Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

tunney wrote: »
    Does raise an interesting question - normally the NGB sanctions the WTC races and their run under their rules. Not sure if TI are on board with this one. Which raises a whole host of questions.

I think you are just being mischievous, you are the same person that was able to reference the different types of plastic when a question on bidons is raised and you couldn't do a quick search on whether this race appears on the TI calendar?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

cart man wrote: »
    I think you are just being mischievous, you are the same person that was able to reference the different types of plastic when a question on bidons is raised and you couldn't do a quick search on whether this race appears on the TI calendar?:confused:

LOL, didn't think of that.

Okay its on the calendar so it must be sanctioned. Had checked the Dublin site for references to licenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

sent TI a tweet to clear things up and they replied here is the link

https://twitter.com/tri_ireland/status/585797439891836929

so appears u need a TI licence

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Did anybody else get an email today for a number of IM 2016 events? I thought it was interesting that Dublin 2016 was listed as 70.3. I wonder if that's a typo or if they're reconsidering doing the full.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Seanie_H wrote: »
    Did anybody else get an email today for a number of IM 2016 events? I thought it was interesting that Dublin 2016 was listed as 70.3. I wonder if that's a typo or if they're reconsidering doing the full.

Let's just see if they can manage to pull off a 70.3 this year first. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Yep I got it, in my spam folder ;)

Dublin is 70.3 there were no plans for a full distance Ironman or have you a link to that info?

All the other events are also listed as being 70.3 half Ironman distance races by IRONMAN.

AKW wrote: »

Dublin is 70.3 there were no plans for a full distance Ironman or have you a link to that info?

It was mentioned when they first announced it but I am getting ahead of myself.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/boost-for-tourism-as-dublin-to-stage-ironman-triathlons-in-2015-and-2016-30329008.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Interesting. I did not know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

The Chief Swim Safety Coordinator for this HIM has been announced, he's one of the best known OW swimmers in Ireland, and its unlikely course will be truncated due to temperatures...

Positive move for those who take swimming seriously IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    The Chief Swim Safety Coordinator for this HIM has been announced, he's one of the best known OW swimmers in Ireland, and its unlikely course will be truncated due to temperatures...

Doesn't he know that the swimmers will be allowed wetsuits - he'll be laughing at their softness!!. He'll certainly be out the night before laying ice around the swim course to cool the water!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Kurt Godel wrote: »

Any reason you have not named him?

He is like the Stig but with a much less catchy handle "The Chief Swim Safety Coordinator"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

And provided a link???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Ger Kennedy

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Was there dates for the 70.3 in Barca ?

Stevo1983 wrote: »
    Was there dates for the 70.3 in Barca ?

Sorry, can't remember and the emails long gone. There were three events listed - Dublin was one and can't recall the other two.

Sorry, can't remember and the emails long gone. There were three events listed - Dublin was one and can't recall the other two.

Their was no dates on the email for the 2016 70.3 only for the 3 they were trying to push for 2015.

scheister wrote: »
    Their was no dates on the email for the 2016 70.3 only for the 3 they were trying to push for 2015.

It said Dublin 70.3 August 2016.

It said Dublin 70.3 August 2016.

no where in the email does it give dates for 2016 races. Attached it the body of the email

scheister wrote: »
    no where in the email does it give dates for 2016 races. Attached it the body of the email

That shuts me up. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Does any of you have Garmin or any data about Bike part - just to get more info about elevation etc. and maybe try it out as part of the training in coming weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    Does any of you have Garmin or any data about Bike part - just to get more info about elevation etc. and maybe try it out as part of the training in coming weeks...

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6529243

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

any chance of a late entry into this or is it all sewn up months in advance..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Can anyone deduce from that link if there will be an opportunity to purchase Official IRONMAN Merchandise?

At an Official IRONMAN Merchandise Store?

Perchance...?

cjt156 wrote: »
    Can anyone deduce from that link if there will be an opportunity to purchase Official IRONMAN Merchandise?

At an Official IRONMAN Merchandise Store?

Perchance...?

Moore Street I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Moore Street I heard

MDot Tatts Five for Fifty!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

Assuming that the race briefings on the Friday aren't mandatory, I would imagine this set-up would just encourage people to wait until Saturday to register so that they can check in their "red bag" (I'm guessing T2/run gear) in the one trip before heading out to DL to check in their bikes? Otherwise each person has 2 trips to the PP which will be awkward to say the least for many people.

I was really hoping to check in our gear into the one transition zone (Dun Laoghaire) and that they'd transport our bags for T2 over to the Phoenix Park so we wouldn't have to.

...though I should really wait for an official email/explanation before analysing it in this much depth! :)

Assuming that the race briefings on the Friday aren't mandatory, I would imagine this set-up would just encourage people to wait until Saturday to register so that they can check in their "red bag" (I'm guessing T2/run gear) in the one trip before heading out to DL to check in their bikes? Otherwise each person has 2 trips to the PP which will be awkward to say the least for many people.

I was really hoping to check in our gear into the one transition zone (Dun Laoghaire) and that they'd transport our bags for T2 over to the Phoenix Park so we wouldn't have to.

...though I should really wait for an official email/explanation before analysing it in this much depth! :)

In IMde with split transition you drop your bike and all backs to T1, T2 bags are transported to T2 then for you and hung on racks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

In IMde with split transition you drop your bike and all backs to T1, T2 bags are transported to T2 then for you and hung on racks.

Yes, that's what I was hoping for. The way they've planned it just sounds like it'll cause chaos at the registration on the Saturday morning.

On the plus side it gives us more opportunities to purchase IM Merchandise... :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement