Park will host the second transition zone, along with the run and finish for IRONMAN 70.3 Dublin. Further details will be published soon.

Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/dublin/athletes/course.aspx#ixzz3JyvbOmjG

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭KillianByrne

Anyone know the number of entries available for this, 2000/5000, more?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bopperr

I know this bike route like the back of my hand. road surface is good. flat basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bopperr

Mallorca is the largest 70.3 in the world and that is capped at 3500. Id be suprised if this is allowed over 3000 on its debut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

very disappointed with the course

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

bopperr wrote: »
    I know this bike route like the back of my hand. road surface is good. flat basically.

That is actually a very nice fast route. I will be out to watch the top of the field as they pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

I believe 2300-2500.

miller82 wrote: »

Why?

I have raced other European 70.3 races... the courses aren't exactly inspiring.

St Polten had 30-40km on motorway and Antwerp was laps of an industrial estate. The run in St Polten was just along the canal.. Antwerp was better through the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

The course will be confirmed when final agreement is reached and approvals issued.

So agreement/ approval still not in place?????

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

in, again impulse buy, operation next week on ankle so hopefully will give me something nice to aim for when back fit.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

ROI is on hold now :/

What is the deal with the tri club option, it wouldn't accept the password that I got in the email...

mloc123 wrote: »
    Why?

I have raced other European 70.3 races... the courses aren't exactly inspiring.

other courses are irrelevant to my comment though.
    is this an exciting course ?? no IMO
    They could have done so much with it

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

ToTriOrNot wrote: »
    So agreement/ approval still not in place?????

Lots of County Councils to involved....this is Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ToTriOrNot

potsy11 wrote: »
    Lots of County Councils to involved....this is Ireland.

Exactly, have they not learn form the issues this summer when concerns have to be cancelled because agreements couldn't get reached???? I shudder to think what might happen!!!

ToTriOrNot wrote: »
    Exactly, have they not learn form the issues !

This is Ireland man !!! not some flash law-dee-daw country that learns from mistakes !! less of your gumption

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

you want a nice course you have tri an mhi and the lost sheep you want razzmatazz you have dublin .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Interesting to see how many places are left for the public tomorrow, with all the shennigans of code swapping ;)
    Public entries open at 10am GMT (11 am CET) on Tuesday 25th November if there are any general entry places remaining. IRONMAN have a number of partners who are able to guarantee places in the event, please see options and links below

peter kern wrote: »
    you want a nice course you have tri an mhi and the lost sheep you want razzmatazz you have dublin .....

really ?? you saw something i didnt

trying to get in for the GF..... its "ON HOLD"

is this still a glitch or have they paused until tomorrow

really ?? you saw something i didnt

What do you want from a course? :confused:

Any time I raced I had my head down on the bike, not looking around at the scenery.

mloc123 wrote: »
    What do you want from a course? :confused:

Any time I raced I had my head down on the bike, not looking around at the scenery.

i'm just saying that i didnt find tri an mhi stunning is all.

and in relation to Dublin 70.3, i'm just saying, the route they have now which includes out to west dublin, via the park, and then laps of the park is a lot ****ter than up over the dublin mountains and around town for the run. If you think it makes no difference and you are so focused you see nothing etc , then fine.
    I just think the course could have been better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Course could have been more scenic without doubt, but nobody's out there to take photos and enjoy the ride in IM. There'll be plenty fo that in the training.

As a race it's a good one, Few technical corners, plenty of different aspects (bar maybe big climbs). Interesting what will happen with the dart at Merrion (do they have permission to block that for an hour or whatever? Also, there's a lot of speed bumps through the park.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Least it's near the house. Not much effort to go and support. Do a similar bike route to that when training and run in the park all the time so the course would be a big meh to me if I was doing it. Would be handy knowing it so well if you were challenging for Podium though.

Wonder what happened to the Merrion Square finish. Park route could be easy and flat or fairly challenging....

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mojopin10

Hi folks does anyone know of any other half ironman races around Ireland next year? I couldn't justify the fee IM for my first one but search half ironman Ireland in Google just gives me lots of info on Dublin IM!

Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

So if my cousin in France can enter this on Wednesday Peter loses :)

Makes sense to restrict the ROI entries, if only ROI demand for the race it ends in Year two. Smart making sure there is an international flavour. May make it long term viable

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

mojopin10 wrote: »
    Hi folks does anyone know of any other half ironman races around Ireland next year? I couldn't justify the fee IM for my first one but search half ironman Ireland in Google just gives me lots of info on Dublin IM!

Cheers in advance

Tri an Mhi
    Lough Cutra
    Shadowman
    Groomsport
    Lost Sheep

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement