Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

mojopin10 wrote: »
    Hi folks does anyone know of any other half ironman races around Ireland next year? I couldn't justify the fee IM for my first one but search half ironman Ireland in Google just gives me lots of info on Dublin IM!

Cheers in advance

have heard rumours of swinford going back to half distance in 2015, there are plenty of others too..

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

I'm not sure I can justify €250 for my first 70.3.. But logged in thru the email received via non ireland entries...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Has it sold out? Colleague of mine trying to enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭paddlepop

keep refreshing the link. When a slot comes free you will get in. Took me about 10 mins of refreshing to finally get in and register. They did have a glitch at 10 but that should be resolved now. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Just looked there now - looks like the Irish residence option is gone - only non-irish residents and tri club left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

So... has the pre entry officially sold out then? Who will be the official adjudicator between Peter and Tunney?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mloc123 wrote: »
    So... has the pre entry officially sold out then? Who will be the official adjudicator between Peter and Tunney?

If someone, located anywhere, can enter 24 hours after entry opens..............

tunney wrote: »
    If someone, located anywhere, can enter 24 hours after entry opens..............

ah now...

Has anyone a link to the entry page?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Entry opened today at 10am and is open again to the public at 10am tomorrow so it could not be sold out within the 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Just looked there now - looks like the Irish residence option is gone - only non-irish residents and tri club left.

Has anybody signed up as a non resident?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

PWEI wrote: »
    Has anybody signed up as a non resident?

Yes - there was no option for Irish Resident at the start - I just registered as non-res, and e-mailed them to change it back, which they've done.

You'll have to temporarily modify (country) your Active.com profile to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

does that mean no irish slots available tomorrow either ?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Have been trying to register, anyone else getting an invalid password message?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

Tinder wrote: »
    Have been trying to register, anyone else getting an invalid password message?

Only this morning when trying to select Tri Club. Did you select ROI resident?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

miller82 wrote: »
    does that mean no irish slots available tomorrow either ?
    iam sensing big buisness selling german adresses ......
    50 euro a pop ;-)

Only this morning when trying to select Tri Club. Did you select ROI resident?

I have tried all three and all I get is..

Please note the following: The password you have entered is incorrect. Please contact the event organizer to confirm you have the correct password.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

All i can say is, im glad to see Ironman Dublin are family friendly, opening a €265 race 4 weeks before christmas has and will rule it out for a lot of people

I think the price for an Ironman branded event is well known at this stage, if it opened in January you would prob say :

All i can say is, im glad to see Ironman Dublin are family friendly, opening a €265 race 3 weeks after christmas has and will rule it out for a lot of people....

Thats a fair point, but maybe if it had of been opened early instead of all the messing, that might have been more helpful

• Advertisement

And I am sure if it opened in May you would say "coming up to the summer holidays"..

The price was well know in advance, I am sure most people that were serious about entering had put money aside to do so.

Fair enough

Fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

and tunny had prepared you guys for a 400 euro entry fee.
    And I am sure if it opened in May you would say "coming up to the summer holidays"..

The price was well know in advance, I am sure most people that were serious about entering had put money aside to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Can someone post a link to the sign up page? I seem to be going around in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

You seriously expect people to be prepared for the opening of the event? Are you not aware that the moto of the race is "non est opus ut pararet, erit natare exultaverunt" ???

It is now saying all general entries are SOLD OUT!

How the hell did that happen when the website was either throwing up errors or off-line all day. Is this an omen of how the race will be run I wonder, not a good start!

Are entries going to open again tomorrow at some stage does anyone know?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

They said general entries will go up on Tuesday if there are any left...if it's sold out then they won't go up tomorrow and Peter is €50 richer.

Tinder wrote: »
    How the hell did that happen when the website was either throwing up errors or off-line all day.

I guess like a lot of people they just didn't expect the race to be so popular.. :pac:

• Advertisement

Peter, stick up a picture of you picking up your 50e when you get a chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement