Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Yes, that's what I was hoping for. The way they've planned it just sounds like it'll cause chaos at the registration on the Saturday morning.

On the plus side it gives us more opportunities to purchase IM Merchandise... :rolleyes:

You could just buy some from the online store for races in 2010-2014 and pretend you did the races.

I think if more people thought of this the race would be empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

cjt156 wrote: »
    Can anyone deduce from that link if there will be an opportunity to purchase Official IRONMAN Merchandise?

At an Official IRONMAN Merchandise Store?

Perchance...?

I guess from that I know to park my van at the Papal Cross for the weekend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

shansey wrote: »
    any chance of a late entry into this or is it all sewn up months in advance..

If you manage to get a lot of fundraising done, you might be in with a shout:

http://www.triathlonireland.com/index.php?id=107&nid=2264

• Registered Users Posts: 33 br3ak666

Hi Ladz,

If anybody know anybody who want to sell his/her ticket let me know as i would like to sing up, so i am seeking ticket....

Thanks,

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

br3ak666 wrote: »
    Hi Ladz,

If anybody know anybody who want to sell his/her ticket let me know as i would like to sing up, so i am seeking ticket....

Thanks,
    You cant buy someone elses entry.

• Advertisement

ohh really ? so if somebody get injured can not give me his her entry ? just will loose it ?....that is said...

ohh really ? so if somebody get injured can not give me his her entry ? just will loose it ?....that is said...

No they dont allow transfers to another person. And usually need your race licence/id on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Oryx wrote: »
    No they dont allow transfers to another person. And usually need your race licence/id on the day.

Someone else tri card , change the picture , race under their name . Job done ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Someone else tri card , change the picture , race under their name . Job done ..

I'm selling knock off completion certs, half entry price, no training needed; lovely geezer.

I have race licence for this year.....but i am down now...i was sure i can buy anyone entry if somebody dont want to go.....

• Advertisement

I have race licence for this year.....but i am down now...i was sure i can buy anyone entry if somebody dont want to go.....

Not if you want to do it in your own name. Theyll call someone elses at the finish line if you go bandit on an unused number :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

if you want to do it that much the 1500 euro entries are available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Or you could put your race licence to good use and do some other races.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

mossym wrote: »
    if you want to do it that much the 1500 euro entries are available

Don't do this.
    Or you could put your race licence to good use and do some other races.

Do this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Does anybody know if you can transfer your entry to next years race?

I was knocked off my scooter by a car on Monday. Nothing broken but I have ligament damage in my knee. So frustrating as I've been training about 9 times a week since January. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

PWEI wrote: »

I was knocked off my scooter by a car on Monday. Nothing broken but I have ligament damage in my knee. So frustrating as I've been training about 9 times a week since January. :(

In a word - no.

Full transfer/policy in the FAQ

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/dublin/athletes/faqs.aspx#faq8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Izoard wrote: »

You can transfer it to another race but not next years Dublin as it is not open to entries. Perhaps they may allow it but I dont think so.
    Withdrawal Procedure
    Option 1.) Transfer
    Athletes can transfer their race entry according to the Race Transfer Policy. This allows athletes to transfer to another event in the European Tour which is still open for entries and is subject to payment of an administration fee. Details are available on the Online Form
    Note that you cannot transfer to the same race the following year and you cannot transfer into an event that has closed to general entries.

Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/dublin/athletes/faqs.aspx#ixzz3aECLUGUF

PWEI wrote: »

Depending on how many weeks you have to go, you may salvage this yet. Dont panic. See how recovery goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Depending on how many weeks you have to go, you may salvage this yet. Dont panic. See how recovery goes.

Yea maybe. I'll wait for the MRI results and take it from there. Thanks

Doubt I'll make the Hell of the West though which will be my third time missing it. I entered in 2011 & 2013 but got injured those years.
    I had an injury free 2012 & 2014 but never entered.
    I'm starting to think there's a curse on me preventing me doing that race in my native county Clare. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gparker

I know the run course hasn't been finalised ... but has anyone heard if it will be on the road or part off road (like the Dublin City Tri) ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

gparker wrote: »
    I know the run course hasn't been finalised ... but has anyone heard if it will be on the road or part off road (like the Dublin City Tri) ?

This is the provisional run route:

http://www.runmap.net/en/route/2902523-dublin-703-run-course/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

gparker wrote: »
    In case you're not familiar with the area, that's all road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gparker

Cheers ... looks to all be on the road anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Coming up from "de country" to cheer on my better half in her first 70.3 could anyone recommend a good hotel either close to start or finish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

boodiebhoy wrote: »
    Coming up from "de country" to cheer on my better half in her first 70.3 could anyone recommend a good hotel either close to start or finish ?

The Royal Marine would be the best closest to the start.

You have a choice of hotels in town it really depends what you want/need eg do you need parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I 2nd that, Royal Marine is your best bet but... it looks to be booked up already , I thought as much. Next up is the Kingston Hotel nearby but that's fully booked as well!

After that your looking at B&Bs like http://www.tara-hall.ie/

or if you need a hotel go to Fitzpatricks Castle (http://www.fitzpatrickcastle.com/) - about 2/3 miles away from the start - downhill :) This is where I'm pool training for this event and Barca IM in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

For hotel in kinda depends what your plans are really. Are you staying the Sunday night too? If so I'd have thought staying around Phoenix Park would be better.

Remember Travel Insurance people

tunney wrote: »
    Remember Travel Insurance people
    Normal TI doesnt cover competition.

• Advertisement

Normal TI doesnt cover competition.

I was jokingly referring to reclaiming the cost of the hotel if the event was cancelled.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement