Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Anyways I will just leave it up to your sense of morals and fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I entered on Sunday just gone with no issues so it certainly wasn't sold out then!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pot p

I entered on Sunday just gone with no issues so it certainly wasn't sold out then!

How did u get entry, through a charity spot??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

pot p wrote: »
    How did u get entry, through a charity spot??

Through the link in the other page I'd imagine. Triathlon club slot or something like that

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Never heard of tri club slots before. Is this common?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pot p

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Through the link in the other page I'd imagine. Triathlon club slot or something like that

Thanks

iwillhtfu wrote: »

Yes, used the TCP code and got a slot no problem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Oryx wrote: »

I find it bizarre. With slots still available, why not have them open to anyone to enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I find it bizarre. With slots still available, why not have them open to anyone to enter?
    tunney wrote: »
    Open to a bet on whether the event actually happens.

A more cynical man might draw a conclusion from putting these two posts together.

Anyone know how the organisers are doing in getting the necessary road closures from the relevant councils that no other club in the city seem to be able to get??

'Cause I've got friends in low places
    Where the whiskey drowns
    And the beer chases my blues away
    And I'll be okay
    I'm not big on social graces
    Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
    Oh, I've got friends in low places

Just saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

Just saying

Garth Brooks is doing Iron Man Dublin?

RJM85 wrote: »
    Garth Brooks is doing Iron Man Dublin?

He's actually doing an ultra ironman. He did say he'd swim to Ireland. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

RQ - which would you prefer, a tenner now or a tenner in 6 months?

Now make that tenner a half million.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

Oryx wrote: »

NEW for 2015 - what is the Tri Club Program?
    Following the success of the Tri Club Program in the USA, this exciting new category offers triathlon clubs the opportunity for its members to enter as individuals but their results are all combined as a team in a point scoring ladder system.
    Clubs are assigned to a division based on membership size. Race Day Winners of all ten European Qualification Races will qualify, with 5 athletes having the chance to compete in the inaugural European TriClub Final to become the new European TriClub Champion.

Registration is free of charge and once a club is registered, athletes can enter for all IRONMAN 70.3 events in the UK in 2015, including IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire, Exmoor and Dublin. You could be on your way to the IRONMAN European Club Championships (venue to be announced shortly)

For further information on the TriClub Program and to register your club visit:

http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/organizations/tri-clubs/europe-and-africa.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭WattsUp

Got in yesterday using the TCP program. Thanks for the links and password.

Question. I see the bike crosses the dart track off the Merrion road. Is the dart going to be closed running south of Sydney parade station ?

If it's running it will be a pain for competitors or if it's closed it will be a pain for spectators

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

20rothmans wrote: »
    Question. I see the bike crosses the dart track off the Merrion road. Is the dart going to be closed running south of Sydney parade station ?

If it's running it will be a pain for competitors or if it's closed it will be a pain for spectators

I believe the DART line is down that day for scheduled maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭WattsUp

Never mind. Answered it myself. DART does not kick off until 9ish on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kyserium

Hi, would anyone know if there is any private IRISH company looking after transportation to/from centre of city to T1 area both for registration and bike drop off (assume this has to be the night before?) ..and also for early morning on the Sunday for the race itself. Have already checked with Nirvana and they are not doing a transportation only option (well, not for this Dublin event - they did for London World Championships in 2013).
    Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jnk883

From the maps posted on facebook yesterday it looks like it will be 70.2 rather than 70.3 :-) You think they could make up the .1

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭frazzledazzle

Kyserium wrote: »
    Hi, would anyone know if there is any private IRISH company looking after transportation to/from centre of city to T1 area both for registration and bike drop off (assume this has to be the night before?) ..and also for early morning on the Sunday for the race itself. Have already checked with Nirvana and they are not doing a transportation only option (well, not for this Dublin event - they did for London World Championships in 2013).
    Thanks,

You'd hope they would look after the competitors and surely this is thought of .............. especially on the Sunday morning and for those coming to Dublin from elsewhere - then of course to make sure of the longevity of the event as competitors will not enter again if not looked after!

• Advertisement

Kyserium wrote: »
    Thanks,
    You'd hope they would look after the competitors and surely this is thought of .............. especially on the Sunday morning and for those coming to Dublin from elsewhere - then of course to make sure of the longevity of the event as competitors will not enter again if not looked after!

Why? No other race does this? Austria, Frankfurt, Roth etc

Do buses and dart not go out to T1?

Unlikely to be running that early on a Sunday morning. You ever used public transport on a Sunday??

BTH wrote: »
    Unlikely to be running that early on a Sunday morning. You ever used public transport on a Sunday??

I only read the registration and bike drop off part of his post. :)

FWIW, I had to get a taxi at 4:30 in the morning in Austria...for everything else reg/big drop off I used the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

BTH wrote: »

They might put on special services like they do on All-Ireland Sunday(s) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I believe the DART line is down that day for scheduled maintenance.
    pgibbo wrote: »
    They might put on special services like they do on All-Ireland Sunday(s) :pac:

If Hamstervision is right then the Dart will be a no go.

Their FB page says there are buses running from Phoenix park to swim start from 4 am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Is there still entries available for this?

Is there still entries available for this?

Yes - but Peter wants to ignore this and not give me back my money. Ah well Irish moral fibre of higher quality that German it seems :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Yes - but Peter wants to ignore this and not give me back my money. Ah well Irish moral fibre of higher quality that German it seems :)

I tried entering using that link and password on the previous page but no joy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement