Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman 70.3 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

wrote:
    Athletes, please note you must have a valid race licence from an ITU National Federation or a One Day Licence purchased through Triathlon Ireland to race on August 9th. One Day Licences must be purchased online from Triathlon Ireland before Thursday 6th August, there will be NO facility to purchase the licences at race registration. Full details on how to purchase a licence are on the link below. No Licence no Race!

From facemuck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Grassey wrote: »
    From facemuck

Fairly standard for all triathlons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Some people seem outraged at this bizarre notion. Let the games begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

No pros doing this I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

Waves 1 and 2 are for Pro Males and Pro Females respectively so I'd imagine there are! No idea who though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I'll be camped out in T2 somewhere looking forward to seeing an event from the volunteer side.

A long auld day though from the email I got earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

I might have missed it somewhere but is there anything on the transporting of the swim gear back to the finish line , as they are all bagged it should be easy transporting them in bulk .Dont fancy a trip back afterwards .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Kevin Thornton probably one of few.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 day walker101

Fraser Cartmell is the only one I've heard of so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pro lineups are always very late announcements, they still don't even have next weeks linups announced...

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

I might have missed it somewhere but is there anything on the transporting of the swim gear back to the finish line , as they are all bagged it should be easy transporting them in bulk .Dont fancy a trip back afterwards .

Just reading through the race brief thoroughly now. In the Bags section, under Blue Bike Bag, it says: "After you have used your blue bike bag for your swim-to-bike transition, use this bag to pack your swim gear in. Leave this bag in transition and it will be transported to Phoenix Park for you to collect after the race."

Good news! :) Heading back to Dun Laoghaire afterwards would've been a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hutchy_belfast

Has anyone heard if the plug got pulled on the tri club programme spots? I'm in a tri club but none of the organiers know anything about the TCP. I tried that as a code as touted about 10 pages back but it's seemingly expired. If anyone know something about it any advice would be greatly appreciated

Has anyone heard if the plug got pulled on the tri club programme spots? I'm in a tri club but none of the organiers know anything about the TCP. I tried that as a code as touted about 10 pages back but it's seemingly expired. If anyone know something about it any advice would be greatly appreciated

what exactly was this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I assume they're all filled up. The option for the slots was gone a few pages ago when JB tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Fraser Cartmell is the only one I've heard of so far.

Delighted to hear Robbie Wade is coming back from the US to race this.

Ceepo wrote: »
    Delighted to hear Robbie Wade is coming back from the US to race this.

When was the last time he raced?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

When was the last time he raced?

Weekend before last

https://twitter.com/Robbiewade1/status/623170027919962113

Ceepo, none of these one tri wonders will have ever heard of Robbie.

BTH wrote: »

whats a one tri wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Weekend before last

Sorry. (Hangs head in shame)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

whats a one tri wonder?

They're the kind of people who sign up for IRONMAN Dublin because of hype and marketing as their first and most likely last triathlon.

Not saying thats you, but that will be a lot of the entrants for this.

They're the kind of people who sign up for IRONMAN Dublin because of hype and marketing as their first and most likely last triathlon.

Have to agree with you on that, seeing a lot of people down around Sandycove these days who look like they'll need more than a prayer to finish. Anyway, good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

whats a one tri wonder?

A first cousin of the bucket list fattie :rolleyes:

And fair play to them. They could be doing worse things.

Steroo wrote: »
    And fair play to them. They could be doing worse things.

True that :D

I started Triathlon just for this event. I learned to swim from scratch. I got my first road bike & put in the miles. I got back running after 2 years off. When I cross the finish line I'll have done the hardest event for me to date, months & months of work. What happens after that I don't know. But I will have achieved something that most will not, I have new skills, I am fit & healthy. Whether or not the likes of me has heard of Pro racers or will go on to do great things is not important. I resent the snobbery that i find on threads like this.

If others try & fail - so what? they tried which is more than most. It's admirable in my book either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

**** the begrudgers Steero, far too many of them on this forum.

Best of luck and enjoy the experience.

Yours,
    A one-tri-wonder who has now done 14 Olympics, 4 70.3's and a Full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

Weekend before last

Great attitude for a moderator of the forum to have:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Steroo wrote: »
    ...............achieved something that most will not, I have new skills, I am fit & healthy. Whether or not the likes of me has heard of Pro racers or will go on to do great things is not important. I resent the snobbery that i find on threads like this.

If others try & fail - so what? they tried which is more than most. It's admirable in my book either way........

Here here,
    The comment though could be tongue in cheek
    Regardless of the event, sport or distance there will always be a few Declan Moffits.

I've started marathons a few times at the appropriate level and passed these clods wheezing on the side of the road
    Dublin 70.3 will be no different

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement